PDA

View Full Version : Have to sell the E-mag, what gun to get next......

cyrus-the-virus
12-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Well because of the avalability of air around here I have to sell my E-mag to anouther marker that won't freeze up every 2 shot's on A/S CO2.

Problum is nothing really compairs to my E-mag.... I've tried about 2 dozen diffrent kinds of markers and nothing seems to "fit" quite as nice as the E-mag does.

The trigger on my mag is butta smooth and micro swich gun's just dont feels as smooth. I haven't had a chance to try out an optical trigger yet but those are few and far between.

anyone got any suggestions? What did you move onto when you moved on from mags?

Thanks

Cy

Lenny
12-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Well, my first gun was a Spyder. My second gun was a Spyder. After my second Spyder, I decided to look for something better. Something higher end. That's when I picked up my fiirst 'Mag.

I was an idiot and sold that thing. Bench frame, classic valve, tuned lvl 10. It rocked.

From that, I "upgraded" to a 'Cocker.
Then a custom built 'Cocker.
Then to a Gen-E Matrix
Then back to a 'Cocker.
Then to a Defiant 2.
Then to another classic 'Mag
Then to a Shocker SFT.

And after all that "upgrading", I'm back to a 'Mag (well, a soon-to-be EP 'Mag).

Really, keep the EMag and get nitrogen. 'Mags are just too good to get rid of. Seriously.

craltal
12-26-2006, 10:51 PM
He said he can't readily get air there so "buy an air tank" isn't an option. I really wish people would read...

Are you looking mech or electro?

Eagle
12-26-2006, 10:51 PM
you put co2 through an emag?!?

cyrus-the-virus
12-26-2006, 10:54 PM
you put co2 through an emag?!?

Classic valve, I wouldent dream of putting it through an X-valve.

Electro preferably.

CoolHand
12-26-2006, 11:04 PM
The marker you seek is made by AKA.

Either a Viking or an Excalibur.

Anything that will function at sub 500 psi reliably will function just fine off of regulated CO2.

That puts you into a great many electro markers.

If you want to run CO2 reliably you will want to pre-regulate it just like you would HPA. Buy a female stabilizer or a manifold type MaxFlo (the older ones that look like a "Z"), and couple that with a good anti-siphon CO2 tank. Set the primary reg that the tank screws into at about 450 psi, and then set the velocity of the marker with the secondary vert reg that the marker normally comes with.

It works like a champ. I've run every high end marker I've owned off of CO2 at one time or another, without a single problem.

When you live in the sticks like we do, you gots to make adjustments. :ninja:

Richter
12-26-2006, 11:07 PM
1.used excalibur double regged with one of the regs being a stabalizer. smooth as butter people say some of the most effiecient marker on air.

2.viking same as the above

3. Newer WAS boarded electric tippmann with the anti chop bolt. it's a sear tripper that would love co2.

4. palmer pursuit e-blazer

olinar
12-26-2006, 11:07 PM
ive got an etac and a 98 custom.i love my etac but i love to use my 98 as well.not the same feel but its very rough n rugged and is a relly great gun out the box.the custom pro can be made electroinc so you could look into that as well.

craltal
12-27-2006, 12:04 AM
The marker you seek is made by AKA.

Either a Viking or an Excalibur.

Anything that will function at sub 500 psi reliably will function just fine off of regulated CO2.

That puts you into a great many electro markers.

If you want to run CO2 reliably you will want to pre-regulate it just like you would HPA. Buy a female stabilizer or a manifold type MaxFlo (the older ones that look like a "Z"), and couple that with a good anti-siphon CO2 tank. Set the primary reg that the tank screws into at about 450 psi, and then set the velocity of the marker with the secondary vert reg that the marker normally comes with.

It works like a champ. I've run every high end marker I've owned off of CO2 at one time or another, without a single problem.

When you live in the sticks like we do, you gots to make adjustments. :ninja:

QFT

Chronobreak
12-27-2006, 01:14 AM
waddya think this is?

