PDA

View Full Version : Ok so I'm old

flyboy
12-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Ancient by PB standards. 49. I can't look at a picture of a bunch of people playing paintball and ID every marker, what barrell it has and who did the ano job.

Doritos are chips.

Car washes wash cars.

But suddenly I found my self running around in the woods shooting balls of paint at people and loving it. I've even played a round or 2 of speed ball. (or in my case, kinda slowly run to a back position ball, amazed I didn't get shot off the break)

So when you see an old guy at the pb store that gets a deer in the headlights look when the younger folks start muttering things about "shockers, angels, timmys.... etc..." just be patient. Mention mags and I'll come around.

Just some random musings waiting for Christmas ....

Carry on!

geekwarrior
12-20-2006, 09:39 AM
hey, I personally love to see people your age out on the field! :headbang:

Dewok82
12-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Me too! The move slow and are easier to shoot. :cheers:

shartley
12-20-2006, 10:08 AM
The older you get the smarter you play.... out of need. ;) But that is not a bad thing.

And remember, today's 60 is yesterday's 40. :headbang:

rmg
12-20-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm with you flyboy, 48 here. The next morning the knees are a little stiff, but its a blast.
My problem is that the kiddies always want to hang in the back so I usually end up charging down the center, or to a midfield position, if I make it out of the break that is. :)

flyboy
12-20-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm with you flyboy, 48 here. The next morning the knees are a little stiff, but its a blast.
My problem is that the kiddies always want to hang in the back so I usually end up charging down the center, or to a midfield position, if I make it out of the break that is. :)

One of these days I'm going to suprise every body and do a super man into the snake.

I might not be able to get up after I do, but it would be funny.

I wonder if I should start an "old codgers" paintball "team" with national membership, lol

DaFin
12-20-2006, 10:29 AM
I am almost a youngster, about to turn 41.... But hey, 50 is the new 30, don't worry about it.

Oh and for the youngsters like Dewok.... Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Old guys rule.

PS: Flyboy, if you put together a team of 40+ year olds, I'm game (that is if I am old enough to join)

beam
12-20-2006, 01:22 PM
/salute flyboy

Army
12-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Pushing 46, but still hold my own out there. For the last year or so, I've been playing almost exclusively with my Sydarm. The kids laugh and point, exclaiming their ramped/bounced/computer run whatever marker will mow me down....then I hit them with one ball.

Right then, life is gooooood :headbang:

geekwarrior
12-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Pushing 46, but still hold my own out there. For the last year or so, I've been playing almost exclusively with my Sydarm. The kids laugh and point, exclaiming their ramped/bounced/computer run whatever marker will mow me down....then I hit them with one ball.

hmm....i've been thinking of getting a pistol of some sort...that sounds like fun. How accurate are the pistols? are the Sibera's worth the extra $$?

/sorry for the thread hijack

Piranti
12-20-2006, 03:05 PM
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT respond to Geekwarrior.

If you do you feed his addiction, and friends don't let friends feed thier addictions :ninja:

JK, he knows hes a gun whore and will probably sell whatever he gets before it even arrives to him or after 1 week of play......... :D

geekwarrior
12-20-2006, 03:14 PM
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT respond to Geekwarrior.

If you do you feed his addiction, and friends don't let friends feed thier addictions :ninja:

JK, he knows hes a gun whore and will probably sell whatever he gets before it even arrives to him or after 1 week of play......... :D

hey, I'm seeking help.

Hi, my name is geek, and I'm a gun whore.

Today I resisted the urge to buy behemoths pnuemag.

/ sits down
//golf clap*

Pneumagger
12-20-2006, 03:21 PM
hey, I'm seeking help.

Hi, my name is geek, and I'm a gun whore.

Today I resisted the urge to buy behemoths pnuemag.

/ sits down
//golf clap*

shoulda bought it... it was the best Chimera I did.

geekwarrior
12-20-2006, 03:23 PM

/put hands over ears,runs around in a cricle
//"ring around the rosies, a pocketful of posies, ashes ashes..."

flyboy
12-20-2006, 03:27 PM

Yeah. I just traded my A5 for a phantom and played pump the first time last weekend.

Loved it.

A team mate had a tag 8 he just got and I was astounded at how accurate it was. Might get one myself someday.

craltal
12-20-2006, 03:30 PM

hmmm, well when I get my frame from rogue (blasted mail carriers, making me wait...) maybe we can see if you can make a better one... :D

peewee
12-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Me too! The move slow and are easier to shoot. :cheers:

But usually we have "bounce factor".

fullofpaint
12-20-2006, 03:41 PM
my dad's 51 and he;s out plauying with our woods team every weekend, actually h's probaly one of the most feared shots on the field, now ifd only I can get him to come out and play some speedball.

