PDA

View Full Version : Gun Whores

paintballwannab
12-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Alrighty so i'm bored and got curious tonight =]

What exactly makes you a gun whore?
and how many guns must u own to be considered a gun whore?

just curious to see what people say.

me personally

Autococker trilogy comp
Autococker Chris cole shocktech
Polished Minimag
Classic RT automag
Tippmann 68 Special
Tippmann 98 C
Spyder E-grip
and a Stingray =]

hvacman250
12-15-2006, 11:33 PM
If you currently own all those, you are a collector, not a whore.

A true gun whore buys or trades guns for profit, or keeps them a short period of time. I have slowed down a lot, but in 2006, I had about 25 guns in my possession. Some I had sold before I got them. Some got played with once, then traded.

All for fun and profit.

phizz
12-15-2006, 11:35 PM
well I had 15 but now i'm downsizing bought a new vehicle so I need cash

pgps' X 6
Nelspot 007
sydarm (just sold today)
xmag (hopefuly will sell today)
micromag
karta bodied mag
04 viking
Bruizer
04 freestyle
old stingray
mini e-orracle

I use, dont' like, trade etc. I never seem to be able to make a profit I always just want to get them sold and get the new thing I want to try out.

paintballwannab
12-15-2006, 11:36 PM
lol... well thats this week

last week it was

minimag
minimag
automag
Tippmann 98 C
Spyder E-grip
Stingray

MoeMag
12-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Gun whore: Keeps gun(s) for no longer than the time needed to sell it in their favor. A friend of mine who is the gun whore god of AZ has bought and sold 200+ guns in the past year. Generally dealing with lower end, older yet still desirable gun models. I bought many a Automag off of him that he has received in trade. On occasion he deals with high profile guns but for some reason they don’t get as much traffic. Example… he has had a polish gold bushwhackers sl66 #24 that we couldn’t sell for the world for almost a month now. It finally went for $1k on pbnation out of frustration last night.

My friend is a gun whore. He whores his guns and equip out all the time to make money
I hoard guns; I have 19 guns, which I will keep.

I think hoard and whore are commonly misused with one another.

ME:
Minimag
Classic mag
e-mag
X-valved ULE mag
RT classic mag
RT mag (on loan)
Tippmann pro carbine
Tippmann A-5
Gen E trix w/ virtue
DM3 LCD
dm4 w/ul frame (on loan)
Dm5 stock frame w/ cf trigger and tadao
Outcast cocker
Ion w/virtue
Benjamin Sheridan pump pistol
F2
Some sort of old right feed pump cocker
sydarm
black blue DM6 (just sold so it really doenst count, but a '07 will soon replace it)
'06 ego

paintballwannab
12-15-2006, 11:44 PM
i'll agree with that, i buy and sell and trade guns alot. but alot of time its not trying to make money but i get bored very easy and want a new toy. when i find a gun i'm happy with i keep it for a pretty good while, or collectable guns, i still wish i hadn't sold my montnel =[.

hvacman250
12-15-2006, 11:48 PM
You have to know whats "hot", and the SL66s are going out. And near Christmas is not a time to sell.

You cant make money selling a high end gun; you have to trade them for 2 for 1s, or 3 for 1s.

One example from mid-year:

Bought a local DM5 for $400
Added UL frame $200...total $600 invested

Traded on PBN for 06 Speed, Stiffi switch kit, and $250 cash
Sodl the Angel (before I got it, mind you) for $500, Switch kit for $100, and $200 cash = $850

Thats a $200 profit for a few hours work. Doesnt pay the mortgage, but pays for paint at the field:)

MoeMag
12-15-2006, 11:49 PM
You have to know whats "hot", and the SL66s are going out. And near Christmas is not a time to sell.

You cant make money selling a high end gun; you have to trade them for 2 for 1s, or 3 for 1s.