AO? :ninja:

i am not sure how well if any better or worse a mini would function on co2 but thats a consideration since the trigger should be similar to the e-mag...

maybe you should stick to mech mode on the e-mag and get a classic valve or something... :ninja:

imo you wouldnt notice a difference if you swapped valves, atleast not likely ;)

ive used everything else, and decided on a mech(unassisted) for my final gun to date :D

although some trigger assistances are tempting :shooting:

senghing27
12-27-2006, 03:19 AM
CCI Phantom.. Nuff said.

turbo chicken
12-27-2006, 07:39 AM
i'm really curious... where do you live/play where there isn't air ...

i'd say just get a classic valve... put the on off in it ... set it at 13BPS and have at it ... keep the emag valve when air does become more available...

it may even be worth it to invest in a scuba tank ... even if you have to travel to get it filled ... that way you can fill your own air ...

personally i'd get the classic valve first (cheapest option) then eventually the scuba tank ... if you find someone to split the cost of the scuba tank if could be an affordable option also.

GT
12-27-2006, 09:27 AM
All good posts.

If you have the coin go AKA. Palmer female stab as an ASA and then run it to the 'winder.

Might I also suggest an old school shocker. I have never owned a gun that has been more consistant, and I ran it off of a single reg with no anti-siphon.

Triangle
12-27-2006, 09:39 AM

You are obviously lying.

craltal
12-27-2006, 09:59 AM
You are obviously lying.

Um. Yeah. Sure he is. :rolleyes:
Quit stirring the pot. Don hasn't even posted in this thread yet.

Warwitch
12-27-2006, 11:32 AM
I also have a DC Viking and its the smoothest gun Ive ever had. But distinctly different feel and balance than a Mag.

Arstron
12-27-2006, 11:40 AM
There have been a couple of people go from x/emags to the fusion and found them comfortable. They are ballanced well, lighter then an emag, and gets 1500+ shots off of a 68/4500 tank. Just another option to look at.

A-Tach-One
12-27-2006, 11:51 AM
There have been a couple of people go from x/emags to the fusion and found them comfortable. They are ballanced well, lighter then an emag, and gets 1500+ shots off of a 68/4500 tank. Just another option to look at.
But does it shoot with Co2? Cause the lack of HPA is why he is selling the EMag.

I would probably say go for a Viking. :cheers:

rkjunior303
12-27-2006, 11:51 AM
guys.

the whole point is he doesnt have access to HPA. he needs a marker that will run on CO2.

listen to coolhand.

Arstron
12-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Replace the stock reg with a stabalizer and you wont have any problems shooting with co2, the operating preasure is between 225 and 300 psi. (most people run them at 250). I just wouldnt recomend running it on one of the 20 or 25bps settings. Strait semi should be fine, but I couldnt say for sure about 15 bps without trying it. I think I might pick me up a stab to try it out though. :D

shotbirdsfallin
12-27-2006, 12:56 PM
buy a PIlot ACS and up it like crazy ^_^

turbo chicken
12-27-2006, 01:24 PM

^^^you can't go wrong with a cheap spyder slap a reg on it and call it a day ...

cyrus-the-virus
12-27-2006, 06:11 PM

If there is one gun I can't stand it's spyders and 98 customs....

going_home
12-27-2006, 06:42 PM
If there is one gun I can't stand it's spyders and 98 customs....

Hunt down a 114 4500 maybe and keep the mag.
Not my auction but theres one on Ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Max-flo-regulator-and-Tank-114-4500-older-style_W0QQitemZ220064638687QQihZ012QQcategoryZ3628 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cyrus-the-virus
12-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Hunt down a 114 4500 maybe and keep the mag.
Not my auction but theres one on Ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Max-flo-regulator-and-Tank-114-4500-older-style_W0QQitemZ220064638687QQihZ012QQcategoryZ3628 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

those things are huge!!! I think I'll stick with my macdev 68/45 conquest....

I'm a small guy...

paintballfiend
12-27-2006, 08:58 PM
How about an Imp?

RRfireblade
12-27-2006, 08:58 PM
If you love your Emag so much then I'd say . . .

Buy a tank . . . Scuba that is. You have to have a dive shop somewhere around no ?

$100 for a used tank , $35 fill station , $3- $5 fill , gotta last you at least a couple weeks of play.

Not going to get any other marker for that little investment.

cyrus-the-virus
12-27-2006, 09:09 PM
If you love your Emag so much then I'd say . . .

Buy a tank . . . Scuba that is. You have to have a dive shop somewhere around no ?

