PDA

View Full Version : What to watch out for on Angels?

Arman/XPM
12-31-2001, 10:06 AM
Hello all,
I am currently in the middle of a trade. I am recieving a 2000 Angel LCD.
I am fairly new to the Angel world, and would have posted this in the pbnation.com or paintballcity.com forums, but they are a band of 12 year olds.:D Well, anyways - is there anything that I need to watch out for on Angels? I know that I must check the board and what not, but is there anything else?
- Arman.

Thordic
12-31-2001, 10:10 AM
Are you going to sell it next week for that FreeFlow? :)

Arman/XPM
12-31-2001, 10:19 AM
Thordic,
The answer to that is *Maybe* - because I might trade it for a freeflow - :) Not the same one in the Friendly forums though.

AngelBoy
12-31-2001, 10:30 AM
Check the board often, if it starts acting strange at all send it to Rocky. There have been a lot of problems with the boards on 2000 LCDs, I had to get mine replaced a month after I got it. I would get a new inline reg too, I tink that a lot of people have had problems with those too, I know I did. When you oil it, shoot it about 40 times and then wipe all of the oil off of the bolt. If oil stays on the bolt it messes it up pretty bad. I would also get rid of the stupid key by getting a switch put on with one of the new batteries. If you have any problems, I would contact Rocky Cagnoni at the Warped Sportz in Florida.

Arman/XPM
12-31-2001, 10:32 AM
Thank you Angelboy.

So, would you say that what I am trading in my sig is a good deal? Do you think that I should stray away from the Angel? Does it come with a lifetime warranty?

FaSSt
12-31-2001, 11:26 AM
Angels have some fairly hard to get to air-passages inside the body. Over time, these can get clogged with dirt, resulting in inconsistencies or failure to cycle properly. Make sure that these are clean.

A lot of internal aftermarket Angel parts, like on Mags, can actually decrease performance, so look out for that.

i-luv-my-rt
12-31-2001, 11:57 AM
If you read about angels you will know enough to do most things by yourself. Like changing a snap ring if it breaks. DO NOT let it come close to dew or water, i had a team mates fry in my hand b/c of a little water in the grip. Now he takes the grip of and uses Patroleum jelly or something like that around the edge of the grip to keep water out. They do not come with a lifetime warranty but Warped Sportz offers them and can fix almost anything. Great gun and good deal!!!!

Arman/XPM
12-31-2001, 12:15 PM
Hello all,
Hmmm....now I am kinda scared of them. Does anyone know any good *FAQ's* out there?

Nitroduck
12-31-2001, 12:38 PM
www.pbnation.com has a link to AO Angelownersgroup.com

I'd look there for Faqs.

Angels are just as reliable as Mags =) Just make sure you take care of them by not doing anything stupid. Dont lube the gun that often.....once every......10k+ shots should be good enough.

I would sugguest replacing the following parts...

Tab Key (get a on/off)
NiMh battery (get the new one)
Replace barrel w/ freak or boomstick
Add a highrise

Past this....Nothing really NEEDS upgrading. You can change the bolt/reg/valve for lower pressure and possibly more shots per fill....But thats upto you.

IceCool32
12-31-2001, 01:41 PM
Make sure you check the board often, like stated before. But also, be weary.....My friends Angel lost 15000 shots, it now has less than when he traded for it.

WhatShouldMyUserNameBe
01-21-2002, 09:21 AM
Arman! Arman! He's our man! O-Z-K-A-N! Ozkan!

Arman/XPM
01-21-2002, 10:32 AM
Lol, David! Is that you?!

WhatShouldMyUserNameBe
01-21-2002, 10:34 AM
lol, yeah. Hey guess what? Just got my mag and it kickz! w00t. :D

Failure
01-21-2002, 11:13 AM
Arman, when you get the angel send it to a tech. Have him give it the once over and while its there have him tune it for you. Search for the angel techs website addy because he is good from what I hear and he has a 1 day turnaround time from when he gets your gun. Of all of the aftermarket upgrades out there I suggest a dezign open faced bolt. A trigger is the second upgrade I suggest. I also suggest a mac dev gladiator inline reg. If you want the ultimate in performance upgrades I believe you should get the stainless steel buttons kit.

here is his link:
http://www.theangelguy.com/

Arman/XPM
01-21-2002, 11:16 AM
Failure
I thank you for your suggestions. Lol, let me recieve the gun first, and I will go from there - :D

Failure
01-21-2002, 11:24 AM
youre trading the angel aren't you, for that freeflow? Thats a sin. I do hope that you will at least shoot the angel first then make a decision.

jimmyjobob
01-21-2002, 11:27 AM
everyone talks about this guy as if he were a god, its ridiculous. he is human and not the only angel tech in town.

i highly recommend www.theangelguy.com, his name is robert sandifer, we play on a 10 man team, he is a certified angel tech. got top tech award in england.

he will treat your gun as if it were his own, i personally guarantee it. great pricing and fast turn around.

Failure
01-21-2002, 12:39 PM
I totally agree with you jimmyjobob. Everyone does speak of him like he was the best. The guy I would want to work on my gun is the guy that would treat it like gold. Another great tech is Mark Costa from impact paintball. He is a top tech and he lives in my neck of the woods. I've been to him before and he is quick and knowledgeable as well.