PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Sticks?? Help

Greg2230
12-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Hi, I just bought an automag on ebay and went to test fire it and it fires but leaks or gets stuck open when you dont press the trigger all the way. The trigger is a benchmark two finger trigger. It's kind of confusing but im talking about when pulling the trigger or letting it go it gets stuck in between being open or closed. It kind of lets air out until I press it back in or out. I really need to fix this. Do you think just oiling it up would work? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks -Greg-

FARMER00
12-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi, I just bought an automag on ebay and went to test fire it and it fires but leaks or gets stuck open when you dont press the trigger all the way. The trigger is a benchmark two finger trigger. It's kind of confusing but im talking about when pulling the trigger or letting it go it gets stuck in between being open or closed. It kind of lets air out until I press it back in or out. I really need to fix this. Do you think just oiling it up would work? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks -Greg-

maybe not enough pressure? there may not be enought pressure to completly recock the gun. or crank the velosity WWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY up and dryfire and see what happens

ghostdog2019
12-22-2006, 10:11 AM
What valve is it and does it have a level 10? Let us know what were working with and we should be able to help you out here.

Thanks
-Mike Brothman

Greg2230
12-22-2006, 02:16 PM
I really dont know much about mags. I am new to them. I do not think it has a level 10. It does have a PMI Perfect Charger. Im wondering if it could just be that it need oil? I really need help. Thanks -Greg-

athomas
12-27-2006, 03:29 PM
First thing to do with a new second hand mag is to get an oring kit, take the valve apart, and clean it and inspect all the orings as it goes back together. Replace bad orings as needed.

Your problem could be as simple as replacing the bolt spring. A weak bolt spring can cause the bolt to stick and cause the trigger to go limp.