$100 for a used tank , $35 fill station , $3- $5 fill , gotta last you at least a couple weeks of play.

Not going to get any other marker for that little investment.

Scuba tank lease: $75 a year or $9 a month (won't fill anything but their own tanks)
Scuba fill: $75 per fill (they don't have a compressor)
Fill station: $30 (yay ebay)

Paying almost $15 per fill: Priceless

I already looked into that and it just costs WAY too much. I love me E-mag but not that much.

I get 3-4 20lb CO2 tank fills for the price of 1 scuba tank fill.

RRfireblade
12-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Scuba tank lease: $75 a year or $9 a month (won't fill anything but their own tanks)
Scuba fill: $75 per fill (they don't have a compressor)
Fill station: $30 (yay ebay)

Paying almost $15 per fill: Priceless

I already looked into that and it just costs WAY too much. I love me E-mag but not that much.

I get 3-4 20lb CO2 tank fills for the price of 1 scuba tank fill.

???

You can "purchase" a used HP scuba , 80ci @ 3400 psi for around $100 at any legitiamte dive shop or Ebay for that matter.

The same legitimate dive shop should will fill at an average of $1- $2 max per 1000 psi.

Your talking a one time investment of $130-150 max and maybe $5 per fill once or twice a month even with an Emag unless your playing all day every weekend.

I've gotten fill all around the country for those prices. All thats left after that is VIS inspections at 20-25 once a year.

RRfireblade
12-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Or is that what that dive shop is telling you ?

They won't fill a customers tank ? That's completely insane and they should be made aware of that. :ninja:

DaveA
12-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Get an SFT shocker and go remote. SFT will work with co2, but you need to make sure no liquid gets in, just like a mag.

CoolHand
12-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Or is that what that dive shop is telling you ?

They won't fill a customers tank ? That's completely insane and they should be made aware of that. :ninja:

That's not that uncommon around here actually.

What dive shops there are here in the "middle" charge so much for everything they do that a local who dives often actually bought a compressor for less than he was spending on air in a year.

We too found it to be more economical to purchase a 3700 psi Davey compressor than to buy, maintain, and fill a fleet of scuba tanks large enough to keep our group in HPA for a day of play.

AND, on the upside, we're nearly a self contained tournament series now. Just need to find me the spare cash to buy an Ultimate Air field and we'll have it.

Huzzah!

:headbang:

punkncat
12-27-2006, 10:25 PM
The viking, as good as it is...I own one, is a bit heavy. They generally don't need work, but if it does and you are not inclined to do it yourself it can be troublesome. With what appears to be the slow fade away of AKA I find myself wondering what future it has. I am not as familiar with the grass roots support for them, such as is available for the mag.

There are many markers that you could look into with the air set up right. As Ryan mentioned almost any marker than operates well below 400ish PSI will have no problems with CO2 set up correctly. This brings to mind many older and fine shooting pieces of equipment.

As a side note you had mentioned using your emag with a classic valve. If you have an on/off that works correctly in E mode, why not just set it up for proper CO2 usage and roll with it?
Classic valves can handle CO2.....

glickstue
12-28-2006, 12:08 AM
I know it's been said before but I'll say it again, any of the Smart Parts guns can be run on CO2 with an anti-siphon tube. SFT Shockers, Ions and Impulses can be found online for dirt cheap. Youshould really take a close look at a Shocker if you want to keep the single tube mag feel. :cheers:

rkjunior303
12-28-2006, 12:41 AM
The viking, as good as it is...I own one, is a bit heavy. They generally don't need work, but if it does and you are not inclined to do it yourself it can be troublesome. With what appears to be the slow fade away of AKA I find myself wondering what future it has. I am not as familiar with the grass roots support for them, such as is available for the mag.

trust me, AKA support isn't going away soon. And for the price you could get if you were to PART OUT your e-mag, you can find a DC Viking which is milled down to next to nothing.

turbo chicken
12-28-2006, 07:34 AM
ok im hijacking the thread ....

is there a mech AKA marker??? i dislike batteries :argh:

GT
12-28-2006, 09:37 AM
ok im hijacking the thread ....

is there a mech AKA marker??? i dislike batteries :argh:

Merlin, some Works cockers were made with Merlin bodies, and Revenges. I think you can still purchase merlin's good luck finding the other two.