One example from mid-year:

Bought a local DM5 for $400
Added UL frame $200...total $600 invested

Traded on PBN for 06 Speed, Stiffi switch kit, and $250 cash
Sodl the Angel (before I got it, mind you) for $500, Switch kit for $100, and $200 cash = $850

Thats a $200 profit for a few hours work. Doesnt pay the mortgage, but pays for paint at the field:)

Now thats quality gun whore'ing (sp)

Mikey B
12-15-2006, 11:51 PM
wow where to start, no real order but it kinda went like this

xts nemesis
a second one
98c
pirhana
phantom
68 mag
angel lcd
e-mag
e-blade lotus
ripper cocker
ultralight cocker
angel speed
Pimp
RPG mag
phantom (second)
e-blade lotus (second)
ultralight turned into sniper

I think there is one or two more but eh

hvacman250
12-15-2006, 11:53 PM
Now thats quality gun whore'ing (sp)
Thats only a fraction of 2006 though. I havent done much lately. I actually whored 2 pumps last week :wow: Now that was interesting. I even surprised myself.

Its all about having the latest and greatest, and some spoiled rich kid will give you whatever it takes to get it. Early this year, having an Ego was the way to go. I made hundreds of dollars whoring Egos.

From most recent:

DM6
Etek
PM5
VSC Phantom
4 Sniper 2s
Empire 2 Timmy
UL'd DM5
UL'd PM5
VSC Phantom
Mech cocker
DM5
06 Ego
05 Ego
DM4
05 Ego
06 Speed
DM3
03 Viking
3 Ions
Emag
3 mech mags
mech cocker
04 Speed
05 Freestyle
04 Gen 2 Freestyle
Delta pistol
4 E-Spyders
2 mech Spyders
2 A-5s

I have pics of most all of these, except the ones I lost in a hard drive crash.

paintballwannab
12-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Ego's and i've noticed recently theres been a decent demand for mags recently, alot of people wanting to trade thier guns for mags of some sort.

EDIT: do u have any more pumps =]

mr.mag218
12-16-2006, 12:01 AM
classic mag
xalve mag
4 emags (2micros, 2 ule's)
3 shockers
abomb timmy
3 devilmags
1rt pro
2 tippmanns
ion
2 hypermags
nerve
splatemaster
bob long millenium
impulse
pm5
dm5
stingray
and the first matrix.
.....trying to get another dmag

etjoyride
12-16-2006, 12:04 AM
I have slowed down lately, partly because i don't put as much effort in. However, for about 1 year or so i was a crazy gun whore (some good calls some bad).

I traded up through from a 250 dollar phantom to a viking to a y grip'd ULE mag to an A4fly to a (some guns in between) down to an e-cocker plus cash. I have probably come out on top by about 200 in that grouping alone.

Then there's the phantom, palmers SS, pneumag deal where i am coming out on top by several hundred(minus labor ;) )

It's all about a few lucky grabs mixed with the market for certain guns at certain times (it's a good thing this changes often). Although i don't have much experience with it, i kind of relate gun whoring to the stock market. You have to buy/trade low to sell/trade high. It's a bit of luck,a bit of skill, and some spare time all mixed into one package... or something like that.

hvacman250
12-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Ego's and i've noticed recently theres been a decent demand for mags recently, alot of people wanting to trade thier guns for mags of some sort.

EDIT: do u have any more pumps =]

I have a Sniper at anno that I'm keeping and a beautiful VSC Phantom that I am selling. Its in the BST here.

zazzoo
12-16-2006, 12:20 AM
i usually only buy guns i can get a good deal on and turn around for more money its great you make money and you get to test a variety of guns to find the one that sticks out to you

Rudz
12-16-2006, 12:20 AM
i am more of a collector, i go after mags that are high end and rare..i own a mint sfl, an ice fade xmag, and a karta emag, recently sold my karta/thrasher devilmag, but i got an sfl from it so im happy..

spike_ball999
12-16-2006, 12:30 AM
i've noticed recently theres been a decent demand for mags recently, alot of people wanting to trade thier guns for mags of some sort.

Ok, so it isn't just me that noticed it.

I'm just a whore in general. That's what craigslist is for ;) I don't have the money to do guns just yet.

In the past I was a pretty big snare drum whore. I think I went through about 10 snares in one year and not one of them got to see the stage or studio. Maybe a couple sticks, but that's it.

Pneumagger
12-16-2006, 12:38 AM
I used to be a Gun whore. But I haven't sold a gun in 4 days... so I think I'm cured. :)

RRfireblade
12-16-2006, 12:39 AM
A gun whore IMO , is someone who buys sells and trades markers with no care for any of them , how much he makes or loses on deal and generally what he ends up with afterward as long as it's something they find to be 'brag' worthy.

