PDA

View Full Version : New Mag Help!!!

SFFRONTMAN
12-20-2006, 03:58 AM
Just purchased my automag locally for what i hope for is next to nothing {100$}. It is a classic 68 mag with pf body, blade intelliframe, agd barrel {upgraded what its called no clue} i believe a lvl 7 bolt???,
It came with the original box with all the goodies including the warranty, and original trigger frame

As soon as i stopped drooling and gassed it up, shot fine with no leaks or chopped shots. I noticed the bolt has no foamie as of yet {ordered from agd.com}, will that cause ball breakage if i play without it this weekend?

QUESTIONS- With all the pros ive heard, is lvl 10 worth it?

I have a 45/4500 maxflow system, what psi should i be setting the reg at?

Can i still do the intellifeed hookup if i only have a 9v revvie on hand?

And will the ult for my intelliframe upgrade work with a classic valve {ive heard it both ways}

ALL your input and help will be gladly appreciated. {pics comming soon}And is the star program still viable? the valve has one star left on it

robertsr1811
12-20-2006, 09:44 AM
QUESTIONS- With all the pros ive heard, is lvl 10 worth it?

Can i still do the intellifeed hookup if i only have a 9v revvie on hand?

And will the ult for my intelliframe upgrade work with a classic valve {ive heard it both ways}

ALL your input and help will be gladly appreciated. {pics comming soon}And is the star program still viable? the valve has one star left on it

If you chop during normal play, the L10 is worth twice what it costs. If you don't chop normally, it's pretty much worthless. Me, I run it on all 3 of my Mags and smile.

You can run your reg up to 1K or 1.2K and the valve will take it easy. You will also get a NICE snappy feel to your trigger. Mags like a lot of pressure and work best when they have plenty of gas. Turn it up untill you like the way it feels. You're not going to hurt anything.

You can hook up a 9V intellifeed setup, shouldn't be any issues.

I believe that you need to have a classic valve milled slightly to accept a ULT trigger.

The star program is still in effect as far as I know. It's not all that great a deal honestly. You pay shipping and insurance for your valve and it's pretty near the cost of a rebuild kit anyway.

SFFRONTMAN
12-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks alot for the info, and one more question, not to be a butt head but do those foamies on the bolt really make a difference?

Pneumagger
12-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Just purchased my automag locally for what i hope for is next to nothing {100$}. It is a classic 68 mag with pf body, blade intelliframe, agd barrel {upgraded what its called no clue} i believe a lvl 7 bolt???,
It came with the original box with all the goodies including the warranty, and original trigger frame

As soon as i stopped drooling and gassed it up, shot fine with no leaks or chopped shots. I noticed the bolt has no foamie as of yet {ordered from agd.com}, will that cause ball breakage if i play without it this weekend?
It might allow a ball or two to roll back without the foamie and chop the next ball - but you won't hurt anything. Be sure your using the foamies on the L7 faomie bolt and not the L7 longnose bolt.

QUESTIONS- With all the pros ive heard, is lvl 10 worth it? <-- If you shoot strings of shots, yes. See if you have a chopping problem first.

For a classic valve 750psi-800psi should be ideal.
With a classic valve - no matter what the input presure is, you shouldn't notice a difference in trigger feel.
For an RT/retro/X valve - more pressure = more bouncy trigger and you'll want at least 800psi.
Either way - feed the mag as high as you like you won't hurt it. And in either case you may have problems below around 600psi. Be sure your using good macroline rated for at least 1000psi or stainless hosing.

Can i still do the intellifeed hookup if i only have a 9v revvie on hand? Yes
And will the ult for my intelliframe upgrade work with a classic valve {ive heard it both ways}. The ULT fits right into any Classic Valve... but will not have a strong trigger return, so short stroking is very easy. Some people have success and others don't - it's a gamble.

be sure the star has an "empty" center otherwise it's been punched and used up. Don't worry about it. Fixing hte mag with a rebuild kit takes 10 mins and is cheaper.

ZIP ZOP. Zoobity Bop

craltal
12-20-2006, 12:38 PM
In addition to robert's reply...

You could always get an RT on/off assembly and use that in your classic valve. The ULT can be hit or miss in terms of functioning in a classic valve, but the RT on/ off will definitely work. It'll drop your trigger pull by about 50%. You're not going to be walking the trigger, but it will definitely feel better.

Level X is definitely worthwhile but play without a little first just to get the feel.

Just buy a rebuild kit or 2 and download the diagrams. Rebuilding the valve isn't that difficult and if you found this site and posted a coherent question, you should be able to do it yourself.
I'd save the rebuild for something catastrophic, not the soft parts.

One other thing in regards to the Level X, you might find that you'll have to replace the regulator piston assembly. This is the overpressure relief of the system and since the Level X requires a higher pressure you might find that you are leaking out the back of the valve at normal velocities with the Level X. The new ones are designed for the higher pressures.

Oh, as for your input pressure, Zak Vedder attached a Scuba tank directly to an x-valve and it shot just fine. Mind you putting 3000 psi into the valve had the overpressure relief working overtime, but it still shot 32bps just fine...

Pneumagger
12-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks alot for the info, and one more question, not to be a butt head but do those foamies on the bolt really make a difference?

Definately with a force feed loader you'll get rollback. See if it bothers you. Generally a sizable piece of rubber you can superglue to the bolt face will work.

SFFRONTMAN
12-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Thanks for all the valuable info, and thanks to the fourms i sucessfully installed intellifeed, Here is a picture of my newest baby.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1018/magtv4.th.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magtv4.jpg)

peewee
12-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Nice setup..

shotbirdsfallin
12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
niiice. and lvl 10 is worth it. ^_^