PDA

View Full Version : Frames Rails & Bodies - Compatibility?

DaFin
12-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi gang,

Help an old mag lover out and make me understand which rails/bodies/frames/valves can be used together. Like can I use an E mag body on an RT rail with a classic vlave and an itelliframe?

Also what are all of the possibilites for bodies and rails both AGD and aftermarket?

If this information has been covered elsewhere please post a link.

Best,

SR_matt
12-21-2006, 01:28 PM
IIRC the only main ones that are not compatable are the original RT's with most other things (since the air flow path went through the rail and up thru a banjo bolt)

gun.com/museum/index.htm shows the different models and stuff agd has put out over the years and i think it might cover some of the compatability

bodies
-ule
-SS bodies
-tac 1
-xmag

after market
-rpg has 3 bodies all based off of ules IIRC
-IT body
-Deadly winds has 4 body styles
-the random flame mini mag body that appears randomly
-ptp micro mag
-z body

rails
-agd has a lot of stock rails, 2 different "tac" rails only one has the ability to have site rails screwed on to it, and the teh xmag has an incorporated rail

after market
-logic alpha rails
-rpg all based on a stock rail

i probably forgot a few but that gives you a good range
-matt

MANN
12-21-2006, 04:18 PM
I think you got all of them matt.

Just remember that the older ss bodies (automag, minimag) will not fit in newer RT Pro/Emag rails without some modification. The mounting nut on old bodies are oval, while all of the new ones are circular. Luke will mill out a rail if you need it done.

SR_matt
12-21-2006, 05:04 PM
o also dont some older bodies have square nuts out the bottom, once you said the about the oval ones i thought i remembered hearing something abotu square ones

-matt

txaggie08
12-21-2006, 06:02 PM
left out the old benchmark rail, plus the dallara and karta rails.

DaFin
12-22-2006, 02:01 PM
So then...

All of the rails, bodies and valves are interchangeable with the exception of the original RTs as long as the "body nut" will fit in to the recess in the rail?

And I won't have to do anything with on/off pin length?

SR_matt
12-22-2006, 02:04 PM
i cant remember the exacts on on/off pin length, i thought it had to do with the vavle more some, but IIRC certian rails (minimag rails?) need the shorter pin but i cant remember exacts.

-matt