GT
12-28-2006, 09:45 AM
We too found it to be more economical to purchase a 3700 psi Davey compressor than to buy, maintain, and fill a fleet of scuba tanks large enough to keep our group in HPA for a day of play.

I've looked at this option in the past, but I dont have the will to fork over 3-7k on a new compressor. Do you guys have any suggestions for good used compressors? We don't need the same quality of air that a scuba shop does, so I am wondering if there are inexpensive alternatives out there.

RRfireblade
12-28-2006, 09:54 AM
That's not that uncommon around here actually.

What dive shops there are here in the "middle" charge so much for everything they do that a local who dives often actually bought a compressor for less than he was spending on air in a year.

AND, on the upside, we're nearly a self contained tournament series now. Just need to find me the spare cash to buy an Ultimate Air field and we'll have it.

Huzzah!

:headbang:

Hmm , that's crazy to me. I Dive all over and could imagine going into a dive shop and getting told I have to lease one of their tanks and pay $75 a fill.

Oh well , back to plan b then. :)

rkjunior303
12-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Hmm , that's crazy to me. I Dive all over and could imagine going into a dive shop and getting told I have to lease one of their tanks and pay $75 a fill.

Oh well , back to plan b then. :)

It sounds more like they were talking about a bulk cylinder.

gibby
12-28-2006, 11:31 AM
The only marker I ever considered using if my emag wasn't an option....my DC Viking.

psychowarden
12-28-2006, 11:40 AM

I am one of those people. Cyrus, I'm sending you a PM right now :cheers:

Pneumagger
12-28-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm with Jay... Just get a bulk tank.

Other than that get an AKA Viking and female stab and antisyphon for about $450. That will be just fine.

Personally, I've had my eye on Spyder VS2 just for a fun little toy. Light, plenty fast enough, eyes, and now with LP balanced valve and alot less kick. I'm going to hold off on buying new markers untill I save up for a nice small mill... but after that I suspect a VS2 will be next gun.

cyrus-the-virus
12-28-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm with Jay... Just get a bulk tank.

Other than that get an AKA Viking and female stab and antisyphon for about $450. That will be just fine.

Personally, I've had my eye on Spyder VS2 just for a fun little toy. Light, plenty fast enough, eyes, and now with LP balanced valve and alot less kick. I'm going to hold off on buying new markers untill I save up for a nice small mill... but after that I suspect a VS2 will be next gun.

The shop I'm talking about isen't really a dive shop and they don't actually fill the tanks at their facility, they send their tanks to one of their brances over in spokane (2-3 hour drive) to be filled. which is why I can't take my own tank in to get filled.

Trust me I've called every place within a 50 mile raduis searching for comp air. I heard rumor's of some place opening up that would have HPA compressor, but I haven't been able to confirm it.

The only SP gun I would even consider is an ion, and even then most of the part's would be replaced :P shockers are ugly and should just be murdered on sight.

AKA gun's are nice, but I don't have the cash to get it milled by DC let alone buy one from someone.

Psyco I PM'ed you back, lookin forward to shooting that son of a mother. ;)

glickstue
12-28-2006, 09:49 PM
The shop I'm talking about isen't really a dive shop and they don't actually fill the tanks at their facility, they send their tanks to one of their brances over in spokane (2-3 hour drive) to be filled. which is why I can't take my own tank in to get filled.

Trust me I've called every place within a 50 mile raduis searching for comp air. I heard rumor's of some place opening up that would have HPA compressor, but I haven't been able to confirm it.

The only SP gun I would even consider is an ion, and even then most of the part's would be replaced :P shockers are ugly and should just be murdered on sight.

AKA gun's are nice, but I don't have the cash to get it milled by DC let alone buy one from someone.

Psyco I PM'ed you back, lookin forward to shooting that son of a mother. ;)

What parts do you feel must be replaced on the Ion? I've got a pair of them running with all stock internals for almost two years now.

cyrus-the-virus
12-28-2006, 09:59 PM
What parts do you feel must be replaced on the Ion? I've got a pair of them running with all stock internals for almost two years now.

