PDA

View Full Version : Twin Turbo Ford GT

teufelhunden
12-17-2006, 11:09 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3573124479659719523&q=gt+twin+turbo

damn.

Dubstar112
12-17-2006, 12:30 PM
I love how at the end he talks about ordering a bigger motor to beeat a turbo busa. Money is no object to these people and its sickening. Id drive it :)

It still hasnt registered to me what 700ft lbs would feel like. omg omg amazing.

Steelrat
12-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Real cool until he started flying around on normal roads. Idiots like this get innocent people killed. Keep this kind of crap on the track.

Cow hunter
12-17-2006, 01:00 PM
the vid wouldnt load for me, but i think this was in C&D a few months back, the guy that does twin turbos on lambos and GT's. they talked about the lambo bieng hard to drive because it would continually lose grip on all four wheels if you tried to nail it

teufelhunden
12-17-2006, 02:30 PM
I love how at the end he talks about ordering a bigger motor to beeat a turbo busa. Money is no object to these people and its sickening. Id drive it :)

Haha yeah, I actually found this video on my sportbike forum, they enjoyed that last part too ;)

tbizzle0
12-17-2006, 04:00 PM
wow, i'm kinda surprised he cant pull a turbo'd busa. i have friends with 700 rwhp cobras that walk mildly-modded 1000's on the freeway. i woulda thought his top end woulda beat a 1300

Dubstar112
12-17-2006, 04:35 PM
If a car ever beats a bike, its because the car has way more time invested tuning than the bike. Take that kinda money and put it into the bike.!!!! You'd crap yourself. Bigger motor, twin turbos yada yada ya. On the track Im positive that a tuned liter class bike would still lay the smack down. You cant go fast on the straight unless you can get outta the corner! Somone should set up a time attack event with that car and a 1000rr or something.

I definatley agree with the bullcrap of street racing. That kinda power especially belongs on the track.

teufelhunden
12-17-2006, 06:37 PM
If a car ever beats a bike, its because the car has way more time invested tuning than the bike. Take that kinda money and put it into the bike.!!!! You'd crap yourself. Bigger motor, twin turbos yada yada ya. On the track Im positive that a tuned liter class bike would still lay the smack down. You cant go fast on the straight unless you can get outta the corner! Somone should set up a time attack event with that car and a 1000rr or something.

I definatley agree with the bullcrap of street racing. That kinda power especially belongs on the track.

Bikes will usually win off the line and through the twisties... but if you're just going straight I'd bet on the car most every time [provided it isn't a 94 Grand Voyager ;)]

BeaverEater
12-17-2006, 10:53 PM
well considering most 600cc rockets are 10 sec bikes right off the factory, but some mods on that and the car will never touch it. It just depends on how big of balls the rider has :D

trevorjk
12-18-2006, 03:47 AM
even if he has 1300 horsepower he has to remember hes has 3400 pounds to slow him down and 4 wheels to cause friction. dont get me wrong his car is super nice and id take it anyday ;)

but a turbo busa... sick

around 20 seconds to reach 220 mph

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L0aK-yIKvv0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L0aK-yIKvv0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Dubstar112
12-18-2006, 04:06 AM
Im all over the turbo'd bikes, but I do have a certain disgust for Hayabusa's. They're just not a superbike. Although in the realm of balls out power wars, the longer more stable chassis is an obvious choice and let me just say that I wouldnt mind riding one myself :).

This guy doesnt plan to slow his ambition for power until he beats a modded rocket. He comes off as very ignorant.

tool
12-18-2006, 08:13 AM
That car is insane. Latest info on the car that the new GT42R's are on the car. New numbers are 1320rwhp and torque is in the 1000's too. Apparently the MAF is pegging out and the boost controller is maxed at 30 lbs. Once all that is fixed its gonna be unreal.

Draken
12-18-2006, 10:22 AM
After watching the first few seconds on the track it showed me this guy is flat out stupid...

These cars are VERY bad about the back end coming loose anyway, toss this much power at an unstable platform, and you have someone who is going to go out and kill himself, we can only hope he doesn't take anyone else with him when it happens...hell, he couldn't even drive it in a straight line

Thordic
12-18-2006, 11:07 AM
The owner wasn't the guy driving it at the track, the guy driving it at the track was the guy from the shop who is doing all the mods.

And in the video he mentions that the tires they have on it aren't sufficient for what they are doing and they are looking into better tires.

