PDA

View Full Version : Very Quick Question

Ir0nExpress
12-17-2006, 09:50 PM
An minimag valve will not work with a ULT kit at all, but can you modifiy it so it does?

Thanks

Triangle
12-17-2006, 10:05 PM
First of all, this is a thread dedicated to the installation, tuning and operation of the Ultra Light Trigger (ULT) for AGD products. This can be purchased at www.store.airgun.com

This on/off assembly will fit and is recommended for the following:

X-Valves
Aluminum RT-Pro Valves

This on/off assembly can fit but is NOT recommended for the following:

E-Mags w/ double o-ring top
Micro E-Mags
MiniMag AIR Valves
68Automag Valves
Classic Automag Valves
HyperMags
SmartMags

This on/off assembly will NOT fit the following:

Stainless Steel RT-Pro Valves
Retro Valves
E-Mags w/ single o-ring top
Original RTs w/ Banjo Bolt valve

The Classic AIR valve has always and will always be a double o-ring valve and will accept the ULT, but it is not recommended for use in the this valve. It does not recharge fast enough and thus it is too easy to short stroke.

Unless something has changed that I'm unaware of, the Minimag valve you've got will accept the ULT.

gus13
12-17-2006, 10:07 PM
yeah, it'll work, but you'll need to put a lot of spacers in to make it work right,lvlX spacers work good for the xtras you'll need. :D

Ir0nExpress
12-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Alright thanks!

But why is it not recommended? Does it wear out the parts faster?

VVVV God I feel stupid, I need to take reading lessons or something.

Triangle
12-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Alright thanks!

But why is it not recommended? Does it wear out the parts faster?

The Classic AIR valve has always and will always be a double o-ring valve and will accept the ULT, but it is not recommended for use in the this valve. It does not recharge fast enough and thus it is too easy to short stroke.
I used a ULT kit in my classic mag for a while, so long as you can learn to shoot it, you'll be fine.
Results may vary.

gus13
12-18-2006, 01:05 PM
yeah but even in the X valve I noticed how easy it is to short stroke it too. another problem I ran into is that it seems like air doesn't want to feed the valve, now I'm betting its one of two things;
1) wrong LvlX spacer (when I set up the x it was really cold out and when I plaued last it was in the 50's)
2)not enough air pressure, I use a Kingman 72/4500, with a 3A reg, although I do Not know the total output pressure I have noticed problems with the X in relation to this tank.
(I am holding out to get a 68/4500 Legionnaire in HP.)
I'm just saying that even in the Xvalve it is easy to short stroke until you learn how to work with the lighter trigger.

robnix
12-18-2006, 01:38 PM
An minimag valve will not work with a ULT kit at all, but can you modifiy it so it does?

Thanks

If you're looking to lighten the trigger pull, try an RT/Pro on/off instead. It's much easier to get working.

Triangle
12-18-2006, 02:26 PM
yeah but even in the X valve I noticed how easy it is to short stroke it too.

This is because you need to RE LEARN the trigger.
When Tom/AGD was designing the kit, the biggest thing he pushed was learning to shoot the trigger again.

So to recap, fanning or walking causes short strokes UNLESS you learn to shoot the trigger right. Some people can others can't.

This was found in the resources section found above.

gus13
12-19-2006, 01:01 PM
This is because you need to RE LEARN the trigger.
yes, I know,

I'm just saying that even in the Xvalve it is easy to short stroke until you learn how to work with the lighter trigger
See? :p and your also right Tom Kaye did really push "re-learning" the trigger after the ULT mod. Have you tried Luke's SEAR mod? from what I've read on that, it helps stopp the short stroking but adds a little more wieght to the trigger, (ULT recommended for this mod) I was thinking about getting this and try it out, see how it works.