PDA

View Full Version : Invert Mini

SpitFire1299
12-18-2006, 05:56 PM
I was at some tryouts for a team, and some guys had invert mini's. I asked about them, shot it, and saw the internals. It is a very nice gun, very unique design. They never had any problems with them, or chopped.. etc. The only down side is that it has a little bit of kick, but its mainly because of its super-small size.

I know many have been asking about them, and i figured i would give a small review.

geekwarrior
12-18-2006, 05:58 PM
dm4 already has his :mad:

about 5-6 people on here have them on preorder to :shooting:

suprised you said it had kick, most people are saying no noticable kick.

Piranti
12-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Coworker and friend bought one, wanker brings it in to work to lord it over me because mine wont be here til tuesday or wednesday.

My only fault with it atm is my WWA justice barrel won't fit 9yes its cocker threaded and fits my mags fine).

d4m4don3
12-18-2006, 06:07 PM
dm4 already has his

about 5-6 people on here have them on preorder to

suprised you said it had kick, most people are saying no noticable kick.
You'll get yours no reason to get mad. I bugged my local store about this the day I played with this guy at commanders cup. :cheers:

I was at some tryouts for a team, and some guys had invert mini's. I asked about them, shot it, and saw the internals. It is a very nice gun, very unique design. They never had any problems with them, or chopped.. etc. The only down side is that it has a little bit of kick, but its mainly because of its super-small size.

I know many have been asking about them, and i figured i would give a small review.
Kicks not really that much. If you actually ramp I did notice that the marker kicks slightly, if you have a tank cover that grabs on to your shirt/shoulder or a jersey that grabs/sticks to the tank then you won't notice much. Balance issues imho, once the drop forwards come out there'll be less complaints. Cause the marker can be back heavy depending on your setup.

Coworker and friend bought one, wanker brings it in to work to lord it over me because mine wont be here til tuesday or wednesday.

My only fault with it atm is my WWA justice barrel won't fit 9yes its cocker threaded and fits my mags fine).
You're gonna have to talk to whitewolf, gonna have to send the barrel back dude. :bounce:

punkncat
12-18-2006, 06:35 PM
My local shop got one of the first 15 preorders shipped and has 3 more coming this week, supposedly. All are already sold. :(

His review was that it was super BA...but of course he is a shop and gets paid to SELL things. I am very interested, but am going to wait until into next year to aquire one. See if all the bugs are worked out and how they perform in the real world.

Given who designed it I have few doubts.

spectre184
12-18-2006, 06:58 PM
I think you will be seeing quite a few at the fields next year. Played this past Sunday and guy had one. He let other people play with it and they all liked it.

He took it apart and it's very innovative on design. Biggest complaint is no drop forward but I bet you will see some made in future using o-rings to seal like they did for volume chamber in grip.

d4m4don3
12-18-2006, 07:30 PM
For those of you that bought a Pulse.
The mini feedneck is too long so the hopper ends up getting clamped down but you can see the slit on feedneck isn't being covered so if you get hit from the side prepare to clean the breach. That or cover up that slit with a piece of tape.
hehe
Another minor non-issue.
Draxxus made sure the feedneck was pretty short on the pulse. An uncut halo or velocity feedneck is fine though.

Easily fixed since this guy has ICD Threaded feednecks.

manike
12-19-2006, 04:48 PM
If the guy's gun had kick it sounds like the pressure may be a little high. Next time you see him suggest he back out the velocity adjuster a little and turn the main pressure down a little. I recommend running the gun on 180-190psi.

That should reduce the kick, and he will love you forever. :D

Cameo
12-21-2006, 01:18 AM
still waiting on mine.... waiting, waiting, waiting,....waiting, waiting, sigh....

wait need more info on the pulse.. was looking into it (brother showed me). Will it work with a q lock or am I in over my head?

waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting :( :sleeping:

Simon, any other suggestions??

ps: I know patience is a virtue.

Outlaw5
12-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Hello all!! My brother in-law just picked up a black Mini this Monday....it was by complete accident...goes into a store he normally doesn't to look for a used Speedline Barrel(autococker) for when he orders his Mini and the store has the Mini on the wall!!

He and I have shot it and completely disassembled the marker for cleaning. The videos on youtube are excellent and will give you a great understanding of the marker. When he and I completely disassembled the marker, to include the board in the body that has the hardwired eyes, we relized that a small magnet was loose around the trigger. I figured out how this magnet triggers the Hall effect sensor on the board in the body, It is polarized and must go back on the front grub screw in order to trip the sensor. Got it working like a charm!

