PDA

View Full Version : Bet you didn't see THIS coming!

DeTrevni
12-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Rainmaker. Pump. Wewt...

I dunno, though. This one might be more of a "Drizzlemaker." I'd be lucky to hit 5 BPS!

Wanna know the kicker? It has autotrigger!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/paintbrawlerdon1/PRM.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/paintbrawlerdon1/PRM2.jpg

My view:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d140/paintbrawlerdon1/PRM3.jpg

Specs:
- Pump Rainmaker
- Stiffi Switch I change between my 2 RM's
- Angel LCD single trigger frame

Soon to come (or just come eventually...):
- Milling
- Anno
- Stock Class mod

I tell you what, it's surprisingly smooth for an RM. A HUGE trigger pull though. You have to pull the trigger until it just about touches the back of the guard, then it trips. I'm probably gonna make a stop for it soon.

VFX_Fenix
12-19-2006, 12:05 AM
That's.... pretty cool

Triangle
12-19-2006, 12:13 AM
That's pretty damned cool.
It looks like you've done a great job. Any chance at the internals, or anymore info as to how you made the sucker?

Maggot6
12-19-2006, 12:15 AM
You bet right..

I'm seconding the "more info" because, I know literally squat about Rainmakers, and I'd like to see what needs to be done :)

rkjunior303
12-19-2006, 12:25 AM
i thnk you finally found a way to make rainmakers actually shoot

Triangle
12-19-2006, 12:26 AM
You bet right..

I'm seconding the "more info" because, I know literally squat about Rainmakers, and I'd like to see what needs to be done :)

Seriously.

I had one of the older rainmakers for a while, and like it alot, actually.
I eventually added cash and traded it away, and I somewhat regret it.
The only thing I know about them, is that they'll sometimes up and ceae to operate properly. I seem to recall people addressing that at OGD, when the BE team had alot of problems with their markers.

Can anyone elaborate on that?

wjr
12-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Here's how it works (I'm pretty sure at least). The bottom tube uses a nelson valve to move a ram which hits a poppit valve that shoots the ball. The nelson valve is normally recocked by a air ram (similar to a cocker's).

I would assume that the ram that recocks the nelson valve has just been replaced with a pump.

DeTrevni
12-19-2006, 12:32 AM
I can't take credit for this (but it is my gun!). Claudio Ustica, or Rainman229, came out with the kit. It's a closed bolt pump. Pumping it loads the ball and sets the hammer (which can only be set when aired up). Pulling the trigger trips the hammer which shoots the ball (this took some home-fabrication from Claudio). Pretty standard design. With a stock Rainmaker, a 2 way ram and a MAC valve operated the pumping, similar to a 'cocker but not really, if you follow. This kit just replaces the ram with a manual system.

Here's a .gif of an RM cycling. Instead of the 'noid valve and ram, there's a pump. Same principle.

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/rainmaker.gif

Was that any help?

Edit: I'll have you people know, my Painmaker works fine! :D

Triangle
12-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Edit: I'll have you people know, my Painmaker works fine! :D

For now...;)

Pneumagger
12-19-2006, 01:03 AM
isn't that basically a sterling... "stacked nelsonish valve"

etjoyride
12-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Not to rain on your parade or anything because it is very nice, but rainman (and maybe some others) have done pump rainmakers before, both SC and open class, with great success.

However, this is certainly another shining example of how well it can be done.

Triangle
12-19-2006, 01:06 AM
Not to rain on your parade or anything because it is very nice, but rainman (and maybe some others) have done pump rainmakers before, both SC and open class, with great success.

However, this is certainly another shining example of how well it can be done.

He said the kit was put out by Rainman and company.

DeTrevni
12-19-2006, 01:25 AM
isn't that basically a sterling... "stacked nelsonish valve"

Yep! The Brass Eagle Sterling. I mentioned that, but I wasn't sure how many people would know what I was talking about so I edited it. Also, it is indeed Rainman's kit. Gotta vouch for the guy. He does great work!

Also, Rainman mentioned it could get around 23 balls per 12g, depending on where the ASA is placed, so I'm debating running it stock-class. Maybe convertable stock-class.

Edit: Crap. It probably wouldn't be allowed because of the autotrigger...

Duzzy
12-19-2006, 02:39 AM
Autotrigger really isn't a big SC issue as every Phantom has one, and I think every Nelson as well, but I could be wrong...

ricwhic414
12-19-2006, 10:39 AM
De you are a sexy beast

DeTrevni
12-19-2006, 01:06 PM
De you are a sexy beast

This man speaks truth!

It's good to hear about the autotrigger. SC rules are pretty anal though. Technically, you're not allowed to have a ported barrel. But some rules aren't as enforced as others! ;)

Pneumagger
12-19-2006, 01:44 PM
This man speaks truth!

It's good to hear about the autotrigger. SC rules are pretty anal though. Technically, you're not allowed to have a ported barrel. But some rules aren't as enforced as others! ;)

aren't there no feed gates in SC either? Yo ubasically use your 10 rnd tubes as the feed?

So no AT, no feedgated, no ported barrels, 12g only. :rolleyes:
It might just be easier to have a single gun type tourney... not of this, "OMG your Phantom has autotrigger. :mad: "

AT instock class does not matter. It's nearly impossible to AT and get a shot n the breech every time - much less aim while doing that.

don miguel
12-19-2006, 04:03 PM
OH SNAP, I like.

personman
12-19-2006, 04:07 PM
haha, that is one hell of a unique good. looks good :)

Duzzy
12-19-2006, 04:08 PM
SC Rules have been for the most part reduced to the three most important:

1. Pump Action

2. 12 grams

3. 10-15 rnds Max (Generally parallel to the barrel but stickfeeds are usually accepted.)

All the others are fine and dandy except for the fact that very few marker types are SC legal by the strict definitions.

warbeak2099
12-19-2006, 05:10 PM
That's pretty cool. How much is the kit? It'd be cool to pick up a Rainmaker for cheap and have a neat pump.

DeTrevni
12-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Well, the kits are $120 plus the gun.