PDA

View Full Version : Black Lexan Chimera panels

Piranti
12-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Yes I used a search and could not find who makes the nice shiney gloss black Lexan grip panels for Chimera frames... I am looking for a set.

Any help is appreciated.

Or if they are aluminium and annoed gloss black. Or whatever material they are..

behemoth
12-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Yes I used a search and could not find who makes the nice shiney gloss black Lexan grip panels for Chimera frames... I am looking for a set.

Any help is appreciated.

Or if they are aluminium and annoed gloss black. Or whatever material they are..

They're Aluminum.

They were made by RPG.

You can find a set in the BST section every once in a while, but they're not cheap.

::edit:: There were the lexan ones though, they were transparent blue/red/black, and had finger grooves in them, as well as "RPG" they weren't shiny though.

Piranti
12-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Darn means I am gonna be a long time in finding a nice set...... :(

Pneumagger
12-27-2006, 02:47 PM
They're Aluminum.

They were made by RPG.

You can find a set in the BST section every once in a while, but they're not cheap.

::edit:: There were the lexan ones though, they were transparent blue/red/black, and had finger grooves in them, as well as "RPG" they weren't shiny though.

were't those the Logic vert grips? They were rubber/polymer IIRC and I thought they were rapid prototyped.

Chronobreak
12-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Darn means I am gonna be a long time in finding a nice set...... :(

ex since GA devil has the molds for the grips :ninja:

rogue also says hes not making anymore alum grips due to lack of interest. With all the machinist here im sure if there was ENOUGH interest somone would be willing to make them.

Rudz
12-27-2006, 03:02 PM
pm him (http://automags.org/forums/member.php?u=17941)

i think hes done some nice sets of grips for members here, not real popular, but he has nice work..

etjoyride
12-27-2006, 03:51 PM
I remember those black aluminum grips. I had them on my classic valve'd chimra framed mag about 2-3 years ago. Only mag frame i ever bought new if i remember correctly. They were kinda of odd, but definitely nice.

luke
12-27-2006, 04:27 PM
I've said it probably a dozen times, someone loan me a frame and help put together a small pre-paid order and I'll do some. I've offered before, (many times) and it never panned out. All you have to do is put your money wher your mouth is and I'll make them for you. :D

Pneumagger
12-27-2006, 04:39 PM
I've said it probably a dozen times, someone loan me a frame and help put together a small pre-paid order and I'll do some. I've offered before, (many times) and it never panned out. All you have to do is put your money wher your mouth is and I'll make them for you. :D

I thought I just sent you a vert frame to work on. :rolleyes:
:rofl:

Chronobreak
12-27-2006, 04:43 PM

pneu wasnt that a logic frame?

the holes are slightly different btwn them, so metal grips might not fit both, but the wrap arounds stretch so they fit both fine....or so im told

Piranti
12-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Well if the hole pattern is identical to the tarantula and 90^ Angel frames maybe there is a wider market than just us poor old mag users with the wonderfull Chimera Frames =) Course those damned electro Angels need or use the windows for thier lcd displays.....

Pneumagger
12-27-2006, 04:57 PM
pneu wasnt that a logic frame?

the holes are slightly different btwn them, so metal grips might not fit both, but the wrap arounds stretch so they fit both fine....or so im told

You were told wrong then, as the holes are in the same spot... the screw holes on a logic vert frame are 6-32 and on a chimera they are 8-32. Grips for a chimera would work for a Logic... but not the other way around.

And it was a Chimera.

luke
12-27-2006, 05:31 PM

Too late, I had that frame for all of 2 hours before I sent it back to you. Funny thing is I did concider it, but I didn't really think they would sell. :p

luke
12-27-2006, 05:38 PM
I'll do a run if I can get 6-10 pre-paid orders. Price is $35. Colors would be Raw-Red-Blue-Black. I can do 2 or 3 tone powder coats for extra $.

But like I said I'll need a loaner frame.

I can fill the order in just a few weeks after it's a go.

going_home
12-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Angel Space Grips will work on both the RPG and Logic verts.

Not my auction but heres one :

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPACE-GRIPS-FOR-THE-ANGEL-IR3-Speed-A4-A4FLY_W0QQitemZ140068671209QQihZ004QQcategoryZ3628 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have bought some from him before. He must have a ton of them because its probably been
two years since I bought them and he still has some listed.

:tard:

Pneumagger
12-27-2006, 06:18 PM
You know what's funny... Both sets of Carbon Fiber verts I got didn't fit the Logic, RPG, or WDP frames :spit_take

GT
12-27-2006, 06:32 PM
or a karta body or w/e it may be and dont see it readily available(as most people want these days)

That is all AGD. Make some more sluggs dammit!