PDA

View Full Version : Hoppy Checks in. "new" marker!

HoppysMag
12-21-2006, 08:06 PM
so some people say i date myself in this sport, my first gun was a pump. int he days where a 9oz was "big", my first semi was a VM68. my first "pro" gun was a 68 Mag ( still have and love). im a proud and open stock class player, have a PGP and phantom, along with conversions for my maverick to make it stockclass-ish

but ladys and gentlemen i submit, for your aproval my latest marker.

if you know what it is, your an old foggy. if you dont know what it is. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!!!
http://www.blinkfile.com/view-2146
smaller photo later.

rx2
12-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Splatmasters...
...those were the days.

mag_lover05
12-21-2006, 08:13 PM
how much did you pay for the splatty?

SR_matt
12-21-2006, 08:15 PM
that looks like its in pretty good condition, how are the internals?

-matt

eric_503
12-21-2006, 09:00 PM
splatmaster with possible speedwheel? (knob for 12 gram changer)

edit:didnt notice i could make the picture bigger....just a plastic knob no speedwheel :(

etjoyride
12-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Hehe,
a splattY

I love those things. after trying a friend si want to go get my own. my PGP does the job for now though. I need to get another phantom to.

behemoth
12-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey, how ya been Hoppy?

Still en fuego?

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
12-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Sweet gun steve, hows law? treating you?

HoppysMag
12-21-2006, 11:02 PM
hey guys. im doing good. school just ended for the semester so im home on xmas break.

il regale you with the story.

so one monday morning i get a call from my mother. "steve, are you expecting anyone to drop anything off? paintball stuff?" no, why. i asked. she tells me there is a duffle bag with some paintball stuff by the back door. i go through a mental check. did i loan any one anything? no. would some one just drop off stuff for me to fix or just to "adopt", no couldnt be, i havnt played in like 2 years. so i tell my mother it might be the kids nextdoors. they are jr high age, and maybe some parents droped off gear for an after school game at the wrong house. my mother says ok, il call them. i all but forget about it. now, like a month later, i get home from school and walk in my room, and sitting on my bed is a stripped out Spyder shutter body and this lovely FULLY FUNCTIONING good condition Splatmaster :wow: . i ofcourse, did a double take. then lovengly picked it up.

turns out my uncle, whos a big ebay/garage sale, type guy picked it up some where and droped it off at my house along with a bunch of other stuff. so the total price paid for this functioning piece of paintball history .......... nothing. :spit_take

i quickly dug through my tool box to find that one 12gram i always stash away some where, loaded it up and whent shootin in the back yard. amazing. id love to actualy play with this baby

Remington
12-21-2006, 11:47 PM
:wow:

I hate you . . . :p

But in all seriousness, I'm quite jealous; very lucky indeed!

Army
12-22-2006, 02:17 AM
I just scored a GZ 1000. When the makers of the Splatmaster broke up, one contingent developed the GZ series ('89-'90). Essentially it has Splatmaster innards, with an updated (for the day) all plastic body. The barrel is a sleeve in a body extension. Operation is identical to the SM, except for the hopper feed.

The GZ wasn't what I was bidding on however. The deal came with a Sheridan/PMI-1 direct feed with a 14" barrel.......in new condition, perfect shape. I can find NO evidence it ever shot paint, absolutely zero residue anywhere inside or out.

heh heh heeeeh :clap:

Lenny
12-22-2006, 02:35 AM
... And what makes Splatmasters so special? They are indeed cool history wise, but are all too common. In fact, "Wanna buy my Splatmaster?" is one of the most common phrases said on MCB.

It's cool that it was free, though.