Typically , they care FAR more about being thought of as a gun whore than they do about the guns or the trade , as though poor business transactions and great loses of money are something to be proud of. :)

Of course when they tell the story , they always come out thousands of $$ ahead and with twice as much stuff than when they started. Curiously tho , there are very few tangibles to actually show for it. :rolleyes:

funny how no one evers loses money in a paintball deal.

:spit_take

hvacman250
12-16-2006, 01:00 AM
A gun whore IMO , is someone who buys sells and trades markers with no care for any of them , how much he makes or loses on deal and generally what he ends up with afterward as long as it's something they find to be 'brag' worthy.

Typically , they care FAR more about being thought of as a gun whore than they do about the guns or the trade , as though poor business transactions and great loses of money are something to be proud of. :)

Of course when they tell the story , they always come out thousands of $$ ahead and with twice as much stuff than when they started. Curiously tho , there are very few tangibles to actually show for it. :rolleyes:

What you say is so true :hail: There are many wanna-be whores. You have to be smart to make money, and be patient on the right deal.

I can honestly say the only gun I've lost money on is my wifes PM5 I had anno'd pink for her, and its because I kept it for a year.

ALL others I have made at least $100 on, or got a free barrel, tank, hopper, or something out of the deal for free.

RavishingEddie
12-16-2006, 01:14 AM
Ok this is funny, because I read in a paintball mag on the subject of gun whoreism and they fall into different categories. I am going by memory here so it may not be as accurate as the mag but here it goes.

Classic whore - This whore spends most of his time on the shooting range than actually playing. He is usually surrounded by a group of newbs as he shows off his prized possesion, shortly followed by another and another from gun bag. This whore usually appreciates the attention from googling eyes as he struts his stuff like a true whore.

Collector whore This whore is the exact replica of those people you see on KCET on the "Antique Road Show" except it is paintball. They wet themselves of just thinking what they could own and how much of that or those they could own. This whore is different from the trader whore, because they have no interest in letting go of what they own and if you're lucky enough to strike a deal with the Collecter whore it is usually on a hefty price.

Trader whore This whore trades guns like 12 years olds trade baseball cards. They shoot the gun of their dreams and shortly get bored and shoot the next gun of their dreams. Trader whores will never make up their minds and will wander endlessly on their quest for "The gun".

Newb whore This whore believes that the gun is what makes the player and not the other way around. This whore believes that he has to own the latest and greatest gun or else he will not be as good. These types of whores will never shoot a gun that is more than a year old and are beloved by and cherished by paintball companies everywhere.

Tech whore This whore is actually turned on by what makes the gun tick more than anything else. They are fascinated by the different integral mechanisms and gyrations. They are capable of taking apart a new gun before they even shoot it. I do admit that tech whores can come out with cool and weird creations all the time.

So ask your self which one of these or a combination of these are you? ;)

olinar
12-16-2006, 01:25 AM
i was recently on the path to gun whoreing but i stopped myself.
i play once a month and pretty much just use my 98.at one point i owned 4 minimags 3 classic mags 2 classic rts a tac one an emag and some spyders.i decided there was no way i could ever use these and decided to just get myself one or 2 guns.so i got rid of them and im down to 2.with a possible 3rd and 4th coming.i once got a tac one off ebay for $300 and sadly i parted it but that was the only way i could get an xvalve which was free basically witha a few hours work.i thinkim gonna get back to whoreing after the holidays.

Demonio
12-16-2006, 01:29 AM
Hmmm that's some intersting Whore info. According to that, I'd be a Collector Whore. But I'd rather be considered a Gun Pimp as I don't mind letting others play with what's in my stable as long as I play with my favorite first. :cool:

d4m4don3
12-16-2006, 03:51 AM
Lets see...
CCM SS 25
Classic ULE'd mag
Pariah ULE X-valved mag
Invert Mini

and a host of sub 100 blowbacks in working and non-working condition.

partially a tech and collector whore?

I'm trying to stop.

Nobodies even mentioned the tons of Support equipment like masks, vests, harnesses, protective gear. I bet most of us have a closet full of misc. paintball crap too. :D

FiXeL
12-16-2006, 08:19 AM
I guess i would be the Collector/Tech whore.. I don't own many guns right now, but still buying mags. (a 68 classic in the mail and negotiating a RT) Been a trader whore for a short while, selling and buying markers in a resonable short time.

