PDA

View Full Version : gruntbull anodizing

rifleman wi
12-27-2006, 03:50 PM
anyone have any experence or feedback for this company? ive seen some of their work on their website and on pbn and it looked very nice for the price. im looking for a place to do my emag, and since PK doesent do paintball anymore, i cant go to them. any feedback would be appreciated.. thanks

Lohman446
12-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Everyone who has ever said anything on this forum has been positive about it (and he posts from time to time here)

StygShore
12-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Have not even used their service, but in dealing with them the little I did and their efforts to get me to let them do the Nightmare mag correctly, I would deffinately recommend them to anyone I come across.

Styg

Pneumagger
12-27-2006, 04:50 PM
They are good. Their anodize coats are thick and I'v never heard complaints. Fast turnaround and easy to get ahold of. Until GBA came along, it was always 2/3 tradeoff between quality, cost, and turnaround. GBA gives all 3.

I had 2 markers done there. A third will be sent there when I'm building it for Lenny.

rifleman wi
12-27-2006, 05:54 PM
thanks for the quick replys guys, i think ill have them do my emag for me.. black and olive acidwash should look awsome :)

geekwarrior
12-27-2006, 05:56 PM
thanks for the quick replys guys, i think ill have them do my emag for me.. black and olive acidwash should look awsome :)

yes it will...post pics when you get it back :headbang:

Arstron
12-27-2006, 05:59 PM
GBA just polished and anodized my fusion and did an excelent job. These pictures do not do it justice, but it looks great in person (I will be getting more pictures to post up once I get some more parts in to finish this fusion).

http://www.fusionowners.org/fusion/IMG_0612.gif
http://www.fusionowners.org/fusion/IMG_0615.gif

rifleman wi
12-27-2006, 06:10 PM
GBA just polished and anodized my fusion and did an excelent job. These pictures do not do it justice, but it looks great in person (I will be getting more pictures to post up once I get some more parts in to finish this fusion).
http://www.fusionowners.org/fusion/IMG_0612.gif
http://www.fusionowners.org/fusion/IMG_0615.gif
that looks awsome :shooting:

Dewok82
12-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Great company to deal with - friendly sales people and obviously talented anodizers. They're definitely an asset to the paintball community.

However, if you're sending in any parts that are powdercoated, make sure you strip them yourself - or else they'll come back like this:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/badanno.jpg

The outside looks great. The insides still have peeling powdercoat.

When I asked about it they said stripping powdercoat messes up their blasting media, takes extra time, and incurs additional costs. I wish they had some disclaimer on their website or said something ahead of time. I would have gladly given them a Draino bath and stripped them myself. It also bothered me that they never contacted me about the extra costs involved (which I would have gladly paid) and just proceeded to do the job half way.

No big deal I guess - it's just the insides of a set of grip panels.

Overall, I would still highly recommend them for any of your paintball anodizing needs.

Glickman
12-28-2006, 02:56 AM
A+ Definately one to be on the top dealer list

rkjunior303
12-28-2006, 10:00 AM
I've heard GREAT.. I've also seen mediocre.. Some of the DC's that have come through Jared's shop seem to have been less than spectacular in terms of finish. I'm probably going to send my DC to todd to test them out.

gus13
12-28-2006, 01:03 PM

I would have gladly given them a Draino bath and stripped them myself.

I've never dealt with powdercoating, but is that really the best way to strip it? I was planning on sending my marker to Gruntball but the rail down is powdercoated so I guess I'll be stripping it before I send it!

Pneumagger
12-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Don't put it in drano... you'll ruin the surface of the aluminum and GBA will have to do even more prep work to it.

mobsterboy
12-28-2006, 01:25 PM
I've never dealt with powdercoating, but is that really the best way to strip it? I was planning on sending my marker to Gruntball but the rail down is powdercoated so I guess I'll be stripping it before I send it!

this man speaks the troof. You' be surprised what drano does to annoed, painted and powdercoated parts. Be careful tho, it will eat away at your rail too if you are not careful. I'm gonna test it before I confirm it, but I would say if you really wanted to give it a "bath", water down the drano a bit. Ive done it with a spyder bolt tho just to test, and it took the finish right off. All that was left came off when I rinsed the drano off the bolt. Best bet.... Drano bath, followed by a pressure washer shower to blast off any remaining "sludge" as that will be the state of the finish on it. A bit of buffing and polishing and it will be ready to go.

Confirm with Gruntbull that he can work with the finish it will have tho, because you dont wanna have to sand and polish a ule rail inside and out, trust me :ninja: