PDA

View Full Version : please explain the concept of the pump kit.

barjohn
12-19-2006, 03:48 PM
I am understanding mostly how to build a pump kit and how i will do it. the problem for me comes when its time to understand when its fired what happens with the rod.

Like you cock the gun the rod pushes the bolt back into its slot it clicks in there. now its cocked. so you release the pump all the way out and pull the triger the rod will overlap the mag body so the bolt does not come smashing into the rod.

that make ssence but say you cock it and the pump is only Half way out when you pull the trigger. the bolt body will come and smash into the rod dammaging it or your bolt.

I wonder if there is any way you can prevent this from occuring.

barjohn
12-19-2006, 03:53 PM
i guess you could prevent it by putting a stronger spring in the pump piece. and make sure you fully let out pump befoer pulling trigger.
was thinking more of a fail safe thing.

craltal
12-19-2006, 03:53 PM
I am understanding mostly how to build a pump kit and how i will do it. the problem for me comes when its time to understand when its fired what happens with the rod.

Like you cock the gun the rod pushes the bolt back into its slot it clicks in there. now its cocked. so you release the pump all the way out and pull the triger the rod will overlap the mag body so the bolt does not come smashing into the rod.

that make ssence but say you cock it and the pump is only Half way out when you pull the trigger. the bolt body will come and smash into the rod dammaging it or your bolt.

I wonder if there is any way you can prevent this from occuring.

who says the pump is only half way?

turbo chicken
12-19-2006, 04:53 PM
a return spring should prevent what you have explained

barjohn
12-19-2006, 09:04 PM
ok what are you guys using for a plundger. to make er slide