PDA

View Full Version : Warp Feed for front players?

Maghappy
12-31-2001, 11:04 AM
As i asked above. if you were a front player or are a front player. would u use warp or not and why. cuz i just got my warp and i like front so much but im worried its gunna slow me down, this is the only thing im worried about cuz i love it so darn much. its soo much easier to use in the backfield but i havent hada chance to play front with it. thanks for the input :)

-adam

irbodden
12-31-2001, 12:06 PM
No, its bad for front players, sell it to me for $20 buck, good deal? .. ;)

Reality: If you like it, which you said you did, keep it. If not, read the above post and sell it to me for $20 bucks. Sound fair?

:cool:

Army
12-31-2001, 01:39 PM
Uh, slow you down? Unless you're a 98lb weakling, the Warp doesn't add THAT much weight. Front player will benefit from the ability to get really low to the floor/ground and shoot at extreme angles:cool:

IceCool32
12-31-2001, 01:54 PM
Hey now Army! 98lb. is pretty close to 125lb., like me. But to answer your questions/worries Maghappy, The Warp will not slow you down, maybe you should tried front when you played, instead of back. Why you should use it? The warp allows you to get much tighter in bunkers, and also allows you to shoot at alot of different angles and positions. If you've ever tried to come out as low as you can out of your bunker and shoot up at the guys standing on the other team, you know how hard it is to get your balls to feed, the warp allows you to do this.

Granted it may change your game a little(very little) The warp will in no way slow you down playing front.

Maghappy
12-31-2001, 02:22 PM
thanks for the input guyz, my vote is keeping it! i was gunna keep it, just thought id pop up my question like i did above. so thanks for the input now i need a warp feed body or a h/r just to make i lower profile. and the reason i didnt play front was when i got it the games were like 20vs20 and you could barrely move without someone lighting u up from 10 differnt angles lol thanks again guyz

Paintballer86
12-31-2001, 02:41 PM
I Have a Warp.
I shoot peoples feet when they run.
It gives them a chance to show off their dancing skills.:D

Miscue
12-31-2001, 03:04 PM
Dude, I'm a wuss and I don't have a hard time with the EMag + Warp.

Maghappy
12-31-2001, 03:17 PM
yay! lol im happy as hello with my warp! its great, yet im only 51 and like 125 lbs. hehe im a small guy, thats why i play front with my nice tite set up :)

magc68
12-31-2001, 03:44 PM
i assume u r a tournament player. if so then ask yourself this question. in tournaments if u r not getting bunkered where do u get shot once u r in your bunker. u get shot in the gun,hand, tip of goggles. the little bit that stick out right. well what is the biggest thing that is sticking out. your loader. so if u eliminate that then u r golden. a front player shoots in odd angles and the warp will elminate chops from not keeping loader above the gun. u can shoot sideways and your profile is smaller and the gun will load. the gun is more blanced at these odd angles as well. so its definatly a plus for a front player.

Maghappy
12-31-2001, 03:51 PM
thanks mag, i am a tourny player. so good advice. i am golden :) also, i just need a h/r or warp feed body so my hosing from the warp isnt doing so many twistsand what not. thanks guyz

magc68
12-31-2001, 04:07 PM
no prob, glad i could help

aNtHrAx323
12-31-2001, 04:12 PM
I'm called a whale at 185 lbs, but I'm not fat (I swear!), and I find it comfortable for front. However, there is one thing I don't like: it is slightly more difficult to run and shoot with one hand with the Warp on it. I guess I need to just use it longer in order to adjust :)

MrAirgunRT
12-31-2001, 07:24 PM
im 6'3" 180 lbs, I don't mind the warp one bit, I would love to own one. But I am restricted in the cash area.

Ityl
12-31-2001, 11:31 PM
quote from south park-

commercial-"are you a 90lb weakling?"
cartman-"hey, I weigh 90 pounds!"

Warpfeed rules no matter what game, field, and player, imho.

booyah
01-01-2002, 01:08 AM
90 lb weakling? need to be small to play front?

i doubt it... I stand 6' by about 230 lbs just a big guy. I play front or mid no problems...

The warp is a great thing since it lets me shoot out the left side that much easier and keeps that dang hopper in check....

ya gotta love them crazy warp elves....

-Booyah

Maghappy
01-01-2002, 07:17 PM
thanks for the input guyz... :) i love my warp ;)

WaRBladE
03-06-2003, 12:17 AM
I am thinking about getting a warp also since I am front and play a lot on speedball fields. I am 5'11" and 147 lbs. I also am going to drop my tank down to a 68 CI fiber wrap since it is too large and heavy for my tastes. Also since it is a older one from 98...it is MUCH heavier than the new tanks. :(

I also want to ditch my Classic 68 A.I.R. valve for a X-valve that weighs 3 ounces less.

How much does the warp actually weigh?

FooTemps
03-06-2003, 12:24 AM
warp is great for front players!

It lowers the profile and it helps firing in bursts (good for snap shooting!). The only time it causes problems is when it is inbalanced... When I tossed a warpfeed on my mag to try it out the poor balance was very noticable. That made me tend to fire out the heavier side more since it was easier to tilt that direction. Then again, my setup is really weird... I run a backwards tank so I can have perfect balance at the gripframe. That setup is really sensitive to changes so I put the tank back on normal...

My impression of the warp is good. I figured that if I changed my setup the warp would be awesome on my mag.

Troy
03-06-2003, 01:26 AM
All of the front guys on the Lions use warps. Chester and Chance just won Skyball using them.

PsychoBaller
03-06-2003, 03:48 AM
Someone on FON stated in regards to AGD Kids winning SkyBall that "they were using warps, and that's what killed us" and "we couldn't see'em"..... something along those lines....

I'm now turning towards getting a warp for my SFL... hope those Warp Modules in stock will fit the special SFL LX bolt (which is larger).

~da baller
(someone find me a cheap used Red Warp too)

irbodden
03-06-2003, 05:55 AM
This thread is over a year old :eek:

WaRBladE
03-06-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by irbodden
This thread is over a year old :eek:

I noticed that after I replied to it...I was using th "search" tool to find info on the warp system. It still is a current issue and holds valuable info. :)