PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve threads are striped out

BIGDOG 187
12-18-2006, 11:14 PM
My X-Valve threads are striped out. The threads that the Field Strip Screw goes in. Can you fix it?

FARMER00
12-18-2006, 11:23 PM
My X-Valve threads are striped out. The threads that the Field Strip Screw goes in. Can you fix it?
dont do this without asking others but i think u may have to drill out the hole and re tap it and use a larger screw other then that all i can recomend is a new valve

BIGDOG 187
12-19-2006, 12:29 AM
dont do this without asking others but i think u may have to drill out the hole and re tap it and use a larger screw other then that all i can recomend is a new valve

Do they sell larger screw?

Tunaman
12-19-2006, 06:18 AM
I could try to ijnstall a Heli Coil in there. No guarantees though...

BIGDOG 187
12-19-2006, 10:32 AM
I could try to ijnstall a Heli Coil in there. No guarantees though...

Can I send it back to you.

FARMER00
12-19-2006, 04:25 PM
i dont think it is entirely screwed up i still recomend drilling and tapping the hole then going to ur local hardware store and find the right screw for the tap used. it wont be a nifty thumb screw but still better then dishing out the money for the new valve

FA22RaptorF22
12-19-2006, 04:38 PM
the way to fix it is to get some stuff like this (http://aluminumrepair.com/), and fill up the hole entirely. Find the tap that matches the threads and the bit to match, then drill and tap it. better than new. :headbang:

FiXeL
12-19-2006, 05:29 PM
the way to fix it is to get some stuff like this (http://aluminumrepair.com/), and fill up the hole entirely. Find the tap that matches the threads and the bit to match, then drill and tap it. better than new. :headbang:

No. Just like welding, adding heat and new material to the piece will warp it and possibly to an extent it will not fit back on the valve. The most safest way to repair it is having the original threads drilled out, tapped with a helicoil tap, and a helicoil installed. No, it will not be as strong as the original threads, but strong enough for this application.

FA22RaptorF22
12-19-2006, 05:30 PM
well yes...but what you do is just tap it bigger to make threads for the new metal to hold on to, and just melt it in there. You just have to be careful not to make it too hot.

MANN
12-19-2006, 05:54 PM
SEND IT TO TUNA!!!! Period. If he cant fix it then it cannot be fixed.