Arstron
12-22-2006, 08:17 AM
I havnt played with mine in a few months, but I do enjoy playing with my splatmaster from time to time. Its alot of fun to use it in a game of speedball. :dance:

Warwitch
12-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Nice! Damn, I havent seen a Splatster in like 10 years! :clap:

JOESPUD27
12-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Nice Splatmaster! Play Airball with it...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/JOESPUD27/Paintball%20Oct%2015/000_0390.jpg

Jay

turbo chicken
12-22-2006, 12:07 PM
i want a splatty with a brass barrel ... who can do that???

i've played with one or two when i first started playing ... my uncle has been playing forever and has all kinds of cool stuff like that .... he won't give any of it up :(

Lenny
12-22-2006, 01:24 PM
i want a splatty with a brass barrel ... who can do that???
Kidney_Theif on MCB can do that! He also makes alluminum rails and an alluminum plunger with a velocity adjuster. Just plain cool. :D

HoppysMag
12-22-2006, 01:53 PM
... And what makes Splatmasters so special? They are indeed cool history wise, but are all too common. In fact, "Wanna buy my Splatmaster?" is one of the most common phrases said on MCB.

It's cool that it was free, though.
:eek: its a piece of paintball history. id take a splatmaster over any electro-wunder wizbang gun. except an Xmag. call me sentimental ( im really just xcited because i love old stuff like this. paintball guns, real guns, cars. the older the better)

now i gotta show my uncle what a nelsopt 007 and KP series look like :p

paint magnet
12-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Nice, the original plastic-bodied gun.

don miguel
12-22-2006, 04:54 PM
i don't understand why people like those?

gruntbull
12-22-2006, 04:56 PM
ahhh the Splatmaster, man I miss my days of playing with mine in the woods near Rossburg Ohio... Good times for sure, Ted and I would SPLIT a bag of 200 balls and play from 10-4 on Sundays and still have a few tubes left.

The good old days.

Nice find for sure. Still functional I take it?

HoppysMag
12-23-2006, 12:22 AM
ahhh the Splatmaster, man I miss my days of playing with mine in the woods near Rossburg Ohio... Good times for sure, Ted and I would SPLIT a bag of 200 balls and play from 10-4 on Sundays and still have a few tubes left.

The good old days.

Nice find for sure. Still functional I take it?

yup still works. used it in the back yard. trying to get a game this weekend to use it in. im hoping to get a stock lass game

LegumeOfTerror
12-23-2006, 12:28 AM
i have a splatmaster rapide, but it leaks... :( anyone know where to get bits for em or a labeled diagram?

fire1811
12-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Because its older than you.

Simply put its paintball history.

If you never experienced a pump game you need to try it. One of the best paintball experiences I ever had.

Madmarx
12-23-2006, 08:19 AM
After reading all the posts I went and dug mine out of the closet.
Mine was a field rental gun.
The number stamped in the side is A 2279.
I haven't used it in years. I think I'll tear it down this weekend and see how the insides look.
A vintage piece of pb history like this must be worth a fortune!! :rolleyes:
E-bay here I come!!

bentothejam1n
12-23-2006, 12:24 PM
i dont understand why you still post here :D
are you going to dday?

Lenny
12-23-2006, 01:45 PM
:eek: its a piece of paintball history. id take a splatmaster over any electro-wunder wizbang gun. except an Xmag. call me sentimental ( im really just xcited because i love old stuff like this. paintball guns, real guns, cars. the older the better)

now i gotta show my uncle what a nelsopt 007 and KP series look like :p
I know what you mean about sentimental-ness. I came in at the beginning of the electro age and am in love with the "older" electros. Things like Angel LCD's, Defiants, Bushmaster LCD's, Rainmakers, Shockers, etc., are just so cool to me. But Ego's? Eh... Ion? Eh... I don't really care for them that much.

Good luck on convincing him to shell out for a KP! :D (And if he does, get me one! :ninja: )

I personally don't think they're all that special, but they are really fun to putz around with. I've had many fun games with mine.

SSP-SheiK
12-23-2006, 09:01 PM
darn im an old foggy.... nice splatmaster

ricwhic414
12-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Im not old but that was my first marker was a gift from my uncle... I still have it its green and has some camo tape for a little extra grip... Its a sweet marker