PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long while and now I need help with a diagnoses...

Guapo
12-17-2006, 01:23 AM
I've been using these markers since Level 5 and I once knew all there was to know about an Automag. Sadly, I've been out of the sport for a few years and I'm now starting to get things back together for a game at the end of the month.

I oiled up my minimag and fired a few shots through it. When I started to shoot some paint, however, I started getting no air flow.

I took it apart and my valve seat was RED! I've never seen that before. I changed it out. I also changed out the o-rings in my on/off assembly and put a new spring on the bolt. The marker seems to fire okay only if I'm 100% consistent with my pull. When I don't get the exact pull, that's when things get weird. The bolt will stick and/or I'll get minimal air flow through it and it takes a couple of second to get it unstuck.

My mini is a Level 7. I've got some spacers in the power tube. I didn't mess with the regulator.

Well what do you think? Is it hopeless?

LegumeOfTerror
12-17-2006, 10:54 AM
thry changing the power tube orings.

athomas
12-18-2006, 10:28 AM
You may need a longer powertube spacer. It will help solve some short stroking issues.

Guapo
12-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Sounds easy enough. I'll give that a try and report back.

Guapo
12-18-2006, 07:06 PM
I added the purple spacer, which is the longest in the package I have. It starts off shooting fine, but when I short stroked it something odd happened. I'm getting air shooting out the end of the barrel. I'm also getting air through it and when I hold the trigger down, I'm still getting air through it.

It's acting like it got some liquid CO2 in there, but I know that can't be right because I'm using my compressed air tank. Another odd thing is my air tank is cold. It usually gets rather warm when I'm rapid firing. Now I'm starting to wonder what the shop put in my tank!

Anyone else have any suggestions?

d4m4don3
12-18-2006, 07:21 PM
I added the purple spacer, which is the longest in the package I have. It starts off shooting fine, but when I short stroked it something odd happened. I'm getting air shooting out the end of the barrel. I'm also getting air through it and when I hold the trigger down, I'm still getting air through it.

It's acting like it got some liquid CO2 in there, but I know that can't be right because I'm using my compressed air tank. Another odd thing is my air tank is cold. It usually gets rather warm when I'm rapid firing. Now I'm starting to wonder what the shop put in my tank!

Try replacing the bolt spring. Had that happen to mine.

Guapo
12-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Well I already replaced the bolt spring. Maybe I should just buy a complete maintenance kit and replace everything.

spike_ball999
12-18-2006, 09:53 PM

Sounds like an on/off issue. Have you tried replacing the top teflon ring?

And the tank thing sounds really odd.

athomas
12-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Tanks can get cold when you shoot a lot, even HPA. They heat when you fill them and cool when you empty them.

If the valve leaks out the powertube when you hold the trigger in, then you have a bad oring in the top of the on-off area. Are the parts you put in fresh AGD genuine parts? It could be a piece of dirt.

Guapo
12-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Tanks can get cold when you shoot a lot, even HPA. They heat when you fill them and cool when you empty them.

If the valve leaks out the powertube when you hold the trigger in, then you have a bad oring in the top of the on-off area. Are the parts you put in fresh AGD genuine parts? It could be a piece of dirt.

They're genuine AGD parts, but as far as how fresh they are... well, they're probably 8-10 years old. They were sealed in a bag though and they look pretty good. I'll give the teflon o-ring a swap. Thanks for the info on the HPA tank. Would you also suggest going back to the stock spring in the power tube or leaving the spacer in?

athomas
12-20-2006, 06:47 AM
Get the on-off orings fixed first. Then use the longest powertube spacer that you can that does not have a leak out the front while the gun is at rest. It will give you better performance than the generic spring but is more temperamental and requires periodic maintenance (ie; as the sear wears, you need to use a shorter spacer).

Guapo
12-21-2006, 06:54 PM
I ordered a whole new replacement part kit from AGD. I'm just going to throw some love into all the o-rings and hope this'll do it.

dave p
12-21-2006, 08:10 PM
naught for nothing,
colored power tube spacers are not agd parts and the tolerances are not alway precise. agd power tube spacers are brass, not aluminum. .215, .220 and .225 are the most common with .220 being the most common out of those.