Ow and indeed i have also alot of gear! :D

Guns i owned:

A5 (2x)
DM4 (2x)
Orry Cocker (1x)
PT Xtreme (1x)

What i own:

Xmag CNC
Xmag STD
PTP Micromag
ACI Maverick

Soon to own:

68 classic
RT

May not look like much compared to some, but i've only been playing for 1,5 year now. :)

eric_503
12-16-2006, 10:48 AM
have owned:
kingman hammer
piranha usp
a-5 with stock
black maxx
pirate pistol(basicly an old pursuit pistol)
assault 80
dm3
colonial
brass eagle nightmare

own now:
the first mag i bought
an rt pro with emag valve
aim bodied cocker with palmers pnues,dye frame,and deadly wind wisper barrel
half blocked cocker

how it started;)

i bought the dm3 for $150 then traded that for a hyperframe (at the time it was $200) so i made $50 i then traded the hyperframe for the brass eagle nightmare with some extra stuff
i kept the extra stuff and traded that nightmare for an assault 80 (worth about $300) so i made $100 off that trade wise i have now traded the assault 80 for the two cockers not sure on a value yet but i pry made atleast $150 trade wise off it

so in all the trades ive made ive had profit

now the other story on the pirate pistol;)

bought that for $40 polished it replaced one oring and sold it for $200 which in turn i bought an a-5 package for $250 (all internals up'd and a stock and remoteline with it) so it was a good deal i then traded that a-5 for the rt pro with emag valve and intelli frame so once agian nothing but profit there

i traded the colonial to someone for the kingman hammer and usp and didnt make anything (i paid $100 for the colonial and sold the usp and hammer for $100)

this is how you truly whore guns;)

RavishingEddie
12-16-2006, 10:55 AM
have owned:
kingman hammer
piranha usp
a-5 with stock
black maxx
pirate pistol(basicly an old pursuit pistol)
assault 80
dm3
colonial
brass eagle nightmare

own now:
the first mag i bought
an rt pro with emag valve
aim bodied cocker with palmers pnues,dye frame,and deadly wind wisper barrel
half blocked cocker

anything (i paid $100 for the colonial and sold the usp and hammer for $100)

this is how you truly whore guns;)

You are a Super trader whore ;)

geekwarrior
12-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi my name is Tim, and I am a gun whore. (Hiii Tiiiiim)

This year I have bought and sold:

Classic valved mag, made into retro mag, than sold
Ygriped X valved mag sold
F4 Illustrator still have
Red Angel 05 Speed 45 frame sold
Black/blue 05 Speed 90 frame sold
Logic framed xvalved mag sold
Chimera framed xvalved black mag sold
another x-valved logic framed red mag sold
a classic mag sold
Ion stock sold
another classic mag sold
a phantom sold
an 06 Angel GAT (now for sale)
Invert Mini (on its way to me :dance: )
another Ion with freak kit (have to pick it up yet)
and just paid for another phantom 5 min ago

throw in there a dallara body, a devil mag frame, and a bunch of other gear and parts

alot of these were really good deals that i bought and sold for cash. i think I have made about $500 this year buying and selling (thats after paypal and postage)

buzzboy
12-17-2006, 09:01 AM
If you currently own all those, you are a collector, not a whore.

A true gun whore buys or trades guns for profit, or keeps them a short period of time. I have slowed down a lot, but in 2006, I had about 25 guns in my possession. Some I had sold before I got them. Some got played with once, then traded.

All for fun and profit.
Well, not nessassarly. A-Tach-One is most definatly considered a gun whore and from what I have seen he just keeps getting new guns, well Xmags/SFL's, but w/e.

Yeah, though I am actually more of a gun whore by this def then. I have now had 4 guns in 3 years and the first and third were ones that I said I would never get rid of. Well they're gone.

Tippmann Pro/Carbine
04 BKO
Minimag
03 Viking

I know I need a lot more to be a whore but I have had a few. I just now need a job.

