PDA

View Full Version : Dare I speak of the Pneumag?

Stealth Fighter
12-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Hi all, long time no posts, been away from paintball, because I've been dumping money into my car and haven't exactly had the time for paintball, but my friends have suddenly grown an interest as strong as mine once was and I'm hooked again, my mag project is now closer to finish than it was a while ago.

Anywho, any news on the progress on a pneumatic trigger frame, has PTP moved, or deadlywind advanced with the hAir?

CKY_Alliance
12-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi all, long time no posts, been away from paintball, because I've been dumping money into my car and haven't exactly had the time for paintball, but my friends have suddenly grown an interest as strong as mine once was and I'm hooked again, my mag project is now closer to finish than it was a while ago.

Anywho, any news on the progress on a pneumatic trigger frame, has PTP moved, or deadlywind advanced with the hAir?

Patents are pretty much keeping from any company making them and selling them, but many people are making home versions..and there is a member on the forum that will make them for you..pnuemagger..(well i think he will)

Logic made a frame intended for pneumag,but im not sure if they were released with the internals..

search there is tons of threads on the patents and how to make them.

RRfireblade
12-14-2006, 09:05 PM

PTP has legal rights to build them , that project is at about 50% and now on hold indefinately due to the life threatening illness of the Owner of PTP.

DW has legal rights to build them but are not for un-disclosed reasons , other than hints at a possible . . . something related.

Anything else is a DIYer option with a variety of info posts and a few AO people offering various parts of the job as a service ( under the table so to speak) ;)

That's the jist.

Rudz
12-14-2006, 09:08 PM
pnuemagger ftw..he can make you a pnue frame

Stealth Fighter
12-14-2006, 09:18 PM
I managed to get my hands on one of the last Logic Mech Frames, which I here will go back into production once CoolHand gets his feet back under him, and I plan on making it pneumatic, but I really like the frame and don't want to butcher for fear of ruining it and then not being able to get another.

However I was looking at the ULF from you rogue and it looks like it has plenty of room to cram pneumatics put into it, but I think I should get the gun completed I go off spending more money on a pneumatic frame.

Lenny
12-14-2006, 11:08 PM
pnuemagger ftw..he can make you a pnue frame
I play with pneumagger pretty regularly and I can personally vouche for his work. Fantastic peices of work. Trigger's a little wierd until you get used to it, but they seriously rip.

Joe FTW.

Chronobreak
12-15-2006, 12:18 AM
PTP has legal rights to build them , that project is at about 50% and now on hold indefinately due to the life threatening illness of the Owner of PTP.

DW has legal rights to build them but are not for un-disclosed reasons , other than hints at a possible . . . something related.

Anything else is a DIYer option with a variety of info posts and a few AO people offering various parts of the job as a service ( under the table so to speak) ;)

That's the jist.

i had asked how he was doing but had gotten no response and didn't want to push the subject

glad to see plans are still going forward, although almsot as slow as devilmags being completed.

ptp is garbage.... :ninja:

i get mad everythime this is briught up, because everytime its 6 months later and nothing more has been done on either side of the fence(or so it appears)

--nearing the big 4k ....uh ohs

FARMER00
12-15-2006, 12:32 AM
is there anyone who still does kits of pnuemag parts?

Pneumagger
12-15-2006, 01:06 AM
pneumags are nice... Fast, unique, quality platform - but they are "just like any other high end" IMO. In fact you could probably buy a nice electro and get the same performance for less money. However, the pride in them comes from building them. I suggest buying parts and doing it yourself. You'll learn alot the mag and it's operation, as well as have something to be proud of after tinkering.

It's not difficult at all, and if your sober for most of the project you can even come out of it with all 10 fingers left! :cheers:

SpecialBlend2786
12-15-2006, 01:28 AM
pneumags are nice... Fast, unique, quality platform - but they are "just like any other high end" IMO. In fact you could probably buy a nice electro and get the same performance for less money. However, the pride in them comes from building them. I suggest buying parts and doing it yourself. You'll learn alot the mag and it's operation, as well as have something to be proud of after tinkering.

It's not difficult at all, and if your sober for most of the project you can even come out of it with all 10 fingers left! :cheers:

wait....how many fingers do you have again?
:eek:

Pneumagger
12-15-2006, 01:33 AM
wait....how many fingers do you have again?
:eek:
I can handle my drinks bud!

/tries to count fingers
//can't because of 2 40's taped to hands
///wonders how he can still type

Warwitch
12-15-2006, 10:58 AM

You mean all 12 fingers right?

going_home
12-15-2006, 06:14 PM
is there anyone who still does kits of pnuemag parts?

I'm pretty sure Michael over at Air Soldier has all the stuff.

http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=AOS

Maybe contact him.