PDA

View Full Version : No star minimag?

Ir0nExpress
12-24-2006, 02:27 PM
I recently reaquired a minimag after I mistakenly traded it away. This one was a seemingly good deal, till I got the gun and realized there wasn't any stars on it at all
(not even marked off), it was just a minimag (old old version, the field strip screw doesnt even have a hole for an allen key). Shoots like a charm but I haven't chrono'd it yet.

The one thought I had in mind was that it could be a possible rental? If it's a rental, it's a damn clean one!

Thanks for your help!

CONFIRMEDKILL
12-24-2006, 03:52 PM
What, exactly, are you asking?

txaggie08
12-24-2006, 03:59 PM
I have a pre-star valve sitting upstairs. Stars are a relativley new deal BTW, i think thats what youra skig about anyway....

Ir0nExpress
12-24-2006, 05:48 PM
I was just wondering if it was a rental, apparently it's not. I was just afraid of the whole rental mags, because I remembered reading bout them and that they're unable to reach higher then 250 FPS unless modified.

spectre184
12-24-2006, 09:41 PM
I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that if the valve is a rental it will be stamped on there some where.

My AM valve has no stars and it's serial number is low 10k's. I dunno when they started doing star program.

spike_ball999
12-24-2006, 09:47 PM
I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that if the valve is a rental it will be stamped on there some where.

My AM valve has no stars and it's serial number is low 10k's. I dunno when they started doing star program.

My valve is even a CF11k and it doesn't have stars. Still shoots great though!

Jaan
12-25-2006, 02:36 AM
All 'Mags used to have a lifetime warranty, so no stars were required. That's one of the reasons I bought a 'Mag in the first place. After a while they decided not to honor the old warranties, and started the whole stars thing.

PumpMag
12-25-2006, 03:06 AM
Iron - it means you have a lower serial number....

Which means it's an earlier produced run.

As stated earlier, Lifetime Warranty until a few years ago. Now they punch a star if you send in for repairs.

A single star gun would cost less than a 4 star gun.

1 free repair vs. 4 free repairs.