Lohman446
12-17-2006, 09:41 AM

I generally buy the "hard to get / oddity at the beginning of the year" (examples include the Minion, Devilmag, 03 Shocker, rebound Shocker (though that one screwed me up with a mid-year release and I umm... bought several), Ion (when it was hard to get), Pneumag, PM5 etc.). Then, when they are commonly available I sell them and take a loss at the end of the year :confused:

When the rebound Shocker first came out I already had one Vision Shocker. I called SP and ordered a rebound a couple days before they were publically released (I had called to order a Nerve board to "fit" in a Shocker). They could get me a complete marker quicker than just the board. Three weeks later I was at a tournament that had announced it was allowing ramping. I had one of very few ramping markers at the field. There was a Shocker sitting on the wall and we had one game before finals that we had to win against a group of old teammates. One of them had been eyeing that Shocker all day, so I walked into the store and bought it, and handed it to one of my teammates that day to keep him from buying it - it was blue. I only shot that marker once, and ended up selling it to the teammate that I had "loaned" it to since new for like $300 or something.

Pneumagger
12-17-2006, 10:13 AM
^^ That was nice :cheers: ^^

I think I'm a tech whore and a bit of a trader whore.

GT
12-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Trader whore This whore trades guns like 12 years olds trade baseball cards. They shoot the gun of their dreams and shortly get bored and shoot the next gun of their dreams. Trader whores will never make up their minds and will wander endlessly on their quest for "The gun".

Tech whore This whore is actually turned on by what makes the gun tick more than anything else. They are fascinated by the different integral mechanisms and gyrations. They are capable of taking apart a new gun before they even shoot it. I do admit that tech whores can come out with cool and weird creations all the time.

So ask your self which one of these or a combination of these are you? ;)

I am a bit of both. I've made a lot of money whoring guns and in the process have owned 100's of mags and other stuff as well. For the most part I would whore other crap out just to buy more AGD and AKA. Everything else sucks. To reirratarte some of the comments above, its much easier to stay in the sub 1k bracket, even better profits below 500. The trick is to buy multiple guns at a time from the same seller. For example I bought 6 mags from one 3 years ago for <100 a piece. I sold one to a buddy, I kept one as a back up to another mag, (who needs a back up for a mag?) and sold the rest for 150 a piece. I made 200 bucks in a few days. Also mutlples of one are great as well. Some people will barter thier soul if you have the right goods.

By far my two favorite whores were an eclipse angel from 99 and a purchase last year of an Emax emag. The eclipse angel I bought on pbn or ebay, cant remember, and did some work to it. It came to me for about 650. It was one of the few guns I should have never sold. I added a glacier board and used max attack (Mac Dev). I resold it for 1600. It came to about 800 bucks in profit. I bought my first mag after this purchase.

The emax I bought last year while working on my master's thesis. I just happened to find this mint, and I mean brand new, emax on ebay. I picked it up on ebay for around 400. I had to send the board to Tune to get one of the button's reglued. I later parted that gun; 375 for lowers, 120 for body, 200 on x valve for a profit of 325.

About 5 years ago I was doing it with cars and paintball guns at the sametime. I had the first hybrid civic built in houston. It was a mint Civic HX with a b18b. Total mods and car came to around 5k, I raced it 4 days a week for two years. I made some great money kicking the piss out of loud mouth v8 owners. I sold the car for 7k. We can all thank Fast and the Furious for screwing up the street racing scene in Houston.

Latly I have been whoring bicycle stuff for pretty nice profits.

Ydna
12-17-2006, 07:43 PM
I fit a little bit into all those categories...lol. Except the newb whore thing...I do buy all the new stuff, but it's more so I can keep on top of things, not so I can be mr.cool.

I collect markers that I want to own for one reason or another, be them interesting or rare or just good performing on the field for when I actually play.

In raw terms of guns, I just broke 41...oops

paintballwannab
12-17-2006, 09:39 PM
ahhh....what did i start =]

i guess i was right when i figured it would be a good conversation. =]

wolf13
12-18-2006, 03:37 PM
I consider myself a collector, though over the years i've gone through plenty. I seldom keep something less then a year unless its a real disappointment, and when its not a disappointment it tends to stay. I currently own right around 50 (I actually sold off a half dozen a while back).

iambored
12-18-2006, 03:43 PM
not much more than a collector, I buy and sell some (160 off of 2 BE's and an old Fenix) I look for the rare old stuff. used to have 5 or so before I sold them for a mag

geekwarrior
12-18-2006, 03:44 PM
add another Angel Gat to my list.... :cry:

mclaggan123
12-19-2006, 10:26 PM
the best gun whore deal i made was trading a ptp micromag with a micro valve and a lvl10 kit with the stock barrel for a tac-one and a $100.

ta2maki
12-23-2006, 04:10 AM
Since I've never sold any of my guns I would be a collector, not really a whore. Although if i had to choose, it would be tech whore and collector whore. Most of the guns that I have aquired, I have taken them apart before I actually shot any paint out of them. I have quite a few guns that I have yet to play with, but still go on ebay to find another gun to buy. Heres my list of guns, all of which I still own.