Well actually mainly just the uppers. the firing can, bolt and whatnot for better effeciency.

rkjunior303
12-28-2006, 11:50 PM
if you were to part your e-mag, you could get enough to buy a used DC Vike.

glickstue
12-29-2006, 01:05 AM
I'm not so keen on sacrificing reliability for marginally better efficiency. It's not like an emag is a efficiency king, I doubt you would see any appreciable difference in efficiency between an emag and an Ion. If you want the best efficiency with co2 then you should get a spyder or a spyder clone but making the switch from and emag to a spyder would be quite a step.

CoolHand
12-29-2006, 01:40 AM
I'm not so keen on sacrificing reliability for marginally better efficiency. It's not like an emag is a efficiency king, I doubt you would see any appreciable difference in efficiency between an emag and an Ion. If you want the best efficiency with co2 then you should get a spyder or a spyder clone but making the switch from and emag to a spyder would be quite a step.

What are you talking about?

If anything, a Viking is MORE reliable than a Mag, E or otherwise.

Also, I dunno where you got the idea that a Spyder will be more efficient than a Viking or a properly tuned 'cocker. I've got a FreeFlow here that runs on CO2 exclusively, and it gets well over a case off a 20 oz tank. I run it off a 68 Cu tank, and that will shoot a case and a half easily if you get a full fill on it. I've never seen a Spyder get close to that.

If you sell your Emag just to buy a Spyder (or any STBB) you'll kick yourself for as long as you own the marker. That's like running out of Coke deciding to get a sex change operation. There is no reason to go ape **** here, it's just a matter of finding a marker you like that operates correctly with an input pressure under 450 psi.

A classic valved EMag is marginal at best on CO2, I know, I built one. I was less than impressed.

CO2 is fine in a mech classic, but the EClassic just shoots too damned fast too keep the liquid out.

Triangle
12-29-2006, 01:49 AM

Also, I dunno where you got the idea that a Spyder will be more efficient than a Viking or a properly tuned 'cocker. I've got a FreeFlow here that runs on CO2 exclusively, and it gets well over a case off a 20 oz tank. I run it off a 68 Cu tank, and that will shoot a case and a half easily if you get a full fill on it. I've never seen a Spyder get close to that.

Inernerts rule 47. Dont argue with the idiots. It means they win.

cyrus-the-virus
12-29-2006, 03:19 AM
Inernerts rule 47. Dont argue with the idiots. It means they win.

Ain't that the truth. I'm glad don hasen't been in here.....

scion
12-29-2006, 08:25 AM

I think he was talking about the Ion's reliability and efficiency.

If you sell your Emag just to buy a Spyder (or any STBB) you'll kick yourself for as long as you own the marker. That's like running out of Coke deciding to get a sex change operation. lololol There is no reason to go ape **** here, it's just a matter of finding a marker you like that operates correctly with an input pressure under 450 psi.

A classic valved EMag is marginal at best on CO2, I know, I built one. I was less than impressed.

CO2 is fine in a mech classic, but the EClassic just shoots too damned fast too keep the liquid out.

:)

Triangle
12-29-2006, 08:52 AM
Um. Yeah. Sure he is. :rolleyes:
Quit stirring the pot. Don hasn't even posted in this thread yet.

Good job catching the sarcasm, Smart guy.
We need more pople like you on AO.

craltal
12-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Good job catching the sarcasm, Smart guy.
We need more pople like you on AO.

Somebody that posts useful information rather than needles scathing posts making fun of people? Yes, this forum needs more people like me.

Given your post history I was unsure of your intentions. At least my sarcastic comment was followed by the :rolleyes:

I'm not don, quit taking things so personally.

/end

FA22RaptorF22
12-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Cyrus, why dont you just get a nice reg, like a stabilizer and run it through the classic valve? That would be economical and you could keep the mag.

craltal
12-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Cyrus, why dont you just get a nice reg, like a stabilizer and run it through the classic valve? That would be economical and you could keep the mag.

he's still going to have issues with the CO2 and having enough pressure to run the gun at higher ROF off of CO2, which is why he's thinking about a gun that runs below 450psi instead of over 650.

glickstue
12-29-2006, 01:07 PM

If you sell your Emag just to buy a Spyder (or any STBB) you'll kick yourself for as long as you own the marker. That's like running out of Coke deciding to get a sex change operation. There is no reason to go ape **** here, it's just a matter of finding a marker you like that operates correctly with an input pressure under 450 psi.