I agree with the street racing though. Watching 120hp civics race on the highway is bad enough. A 1000+ hp monster is just asking for a massive accident.

A 10Bando
12-18-2006, 11:51 PM
bikes are way faster. Ok a 1000cc GXR can hit 60 in about 2 seconds add nitrus or a turbo and there is no way a car is that fast.

geekwarrior
12-19-2006, 12:16 AM
and the winner is

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9O172C9PXm4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9O172C9PXm4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Dubstar112
12-19-2006, 01:45 AM
yeah. The indy car has the power to weight won on that... plus more gears higher revving motor and not being a production vehicle in any means. But thats what it takes to beat a bike by hardly a half second. The bike wasnt turbo, but if it was the car wouldnt be close assuming it keeps the front end down. In that case the indy car i believe would still kick the crap outta that souped up gt!!!?

The boat makes me giggle.

FactsOfLife
12-19-2006, 07:15 AM
throw some bars and a 10 inch on the bike, and car = 1st to lose.

Pneumagger
12-19-2006, 11:36 AM
That indy car is far superior to the other two... sorry.

You gotta remember, the first gear of an indy car is geared for something like 100+ mph. They are freaking slow off the line - hence they start their races moving and they usually get push starts. Watch later in the video (around 1:20) when the indy car shifts into second and blows past everything like it's standing still. Not to mention, if I was driving and had to maneuver anything moving that fast, you can bet your buns I'd want to be in the formula car - cause the bike and boat handle like crap at excessive speeds when the indy could probably pull a 150mph U-turn.

You realize that active suspensions, ground effect aerodynamics, nitrous oxide, and turbochargers are illegal in formula 1 racing too? Add those to an F1 car and then put something up against it. Total pwnage.

Comparing the best drag bikes to a Formula 1 racer, although both formidable, isn't a fair fight anyways.
How about you compare the best drag bikes to the best Drag Racers :rolleyes:
Even then I guess the Bike can be driven on the street - but still, the statement that "a bike is faster than a car" if false.

When a motorcyle hits 330mph in 4.4 seconds, drop me a PM.

Dubstar112
12-19-2006, 02:54 PM
What I was getting at is the car is designed for one purpose only. The bike is production based. The car is the farthest from that. I think just the time spent on such a project makes it superior. Indy/forumula cars typically have unlimited budgets allowing for some crazy technology standards... stuff I couldnt dream of. Thats what makes the car superior.

It is what it is, the bike is made for road course, not drag racing. Same with the car. And until I see a time slip from that ford gt showing it can make a competent drag pass, Ill assume that a modded bike would beat it any day.(original discussion)

This is probably more of an apples to oranges discussion but. ya know. AO.org. Apples to Oranges :)

Um.. it wasnt long ago when turbo charging was allowed in formula racing btw. The rules are lowering effective hp numbers, yet the cars still set record lap times.

I will agree that formula cars do out perform everything on the roadcourse. I did a little formula research just to see the numbers and yeah... they are insane. The whole time in the back of my head I guess i was trying to argue cost vs speed and in that world i believed a bike would win.. irrelevant but atleast i will admit that i wasnt thinkin right.

Carbon
12-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Its Still A Ford! :D

billybob_81067
12-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Its Still A Ford! :D

And therefore is made of win!

:)

Carbon
12-20-2006, 12:14 PM
first
on
race
day

in the states.

but generaly

found
on the
road
deead

Thordic
12-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Fix Or Repair Daily?

/drives one.
//its very true.

BeaverEater
12-20-2006, 12:23 PM
that indy car is about half a million dollars while the bike is 10k, 20k at most. Stick the same amount of money into that bike and the bike will win. Sad thing about the Ford GT is you can get the same numbers from a LS1 camero for a fraction of the cost.

teufelhunden
12-20-2006, 01:51 PM
that indy car is about half a million dollars while the bike is 10k, 20k at most. Stick the same amount of money into that bike and the bike will win. Sad thing about the Ford GT is you can get the same numbers from a LS1 camero for a fraction of the cost.

F1 car costs WELL MORE than 500k.

warbeak2099
12-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Imports FTW.

/hates domestics

Pneumagger
12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
import is a relative term

geekwarrior
12-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Imports FTW.

/hates domestics

this type of import?

http://www.stefanopasini.it/images/Lamborghini%20Gallardo.jpg

Pneumagger
12-20-2006, 02:35 PM
You know... somewhere, that (and every car) is a domestic.

----------------
import is a relative term.