SCpoloRicker
12-20-2006, 03:55 PM
For once, I need to get off of other people's lawns. ;)

buzzboy
12-20-2006, 05:16 PM
i have only played 2 outlaw games with people over like 18. It was cool though. All guys playing with their sons. Really cool. I only wish I could get a gun for my dad and get him into it. And for the 40+ club I am going with my friend and his dad on friday and his dad is actually into it.

jenarelJAM
12-20-2006, 05:24 PM

Hey, I'm 17 and my knees/legs are stiff and sore the next morning too. Two and a half weeks ago, I hadn't been paintballing in a long time, and the next day I could barely walk.(I was doing alot of sliding on my knees tho...)

Zentish
12-20-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm 42 and have been playing off and on since 1989. I play some speedball but prefer woodsball.

In speedball the kids laugh and point right up to the moment I goggle them or end up heads up against the last opponent. It certainly doesn't happen every game but it is sweet!

In woodsball we old timers are should be feared. My favorite is to use superior tactics and mind tricks against the youngsters. "C'mon man let's go down this trail and get em!" "If we wait here, youngster, they'll come right down this trail and we will cut them up. Why run when we can let them run into us! Patience."

the
12-20-2006, 06:30 PM
the first thing im gonna teach my kids is paintball.

then the history of smart parts.

iambored
12-20-2006, 07:30 PM
uh can i physically count as old?
Missing a layer of cartlige in my right knee can't move like these young dudes.

flyboy
12-20-2006, 07:52 PM
uh can i physically count as old?
Missing a layer of cartlige in my right knee can't move like these young dudes.

Well I have a fake right hip, a pin in my righ elbow, marginal diabetes and arthritis.

So i guess knee problems qualify. :D

iambored
12-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Well I have a fake right hip, a pin in my righ elbow, marginal diabetes and arthritis.

So i guess knee problems qualify. :D
Whoa dude you got full certifacation as allowance of using the term "I'm old!"

paintballfiend
12-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Ehhhh, old people smell like Bengay (sp?).
Mix in the smell of paintballs and you got one reaking old person. :) j/k

pnzrkity
12-21-2006, 03:18 AM
I'm 36 and my mom ( yes my mom) is 52 and plays. She loves it, she doesn't get into all the tech jargon but then again niether do I.

going_home
12-21-2006, 04:11 AM
I'm 36 and my mom ( yes my mom) is 52 and plays. She loves it, she doesn't get into all the tech jargon but then again niether do I.

In April I'll be the big 5-0 and my mom is 75. I play and she doesnt.
But my two sons played for the first time last saturday.
When we were done the 23 year old said we should play again next saturday. LOL
Why sure we should do it every saturday, it only costed me $140.00.
:tard:

turbo chicken
12-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Heck i'm 25 and I get confused at the stuff too ... if its not something I started to play with 10 years ago ... I couldn't tell you the difference either ...

Mention something about a mag, pump, or a spyder. and you got my attention. beyond that i'm lost.

I may be younger but I'm still pretty sore the day after I play too ... if you not sore you didn't play hard enough :headbang:

flyboy
12-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Whoa dude you got full certifacation as allowance of using the term "I'm old!"

Well my hip was messed up in a car wreck when I was 25 and it finally just gave out. The rest happens when you allow yourself to get FAT. I've lost over 60 pounds since last Dec. In pretty good shape now.

I can't even tell I have a big ole piece of titanium in my rigth leg anymore. :D

cpt
12-21-2006, 08:30 AM
57 and usually ahead of the 18 year olds. I play at fields all over the country and if they "pick" teams I'm usuallly the last one, at least till the first game is over. Experience can play a big part in paintball.

zondo
12-21-2006, 08:31 AM
The thing about being older is that you're not scrounging for cash to play like you were when you were younger. Although my wife still doesn't understand why I just bought "that gun" (aka my automag). :rolleyes:

turbo chicken
12-21-2006, 08:51 AM
The guy in the faded camos with he pump or classic mag is usually the one to worry about... because noone else considers them a threat they are able to slip in "under the radar" and cause more damage than the hoser sitting at the other end of the field making lots of ruckus and causing a scene.

the
12-21-2006, 12:00 PM
^^^^amen.

DaFin
12-21-2006, 12:04 PM
The guy in the faded camos with he pump or classic mag is usually the one to worry about... because noone else considers them a threat they are able to slip in "under the radar" and cause more damage than the hoser sitting at the other end of the field making lots of ruckus and causing a scene.

Old age and treachery makes me smile.

peewee
12-21-2006, 03:19 PM
My oldest son is finally able to play. Funny to watch him break down the side of the speedball field. The bunkers are all taller than he is. Short brick layed on its side covers up to his armpits. :headbang: My youngest is ready but not old enough.

Mike Smith
12-21-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm 56. I play 5 to 7 scenario games a year. It takes me almost 2 days to get up to speed, that's why I prefer 2 day scenarios.

I'll be at The Alamo in Coperras Cove in February, T-Rev at Mt Pleasant in April, Paintball Sam's Big Game in Racine WI the first weekend of May, and at Mout on Memorial Day. I may do 8 games this year. I'm old, slow and can't see very well, but I do enjoy hanging back and watching others get into it! ;)