I never said anything about vikings, I have no experience with them. I also implied that it wouldn't be a good idea to switch from the emag to a spyder. I would never expect in a million years that somone would be happy with that trade.

FA22RaptorF22
12-29-2006, 01:19 PM
he's still going to have issues with the CO2 and having enough pressure to run the gun at higher ROF off of CO2, which is why he's thinking about a gun that runs below 450psi instead of over 650.

Ah, good point.

Get a tippy lol, they run off liquid :headbang:

cyrus-the-virus
12-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Ah, good point.

Get a tippy lol, they run off liquid :headbang:

So far this thread has had about 7 usefull post's in it.

I've already said I hate tippmann's so... yeah

etjoyride
12-29-2006, 07:33 PM
I know you said you don't like tippys, but i have seen some tippys with Ego frames (boards and internals), that were LP and were amazing. If you don't like that then go with a viking i say.

wjr
12-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Have Blazers already been brought up?

Edit: An e-blazer that is.

cyrus-the-virus
12-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Have Blazers already been brought up?

Edit: An e-blazer that is.

I woulden't mind having an E-blazer but they are hella expensive, and I would love a viking but they are pretty hefty unless DC milled.

I don't like the length of tippmann's, just WAY to long. It feel's like snap shooting with an barret M82

Not to mention the 50 billion skrew's.....

craltal
12-30-2006, 10:04 AM
I woulden't mind having an E-blazer but they are hella expensive, and I would love a viking but they are pretty hefty unless DC milled.

I don't like the length of tippmann's, just WAY to long. It feel's like snap shooting with an barret M82

Not to mention the 50 billion skrew's.....

Viking really aren't that heavy. I own an excal which is heavier and don't really notice the extra weight. We are talking about an emag and that battery sure isn't featherweight.

CoolHand
12-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Viking really aren't that heavy. I own an excal which is heavier and don't really notice the extra weight. We are talking about an emag and that battery sure isn't featherweight.

Indeed.

Coming from an Emag with a Classic valve, the step to an unmilled '04 should actually REMOVE some weight.

Find you one and play a few games with it, you'll never notice the weight. The balance with a Viking is excellent, and you're used to playing with a heavier marker anyway.

Pneumagger
12-30-2006, 03:21 PM
I would definately take the mat that an Unmilled '04 weighs less than a Standard Emag with Classic Valve.

Get the viking. You'll cream yourself.

AZ_09
12-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Yah, id say go with the viking,

Or, if you can, keep the emag for times when you can use compressed air(or can you not use compressed air at all?), and get a impulse, they are cheap. Plus people on pbnation "say" they've run imps for years on antisiphon co2 with no problems. Imps have that valve that will blow if pressure is too high.

cyrus-the-virus
12-31-2006, 09:06 PM
I"ve shot a viking before, the ballnce was really off compaired to the E-mag... IMO

it was an 03 halfmilled I belive

And I have an E-maxx valve on my E-mag not a classic.

CoolHand
12-31-2006, 11:23 PM
I"ve shot a viking before, the ballnce was really off compaired to the E-mag... IMO

it was an 03 halfmilled I belive

And I have an E-maxx valve on my E-mag not a classic.

That'd be because you got used to shooting that front heavy EMag.

Of course the perfectly balanced Viking is going to feel funny.

;)

turbo chicken
01-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Merlin, some Works cockers were made with Merlin bodies, and Revenges. I think you can still purchase merlin's good luck finding the other two.

k still hijacking ... so from what i can tell AKA isn't making these markers anymore ... i got to get one used ... can't find one ... what's the price range for a Merlin???

ok im confused ... i have to buy a body and build one from scratch???

ewww a merlin is a cocker ... I was thinking AKA Mech blowback.

craltal
01-02-2007, 12:47 PM
k still hijacking ... so from what i can tell AKA isn't making these markers anymore ... i got to get one used ... can't find one ... what's the price range for a Merlin???

they made a handful of Spyders but good luck finding one somebody's willing to part with

turbo chicken
01-02-2007, 01:05 PM
they made a handful of Spyders but good luck finding one somebody's willing to part with

thanks ... after much deliberation ive abandoned my pneu project for something i'm more familar with (LP Blowback)... i got excited thinking that there was a blowback with tight tolerances and better quality controlls than the choices I have now...