I'll say this about the design and the marker; I have loved the simplicity and reliability of Mags by AGD.....this marker reminds me of the simplicity of a MAG, I believe the marker will be very reliable over time as the design is simplicity itself and I know this will be my next marker in my stable (I have an X-MAG), that is how impressed I am with the design, ease of operation, disassembly and assembly and the intangibles; an amazing case with all the allen wrenches, o-rings needed and two additional rebuildable detents with a small jar of Dow 33 to get you started.

For those looking for a new marker, I can highly recommend the mini for all the above and the size. My friend has a 45/4500 and a pulse on his....I would like a 68/4500 for the length of the tank but heck.....I like a stock on my markers! His is perfetly balanced so I guess a 68/4500 might be barely back heavy.

Thanks and My $.02

Outlaw5

mag_lover05
12-21-2006, 08:17 PM
well i was gona buy something else with my xmas money....not anymore i guess.

electriceel125
12-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Im waiting and waiting for mine. I preordered mine a long while ago and i am expecting it soon. IM DIEING FOR MY NEW TOY!

CrimsonGhost
12-22-2006, 03:03 PM

Bummer. I would be PISSED if that was the case with my WWA barrels.
Lucky for me I have a few ;)
Then again..I had issues with My DYE barrel not fitting my DM3 at one point.
Barrel makers CANT know what ALL markers are going to do with the breach.

hehe.
I saw one of these little beasts about a week ago.
If they are ALL they are claiming to be ...it is going to be a SLAYER.

Being compared to a mag ?
Damn BOLD statement.
I hope its true :cheers:

REDRT
12-22-2006, 03:50 PM
I guess there has been some through the store since I've been there. I haven't seen one other than a video. I just handled an Angel 1. I'd have to think if I was to be running off to play world cup and things like that I'd most likely be looking to use something like that honestly. It feels magish in my hands. The ability to pick up something new, but yet familar and do well with it means alot.

Did you make the team SpitFire1299?

rmg
12-23-2006, 12:43 AM
I just got my Mini this evening at the field where I usually play. The owner brought it out for me. I started playing with the E-Mag for a couple of games, I was "going" to take it home and read up on it, but everybody wanted to see it shoot. I put it together, got it chronoed
and played 1 game, I let my boy shoot it the rest of the night. I know he likes it.
I think I like it.
Definately different than the E-Mag, I'm guessing about 1/3 the weight.
Mini set up was a 45/4500 Nitro Duck, with the adjustable reg set to max (little over 850)
and a Pulse hopper. I thought if I was buying a new gun, might as well do the hopper too.

Manike, if you would drop me an e-mail, I'd appreciate it.

I think you will soon be seeing alot more of these on the fields. :)

etjoyride
12-23-2006, 01:02 AM
how do you attach an adj. reg tot he mini if it has a built in asa?

Ken Majors
12-23-2006, 01:14 AM
I would almost bet that he was using the Nitroduck Xstream screw in adjustable.

fullofpaint
12-23-2006, 02:00 PM
anyone heard what effciency is on it yet? My friend got his but neither of us have air to check it

indecisive
12-23-2006, 02:49 PM
only quote that I've seen so far has been 1200@295fps and 1400@275fps from a 68/4500, those are pretty rough figures though.

rmg
12-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Ken, that is correct, my tank has the X-Stream reg, couldn't think of the name of it last night.
The book recomends a low pressure tank, so next time out, I'll turn it down.
As far as efficiency, time will tell, but at this point I think it should be pretty good. How good it is I can't tell yet. I would want to wait till the reg is broke in, before I'd check it.
I did pick up a on/off tank adapter, it puts the tank further back, and gives the gun a better balance, at least for me anyway.

fullofpaint
12-23-2006, 05:49 PM
ok I saw it today and shot it, I've shot just about all the top end markers and my main gun is a DM6, I honestly think I'd sell my DM6 for this, it's lighter than anything I've ever seen and it feels and looks VERY nice. May be picking on up after christmas depending on financial situation.

Big Props to Manike on this :clap: :clap: :clap:

rmg
12-24-2006, 09:57 AM
I forgot to metion the packaging. In addition to the nice hard case, it comes with a little kit, containing some grease, an extra pair of detents, what looks like a complete set of O rings, a set of replacement screws, and all the allen wrenches you need.
Very nice.

Cameo
01-02-2007, 10:49 PM
ok I saw it today and shot it, I've shot just about all the top end markers and my main gun is a DM6, I honestly think I'd sell my DM6 for this, it's lighter than anything I've ever seen and it feels and looks VERY nice. May be picking on up after christmas depending on financial situation.

Big Props to Manike on this :clap: :clap: :clap:

good luck.. still waiting on our preorder :(

paintballfiend
01-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Agreed, this thing is amazing. I got to hold and shot it today and all I can say is wow. When I first saw it I thought it may be too small for me but it fit perfect, like a mag. ;)

geekwarrior
01-03-2007, 01:21 AM
I own Mini number #25 :D