PDA

View Full Version : PB in St. Louis

Farnja
12-27-2006, 03:57 AM
Anyone know of a good place to play on the weekends in St Louis year round? I am a student at Wash U and need to play! Thanks a lot!

3DSteve
12-27-2006, 10:03 AM
i would personnally recommend Xtreme Paintball Park in Milstadt, IL.
www.xtremepaintballpark.com
it's got good woodsball and good speedball, and generally a great group of people.
you should come out for the big game on Jan 14th.
if you live near campus it'll probably be a 25-30min drive

there is also gateway paintball www.gatewaypaintball.com
it's north near st. chaz rock rd. (big game on the 1st)

there is also bushwacker's (way out by six flags) and Wacky Warriors but i've never been to these two.

peace out

Chronobreak
12-27-2006, 01:33 PM
http://bushwackerspaintball.net/

im usualy up there, its more of the rec/scenario stuff

theres also the "cage" at bingshop which is currently being repaired ..i think

lots of people and fields around to play, you shouldnt have any problems

also check the AO-meet and great for some upcoming stuf in the area as well

JOESPUD27
12-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Xtreme, best place in STL.

I'm going to try out Gateway the 1st.

Jay

Farnja
12-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Gateway will be by far the most accessible for me (no car :( )...parts of their website seem to be down, anyone know the rates? FPO?

Thanks!

Skoad
12-28-2006, 06:58 PM
From last time i was there, good half year ago....

$15 field fee and all day air, can bring your own paint.

The good: usually people there, good mix too. OK field selection, hyperball is probably their best. Could be a lot better if they'd just put a bit more work into the place. People running it were cool, with exception to a ref or two. Store not too far away.

The bad: used to be helluva long time between games. Airball field was not inflated 3 out of 5 times I went. Woodsball fields are overgrown with those pricker bushes with the little spike balls, takes hours to get them all off you after a day of play (course thats a seasonal problem).

Oh, and there used to be a couple of 'teams' of kids age ranging 14-17 that thought they ran the place and refs/owners usually let them do whatever they want. Cutting in airline, taking over a field calling it their own for the day, the usual 'cool kid' stuff. Several times friends and I went, paid our field fee then found out airball wasn't being put up that day and some kids took over the hyperball field. So we just got our money back and left...usually ending up at Meremac Challenge or Xtreme if we felt like still playing.

Farnja
12-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out...

From last time i was there, good half year ago....

$15 field fee and all day air, can bring your own paint.

The good: usually people there, good mix too. OK field selection, hyperball is probably their best. Could be a lot better if they'd just put a bit more work into the place. People running it were cool, with exception to a ref or two. Store not too far away.

The bad: used to be helluva long time between games. Airball field was not inflated 3 out of 5 times I went. Woodsball fields are overgrown with those pricker bushes with the little spike balls, takes hours to get them all off you after a day of play (course thats a seasonal problem).

Oh, and there used to be a couple of 'teams' of kids age ranging 14-17 that thought they ran the place and refs/owners usually let them do whatever they want. Cutting in airline, taking over a field calling it their own for the day, the usual 'cool kid' stuff. Several times friends and I went, paid our field fee then found out airball wasn't being put up that day and some kids took over the hyperball field. So we just got our money back and left...usually ending up at Meremac Challenge or Xtreme if we felt like still playing.

wolf13
12-29-2006, 11:58 PM
I also HIGHLY reccomend stopping by Gforce paintball store in Fairview heights (not far from Xtreme really, which I also reccomend) if you have any intrest at all in classic guns. what he has on the walls and in the case are just a tip of the collection, but he has some interesting stuff and lots of stories.

I miss living there :(