GT
01-02-2007, 01:14 PM

Merlin is indeed a cocker. I think they still make these bodies or still have them instock. Good luck on finding the blow back model. When I considering buying a used one 3 years, they were painfully rare then, they went for upwards of 300 bucks.

There was a guy on pbn, superbugman I think, that had 15-50 really high quality vertfeed spyder bodies made. I can't remeber if they were slim or fatty strilers.

Check FBM, I thought they made a few. I am not sure of thier quality.

GT
01-02-2007, 01:18 PM

Kinda agree/disagree. Although the viking is faster and more efficient, do you know anyone who still sells tool kits? Part of the aka problem is the going to be the lack of good parts when things wear down. Any place to source a ram? Atleast an emag shares a number of functional parts with other mags. Besides when the electro brakes down all it takes is a flip of the switch to get back in biz.

IF I were you I would just buy a cocker with a good reg setup and forget it.

Pneumagger
01-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Kinda agree/disagree. Although the viking is faster and more efficient, do you know anyone who still sells tool kits? Part of the aka problem is the going to be the lack of good parts when things wear down. Any place to source a ram? Atleast an emag shares a number of functional parts with other mags. Besides when the electro brakes down all it takes is a flip of the switch to get back in biz.

IF I were you I would just buy a cocker with a good reg setup and forget it.

Destructive Customs does full rebuilds and replacements of AKA cartridges. Akalmp also sells toolkits and LPR tuning kits. In fact, just a few months ago I purchased some parts from them to upgrade my viking. Then I sent that vike to DC for some love. I assure you if your viking breaks, either you or DC will be able to fix it.
---> http://www.akalmp.com/store.htm
---> http://www.destructivecustoms.com/service

To my knowlege, the only Viking part that is extinct are the '03 eye covers... which warped sports is planning to reproduce.

The Viking will require less tuning and maintenence than any Emag. They will break down less, and there are places to buy replacement parts, spare parts, tools, and online forums for assistence.

Performance and reliability wise.... Viking/Ecalibur > Emag in all situations

turbo chicken
01-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Merlin is indeed a cocker. I think they still make these bodies or still have them instock. Good luck on finding the blow back model. When I considering buying a used one 3 years, they were painfully rare then, they went for upwards of 300 bucks.

There was a guy on pbn, superbugman I think, that had 15-50 really high quality vertfeed spyder bodies made. I can't remeber if they were slim or fatty strilers.

Check FBM, I thought they made a few. I am not sure of thier quality.

still hijacking ....

FBM = too fancy for me... now that i'm thinking bout it i remember a Boblong body that came out around 2K I think it was called a millenium body... they were supposed to have tighter tolerances. Thanks for helping me get the gears turning ...

GT
01-02-2007, 03:49 PM
still hijacking ....

FBM = too fancy for me... now that i'm thinking bout it i remember a Boblong body that came out around 2K I think it was called a millenium body... they were supposed to have tighter tolerances. Thanks for helping me get the gears turning ...

They do and I've owned one. FYI Fatty strikers only.

Destructive Customs does full rebuilds and replacements of AKA cartridges. Akalmp also sells toolkits and LPR tuning kits. In fact, just a few months ago I purchased some parts from them to upgrade my viking. Then I sent that vike to DC for some love. I assure you if your viking breaks, either you or DC will be able to fix it.

Reread my post. Is AKA still making parts or is this leftover stock? You can still buy new Emags despite the fact that AGD no longer makes an emag. Personally I have had greater success with my emags than any of my vikings.

cyrus-the-virus
01-06-2007, 10:08 PM
They do and I've owned one. FYI Fatty strikers only.

Reread my post. Is AKA still making parts or is this leftover stock? You can still buy new Emags despite the fact that AGD no longer makes an emag. Personally I have had greater success with my emags than any of my vikings.

Emags and AKA markers are one in the same

just leftover stock.

AGD will eventually run out of E-mag lowers and boards. AKA will eventually run out of viking's and excall's.

Also psycho you really need to fix that LPR on your fusion ;)