Dallara mag.
Old rental mag
2 mirror image pistol mags
1 mag in pieces(project in process)
Spyder AMG(still tuning)
Spyder E99(LP project- in process)
Spyder EM1
6 Dragun blowbacks(minigun project- in process)
FSP viking
Assault 80
vm68
Karnivor(broken- in pieces)
Trilogy
sheridan equalizer
PGP stroker
PGP 2k
top tube PG
Sniper
p68-at
kingman hammer
sl-68
traccer
nelson 007
splatmaster
BE nightmare
tippman c3

I'm currently trying to get a couple markers to add to this list. I just can't help it, it's an addiction.

Oh yeah, I've paid too much on a few of them.

Caboose
12-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Spyder TL Plus (sold for $75)
2001 r/f cocker (still have)
Freeflow E-lotus (paid $200 for it, traded for...)
E2 Trilogy + 200$ (traded for...)
Z-Timmy (traded for...)
Zero-B Mini Orracle (Traded for...)
Phantom package (Traded for...)
Random mag + $300 (forgot the name... still have)
E2 top-of-the-line Black Magic halfie (bought for 500, upgrades were free, traded for...)
My Strawberry fade xmag (selling for one grand, profit of $500+)
DM6 (NEVER EVER SELLING. Bought from sponsor, I <3 this gun)
2002 vert feed cocker (mom's gun, selling soon, paid $50 for it)
1990 r/f cocker (selling soon... Traded a 3+4 WGP harness for the 1990 and system x cockers)
Lotus pump (traded 2 UL barrels for the body of my previous lotus, added ans quickfire 45, ccm pump kit, more goodies. Never trading unless I get a good offer)
System X Vengeance cocker (transformed to sniper, sold the body and kept the other parts, traded for JT team pants)

If you add it all up, I've made a little over a thousand dollars in pure profit. Also, the guns in bold... I got for free.

Grey Goose
12-26-2006, 08:28 PM
I used to have a picture of 11 e-mags that i had... but i was a tech-trader-whore :)

zipity_Bop
12-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm to poor to be a gun whore :(

Ken Majors
12-26-2006, 08:59 PM
I think for a while there I was the "whore in search of the perfect gun".
Much like the whore who is only paying her way through school. :rolleyes:

I started out with a 98 Custom after being out of the sport for many years.
Then I bought another, and then another...and began customizing them looking for the perfect setup.
So...then I traded a few, sold a couple, and settled on a nice 98 flatline/RT combo with all the milsim bells and whistles.
Then comes the A-5....same sort of deal.
Then I found an old 68 special....pining for my youth I picked it up. Still have it.

Then at some event somewhere, I shot someones Shocker. I was completely taken with the effortless ability to spew volumes of paint. Then I shot a DM4...with some sort of board that caused the paint to fly out at an alarming rate.
I bought a PM5, tricked it out, HaloB with Vboard...all that jazz....and I spent a fortune in paint.
Then a friend of mine bought a Mag. I loved the way it felt to shoot it and I had more self control over the pounds of paint that I shot.
Bought the Tac-One. ULT'd it, Luke did some magic to it.
Then I had the opportunity to trade the PM5 for an EMag. Once I had that in my possession, I have held no other marker. The lust is gone.
I created an ETac and used the left over parts to make a damn fine Mech mag that is beautiful.
My whoring days are over. Apparently the education is paid for....finally. :shooting:

(although those Invert Mini's are damn sexy. :cool:

GT
12-26-2006, 09:03 PM
I used to have a picture of 11 e-mags that i had... but i was a tech-trader-whore :)

Long time no see.

Grey Goose
12-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Long time no see.

Hi :) Long time no paintball. 2 kids tend to cut out the free time =/

Last time I was out, pb seemed to be on the decline in H-town... what's up with that?

