PDA

View Full Version : funny little christmas story

buzzboy
12-19-2006, 09:36 PM
As has been for the past few years paintballs have been on the top of my christmas list. And this year(after some bad ___ streak) paintballs I got in the past I wrote "non brass eagle paintballs". Today at dinnertime my dad presented me with an early chirstmas gift of a case of paint. He said, I looked for "non brass eagle" paintballs for a while so I got you these(rps el tigre). It turns out that he had been looking for a company called "non brass eagle". It seems like something that would have been in the old customers say the darndest things over on pbn.

Also, has anybody shot el tigre. Sounds like good stuff. He said it was pretty expensive.

MANN
12-19-2006, 09:45 PM
lol. That sounds like something my parrents would do. When I was 12ish I told my parrents that I didnt want a silver brass eagle raptor. Unfortunetly I ended up with a green one. Apparently I did not clearify that I basicly didnt want a raptor. They knew that I wanted a tippmann so they allowed me to return it to get the tippmann that I really wanted. Sending people that know nothing about paintball to get paintball equipment always has bad resluts.

When asking my wife for paintball/motorcycle parts I will give her the specific part number. It seems to work much better than telling her to get a blah blah blah with a blah blay in this color

MoeMag
12-19-2006, 10:17 PM
If only some of you could see the christmas lists that some poor parents and grand parents have come into my shop with.

most of them dont even know what kind of gun their kids have...

"Im supposed to get a new trigger"

What kind of gun is it for?

"IDK its black"

how about a gift certificate? :rolleyes:

mag_lover05
12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
dude...my mom knows alot about paintball. i guess im lucky. when i mention something, shes like oh! is that for your tippmann or your automag?. she even knows what a lvl10 kit and ULE trigger pull kit is from 2 years ago :)

txaggie08
12-19-2006, 10:24 PM
I had to talk to some kids mom from another pb forum the other day. Apparently he decided she'lld listen to someone a little older and that grasped basic grammar and spelling(luckily she didnt catch me drunk....that would have been funny).

eric_503
12-19-2006, 11:42 PM
yeah my dad is bad with stuff like that i said i need a new mask and told him to go to the local shop and get me a pair of vent goggles he called from the shop and said umm yeah they all have vents?

zing :cool:

its funny how my mom knows what everything is tho and she can tell the difference between a co2 tank and an hpa tank but still doesnt know the difference between which mag has the lvl 10 and which doesnt;) (yeah i tend to stick my fingers in the breech to see if shes gotten any wiser)

shes even been trained on how to put a cocker together :ninja: well 3/4 together then i had to do the hoses and time it

now if i can just get my dad on board but he says he doesnt care :rolleyes: i will teach him that you do NOT want the orings to swell to get a good seal but to be rather lubed to seal

kruger
12-20-2006, 12:13 AM
If I am not mistaken, I think that the El Tigre is Walmart paint. That is a hit or miss as to if it is any good or not. Depends on how long it sat in the warehouse before it was put on th shelf. I have seen it shoot good and I have seen whole hoppers bounce off of my shop wall. Good luck.