PDA

View Full Version : Possible boards in a UMF??

Warwitch
12-21-2006, 10:27 AM
I have seen some e-mags running DM frames and boards. Will a DM board fit into the Logic UMF? For that matter, are there any other boards that can run a mag that will fit? I would really like to use a Tadao if possible.

BigEvil
12-21-2006, 10:59 AM
I have seen some e-mags running DM frames and boards. Will a DM board fit into the Logic UMF? For that matter, are there any other boards that can run a mag that will fit? I would really like to use a Tadao if possible.

Any board that allows you to control dwell and rof. Size and configuration are the issues. I ended up using a NME board in my eframe, and I hate it. The connector is in the back and the board is bigger than I planned for.

(FYI- you need a board that can handle the 18vs an emag runs off of if you are going to try to upgrade a regular emag)

There are supposed to be a couple of new universal boards out in the next month. I know the Micro Morlocks are just waiting on some component that is back orderd ( :rolleyes: ). I also hear from a little birdy that the new APE Uniboards will be going to production in January.

If you are stuck, the 06 Cyborg boards look like they can be used for custom applications. They are small, and use regular 2pin jst connectors (I think)

:cheers:

Warwitch
12-21-2006, 11:04 AM
(FYI- you need a board that can handle the 18vs an emag runs off of if you are going to try to upgrade a regular emag)

Actually thats what I want to ditch but as I understand it a 9v system isnt enough power. Is that incorrect? I already have the UMF and its going on a new tac-one so it wont be from an existing marker.

craltal
12-21-2006, 11:28 AM
the solenoid in the emag runs on 18V because it needs to have the mass it does to get the job done. You could always go for a variation on a spyder mag and use different solenoid and parts. That should fit just fine in your frame and allow for 9V operation.

SR_matt
12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
sounds like some one needs an electropneumag :rolleyes:

i thought there was talk about the posiblity of a different selenoid and a ult to drop the required voltage but im not sure if it ever worked out for the peroson trying to do the mod.

-matt

Pneumagger
12-21-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm making a very nice EP mag right now with a UMF. Right now I'm using a stripped down Stock ION board (no solenoid or Capacitor on it). This board will be replaced with an expensive virtue board or a Morlock if a buddy can come through FTW.

I in a UMF frame with only the intellifeed crossbar partially cut away, I can fit the board, battery, actuator, and a small cut out section for the trigger switch. The LPR will be out front. And I'm still undecided as to whether the trigger will have a return spring around the trigger pin, or whether to use magnets.

wjr
12-21-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm making a very nice EP mag right now with a UMF. Right now I'm using a stripped down Stock ION board (no solenoid or Capacitor on it). This board will be replaced with an expensive virtue board or a Morlock if a buddy can come through FTW.

:eek:

I heard that Ion boards cannot be used to control a non ion solenoid, because the stock ion solenoid requires a special pulse.

Lenny
12-21-2006, 01:38 PM

I in a UMF frame with only the intellifeed crossbar partially cut away, I can fit the board, battery, actuator, and a small cut out section for the trigger switch. The LPR will be out front. And I'm still undecided as to whether the trigger will have a return spring around the trigger pin, or whether to use magnets.
Woohoo! That's my frame he's talking about!

(Spring or magnets, I don't care. Just FYI)

Pneumagger
12-21-2006, 01:44 PM
:eek:

I heard that Ion boards cannot be used to control a non ion solenoid, because the stock ion solenoid requires a special pulse.

The stock ION solenoid is custom made and uses a lot of current draw (for an EP noid). That it why there is a capacitor. The By pulsing the signal at a 50% dudty cycle, the ION noid doesn't overheat.

IIRC, the first few ms of the signal are a solid signal, and once the noid's closed the board pulses the signal, because magnetic forces drop off with the square of the distance. When a solenoid is closed, it requires WAY less power to hold closed than to actually become closed.
So I have high hopes for the 9V ION board powering the 5V SMC solenoid.

One of 3 things will happen:
1) The little noid fries like a cremebrulee.
2) it works.
3) it won't hold the dwell.

Jimbud
12-21-2006, 07:18 PM
I have a Vaporworks 2k6Chaos board for mine.
It is a Bushmaster replacment board
It is very small and has a 5 Volt output.
Unfortunatly It seems that Vaporworks may have closed up shop.
Their web site www.paintballtrader.com is no longer up.
You may be able to find one one Ebay though.

Warwitch
12-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

Pneumagger: Any pics of the ep rig?

armyboot
12-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Any ideas as to if any of this would fit into a chimera frame? I'm drooling over the thought of a pneuelectro chimera framed mag with one of roguefactor's new bearing triggers...

Pneumagger
12-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Any ideas as to if any of this would fit into a chimera frame? I'm drooling over the thought of a pneuelectro chimera framed mag with one of roguefactor's new bearing triggers...
Easily. The UMF... in spite of it's size, has less room than the UL Intelliframes.

wjr
12-21-2006, 10:32 PM
I have a Vaporworks 2k6Chaos board for mine.
It is a Bushmaster replacment board
It is very small and has a 5 Volt output.
Unfortunatly It seems that Vaporworks may have closed up shop.
Their web site www.paintballtrader.com is no longer up.
You may be able to find one one Ebay though.

Thanks! Now I know exactly what I'm going to use in my project. I just found one on ebay here (http://cgi.ebay.com/Vaporworks-2k4-Chaos-Board_W0QQitemZ130060145574QQihZ003QQcategoryZ1401 27QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotoh osting)
The picture does a great job of showing how big it is... just a little bigger then a quarter!

Edit: Vaporworks is still in business, their site is just being updated.

Jimbud
12-22-2006, 06:56 PM
That is a 2K4 Board.
If they are still in business you may want to look at the 2K6 board it is much thinner but a bit longer.
It fits in the frame perfectly.