Pneumagger
12-27-2006, 05:51 PM
I've spent $1600 to date total ending up with a Classic Mag ($200 new), Micro Phantom ($200 new), Pneumatic RPG Automag ($600 new), and FSP Viking ($800 street) so I'd say that all my gun whoring has broken out even. Plus, considering that I dropped about $600 of that total cost into milling and anodizeindg for guns along the way and it makes the actual marker cost only about $1000 :)

Here's the progression of marker owner ship for me. It goes in order of what markers I owned at a given time and the cost is in parentheses. Just assume that when markers dissappears, they were traded for the following markers.

Kingman Hammer II
Kingman Hammer II + BE Blade II
------(6 year break)------
Spyder Shutter
68 Automag Classic
Xvalve'd Powerfeed Automag
Xvalve'd Powerfeed Automag and Dragunfire LCD
------(2 year break)------
Pneumatic Automag (made from Xvalve'd mag)
Pneumatic Mag + Micromag
Pneumatic Mag + Fully Upped ION
Built Aug. MOTM Pneumag (Black Widow)
Black Widow Pneumag + Custom ULE Emag
Black Widow Pneumag + Custom ULE Emag + Kingman Hammer II
Black Widow Pneumag + Custom ULE Emag + Beater Phantom
Black Widow Pneumag + Classic Automag + '03 Viking
Black Widow Pneumag + Classic Automag + '03 Viking + Micro Phantom
Black Widow Pneumag + Classic Automag + '03 Viking + Micro Phantom + '04 Viking
Copper Karta Emag + Classic Automag + Micro Phantom + '03 FSP'd Viking
Classic Automag + Micro Phantom + '03 FSP Viking + '07 RPG Paradigm (pneumatic) <---- At Present

Total # of ownership combination throughout ---------------------18 combinations
Total # of different markers owned --------------------------------21 markers
Marker per year ratio (10 years) -----------------------------------2.1 markers/year
Etsimated final value ------------------------------------------------$1600
Annual marker budget avg------------------------------------------$160/year
Becoming an avid tech whore----------------------------------------PRICELESS

RRfireblade
12-27-2006, 05:58 PM
It's not whoring if you use them , this was last Pump day ( few semis thrown in for good measure) :

http://premium1.uploadit.org/rrfireblade//PlayDay-003.jpg

Pneumagger
12-27-2006, 06:08 PM
but I've only used 11 of the 21 markers in actual games. And only fired 17 of the 21.
The rest were either sold off for a quick profit or just never used.

At this point I'm very confident I'll be holding onto the the Viking and RPG mag for a long time. I've been eyeing pumpmags and VSC phantoms for a while... and I'll never have to use the 68 Classic with a mag/vike combo as my primary.

/God I'm such a whore. :rolleyes:

Pneumagger
12-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Although I have a leg up on all you whores....

My fiance's mom is an executive at FedEx Logistics. She ships my packages for $3 ground shipping anywhere irregaurdless of size/wieght .
That means I can ship up to 75lbs of crap for $3. :p

If you think a marker is about $15 to ship and you ship 10 of them that $150 you'd pay and $30 I pay. :headbang:

Caboose
12-27-2006, 06:17 PM
I always use flat rate shipping... it's just so much easier. Priority flat rate = 8$ and gets there in 2-3 days. Best and cheapest way to do it.

etjoyride
12-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Hey Jay, i didn't know you used matrixes???

And Joe, I HATE YOU :mad:
;)

RRfireblade
12-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey Jay, i didn't know you used matrixes???

;)

Gun of choice , and sponsership usually.

Grey Goose
12-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Sigh. Someone just used that wannabe word "irregardless".

IRREGARDLESS IS NOT A WORD!

That being said, nice E-Mag Micro.

Dubstar112
12-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Welcome back goose.

Im the least gun whorish of anyone on here.

etjoyride
12-29-2006, 01:37 AM
wow, now i feel stupid. I thought mags and pumps were your markers of choice, maybe it's jsut because you have WAY TO MANY!!! :p... I'll take some of those markers off your hand if you ever get bored with them.

Oh, and add 1 to my list. All custom DM5 (and possibly a SC sniper within the next few days as well)

zazzoo
12-29-2006, 06:50 AM
It's not whoring if you use them , this was last Pump day ( few semis thrown in for good measure) :

http://premium1.uploadit.org/rrfireblade//PlayDay-003.jpg
wow nice collection. Im digging that emag