PDA

View Full Version : I just want to know if my mag is any "good"

hopped
12-17-2006, 07:40 PM
No pics since my wife has the camera but here are the specs....

ULE centerfeed body
Benchmark double trigger frame
Old 68 Automag Valve
Foamie Bolt
14" cp one piece barrel

I just went out this weekend for the first time in probably 7 years and some of those markers were intimidating.... Anyway let me know!

thanks,
Jonathan

maxama10
12-17-2006, 08:25 PM
No pics since my wife has the camera but here are the specs....

ULE centerfeed body=great
Benchmark double trigger frame=so.so
Old 68 Automag Valve=good,better off with xvalve or RT valve
Foamie Bolt=?you mean lvl 10? if so then excellent
14" cp one piece barrel=good

I just went out this weekend for the first time in probably 7 years and some of those markers were intimidating.... Anyway let me know!

thanks,
Jonathan

Are you going for accuracy or speed. That setup you have should give you excellent accuracy, not so fast though.
With a few minor upgrades that 7yr old + marker could compete with most anything.

Try the search function

Edit: make sure to look at the quoted section and also depends on your hopper speed.

jenarelJAM
12-17-2006, 10:12 PM

Intimidating? Because they shot fast?
I've been going faster and faster for awhile, and I've started to want to slow things down a bit myself. I'm thinking of starting pump. There will always be those fast guns on the field. You just have to remember that they can only be shooting in one place at a time. You have two edges to your bunker. Maybe try to shoot offhand. It's hard at first, but after awhile, it's just as easy. On overcrowded games, maybe find a nice safe spot off the break, and let everyone shoot each other for awhile. Once numbers dwindle, you can get back in the action and there will be less paint in the air to deal with. After 7 years, you may be just a little rusty. I'd get some good pads, and try to be as aggressive as possible for a little while. Try to take the 50 off the break sometimes (I'm assuming this is rec...) in small games. You can only get better if you try new things, and the players with the "high-end" markers aren't neccessarily the best, just the ones with the most disposable income.

Edit: And to address your marker. I wouldn't worry about being outclassed because of your marker. You have a pretty solid piece of equipment there. You should be fine on consistancy, maintenance, durability, etc. The only thing you're lacking is trigger speed, and it's only a problem if you make it one.

Triangle
12-17-2006, 10:31 PM
You mag will only be as good as you are.
If you keep it maintained, clean and lubed up, you'll be fine.
When you pull the trigger, the gun will operate and shoot a single ball.
Where the ball goes, is up to you.

PumpMag
12-18-2006, 03:13 AM
Best thing to do is team up. Find other players that will work with you and communicate.

2 or 3 of you always have a better chance of eliminating one fast electro.

I was out also for a couple years, stumbled back into the game finding out that everything went electronic. I upgraded my Automag with an aftermarket electronic grip and a faster loader.

Eventually I discovered pump tourneys. Now when I play walk on games, I play more pump than semi. If there are too many electros on the other side, I just make sure I have teammates to work with. :shooting:

PumpMag
12-18-2006, 03:18 AM
To answer your question "is it any good" just check out the other threads and pics here on this forum. You'll see the most tricked out versions and modifications possible for your "old" marker.......

Pneumagger
12-18-2006, 08:18 AM
It's really not the marker. If that marker is consistent, shoots straight, and you are comfortable with it... then it's good.

Nothing anybody else carries out to the field should influence what you carry onto the field or what you feel comfortable with. Sure, you may feel outgunned - but if firepower decided wins then the games would be played in the staging area. A few of us Ohio AOers go out with pumps on the airball field and hold our own just fine.

Remember... hits score eliminations. Get comfortable with your setup and become a good snap shooter. If you will feel more comfortable with a faaster gun, then by all means buy one. However, the gun you are most comfortable with will be your good gun.

There is no "best gun" for everyone.

turbo chicken
12-18-2006, 08:49 AM
I think you've got an awesome setup!!!! :headbang: I prefer to spend more money on playing!!! If you can afford to buy all the newfangled doohickey's and still play then by all means go for it.

Look into an electronic frame or pneu conversion if the speed will make you feel more confident.

I'm usually more afraid of the guy with the mech mag and faded camo's than the youngster with electro...

p.s. i went back to pump this year (when i started paintball i played with an eagle talon for 2 years... always been on a micro budget) I feel more comfortable and actually do better with my PGP.

nate2k191
12-18-2006, 11:21 AM
any mag is good. it just depends what style of play you want to use it for.

hopped
12-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks all IU really appreciate the feedback. I guess I need to try a few new things, Im not exactly as fast as I used to be so mayeb I should hang back and wait it out a little instead of trying to charge. I was thinking of getting a pump just to teach myself patience and accuracy again. Anyhow again I thank you all for the input it was a big confidence booster! Oh and this weekend out of 4 games 15vs15 I took out about 12 people total so I dont think I did so bad for my first time back out on the field.

Triangle
12-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks all IU really appreciate the feedback. I guess I need to try a few new things, Im not exactly as fast as I used to be so mayeb I should hang back and wait it out a little instead of trying to charge. I was thinking of getting a pump just to teach myself patience and accuracy again. Anyhow again I thank you all for the input it was a big confidence booster! Oh and this weekend out of 4 games 15vs15 I took out about 12 people total so I dont think I did so bad for my first time back out on the field.

You really don't 'need' anything. Your mag is fine as it is, unless you WANT to throw stuff on there. (Which is a fun thing to do)

hopped
12-18-2006, 03:35 PM
I have a halo b and a nice little drop forward on there. It shoots nicely I think I need to get some better paint though. Out of a 200 round hopper I was breaking like 4-5 balls at least with this rec sport stuff.... guess I need some paint with a thicker skin. Although ended up using the curve to my advantage..... I actually nailed a guy around a spool due to the curve, it was funny as hell :)