PDA

View Full Version : My brand new Tac-One...chopped! :O

GoldEagle
12-27-2006, 04:21 PM
So, it was the 2nd Day that I'd gone paintballing with my new Tac-One, and it chopped during a test fire! :cry: I fired a string of 3 balls, about 1 second apart each, and the 2nd ball I shot chopped. I'm not exactly sure where the chop was, but it definitely looks like a bolt chop: Paint all around my bolt, in my hopper's feedneck, and out the barrel. My hopper is gravity fed...is that why this happened? I was using Top Quality Paintball Store paint.

I finally got all of the paint out with about 15 paper towels, but I didn't know how to take the gun apart and didn't want to mess anything up, so I just stuck my finger through the barrel hole and feedneck and cleaned it all up, then testfired it to make sure any paint behind the bolt got out. Is there an online manual on how to take it apart, because none came with my gun. :(

Thanks
Adam

lasrsktr
12-27-2006, 04:42 PM
So, it was the 2nd Day that I'd gone paintballing with my new Tac-One, and it chopped during a test fire! :cry: I fired a string of 3 balls, about 1 second apart each, and the 2nd ball I shot chopped. I'm not exactly sure where the chop was, but it definitely looks like a bolt chop: Paint all around my bolt, in my hopper's feedneck, and out the barrel. My hopper is gravity fed...is that why this happened? I was using Top Quality Paintball Store paint.
I finally got all of the paint out with about 15 paper towels, but I didn't know how to take the gun apart and didn't want to mess anything up, so I just stuck my finger through the barrel hole and feedneck and cleaned it all up, then testfired it to make sure any paint behind the bolt got out. Is there an online manual on how to take it apart, because none came with my gun. :(

Thanks
Adam

I think thats your answer.... I was out playing yesterday... I had some extremely brittle paint and i chopped a lot of it... no big deal...

the gravity issue needs to be resolved.... and that could also played a large roll in your chopping of the paint....

To take apart the gun for cleaning.. degas,pull trigger, remove airline atached to valve, unscrew the field strip screw under the valve, pull out valve..... Pass squeege through the body and reassemble.

btw... I have an Egg i want to get rid of for 35 Shipped... pm me for information.

GoldEagle
12-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, it's definitely not the paint. The paint was some of the most expensive they had, only like 2 weeks old tops, and has been air conditioned for its entire "life", the shop I buy from has a guarantee that they AC all their paint and make sure it's in good condition.

To take apart the gun for cleaning.. degas,pull trigger, remove airline atached to valve, unscrew the field strip screw under the valve, pull out valve..... Pass squeege through the body and reassemble.
How do I remove the Airline attached to Valve?

Which is the field strip screw, the silver one under the gun or the black one on the side? Or am I thinking of the wrong things?

As for the Egg, no thanks, I'm a Ricochet fan myself, and don't care much for the style/shap of the eVLutions. I might get a Ricochet AK, but I don't like battery fed hopper. I was thinking of a Q-Loader too, but it's just way too much work/maintenance. Just another thing to go wrong.

-Adam

Pneumagger
12-27-2006, 04:55 PM
sounds to me like the second ball was damagedprior to shooting it. Be sure your foamie is in the bolt tip and the detent spring is stiff and screwed in all the way. If a ball rolls forward or back, the next ball in the stack gets clipped. The next ball has now been critically dmaged and will splooge all over you in a hissey-fit of angst.

Aside from that you may want to tune the antichop system and go to a longer spring.

To take the mag apart:
1) remove hopper
2) remove barrel
3) unscrew the big silver thumb frame screw on the back of the mag
4) wiggle the valve out. The bolt freely slides on that tube.

GoldEagle
12-27-2006, 05:01 PM
sounds to me like the second ball was damagedprior to shooting it. Be sure your foamie is in the bolt tip and the detent spring is stiff and screwed in all the way. If a ball rolls forward or back, the next ball in the stack gets clipped. The next ball has now been critically dmaged and will splooge all over you in a hissey-fit of angst.
I actually tested the Marker after the ball broke that night, And I shot about 100 rounds through it in my backyard, with no problems and some great distance and accuracy.

Pneumagger
12-27-2006, 05:05 PM
then it was your paintball. No matter how much money you spend on paint... there's always one bad one in the mix.

GoldEagle
12-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Alright, thanks. I've taken the marker apart, cleaned it and oiled it, and put it back together, but now something is jiggling inside. It's not the trigger, and the jiggling is coming from that area where there's the little screw on the right side of the marker that you pull out to strip it, and when you put it back in, the internals have to be in the right position so you can line up the screw with the hole; I believe those internals are gold-ish (Sorry, that's the best I can describe everything). I don't remember this slight jiggling before (happens when I tilt the gun from side to side), and it seems to shoot fine what do you think the problem is? :confused:

Pneumagger
12-27-2006, 06:21 PM
When ungassed the sear assembly is free to move. In dissassembling and lubing, You've just free'd the sear up to move easier - so that's a good thing.

The "gold" is actually an ultra hard cadmium plating BTW.

SR_matt
12-27-2006, 07:39 PM
with bad balls (to brittle) they will explode on the bolt and it looks like a chop but it is not.

if that was the only break you have on the bolt then it was probably a fluke ball.

from my experance the only hopper that will give consistant results and feeds well is a revy. halos/reloader bs are good and a close second but not as easy to maintain some times. pick up a nice older softshell revy. they feed and they have minimal problems (make suer its a softshell or pre brass eagle, they are very nice

-matt

Lobos
12-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Isn't premium expensive paint usually more brittle than cheaper paint? So that it has a higher chance of breaking when it hits its target?

Pneumagger
12-28-2006, 07:27 PM
if you just freeze the paintballs, you don't gotta worry

Lobos
12-28-2006, 07:50 PM
hmm, not a bad idea.

Won't have to worry about chops, but you'll HAVE to worry about that guy that seems to be pissed after you hit him :mad:

Frozen balls are no joke :nono:

SR_matt
12-28-2006, 07:52 PM
^^ too bad no paint that is any better than wal mart crap will freez solid (best you can get with others is icecream consistancy and then teh shells are to brittle to do anything)

-matt

Pneumagger
12-28-2006, 07:59 PM
You just need to use liquid Nitrogen.

SR_matt
12-28-2006, 08:02 PM
wow,

how much does that change the ball size?

-matt