PDA

View Full Version : Funny story....

Piranti
12-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Well I am playing recball at HSP (Hollywood Sports Paintball). The refs get done with thier briefing (they do it before each and every game), everyone is at the starting points the refs then allow us to take our barrel condoms off, but not shoot till they blow the whistle to start the game.

Well of course alot of people start to fire thier markers making a bloody racket. They shoot the corrugated steel sheets from 5-10 feet away making anything the refs say or blowing of the whistle inaudable. So since I want to hear when the game starts, and of course follow the rules I tell a twat with an Angel to stop firing so we can hear the start of the game. Of course the wanker gets all hot and bothered that someone told him what to do and came back with a lame excuse of, get ready for it your gonna laugh....."I need to make sure my marker works before we start." I didn't want to make a scene, but egads I was trying sooo hard not to bust out laughing.

I mean come on, didn't your marker work 10 minutes ago in the Chrono Station, or on the field at the last game? I looked at his marker then looked at my mag shrugged and tried hard not to laugh.

Of course I ended up on the field with him in the same area and asked him where the hostiles were as if nothing happened. :D

Then again I was having settings issues with my Mini so my mag came back out of the mag aired it up put paint in it then went to the chrono station, 275, 275, 276, 275 =)

For your amusement =) for you folks that do this type of thing no offense, but I try to follow the rules set forth by my fields refs. Usually there are good reasons for following them.

FARMER00
12-27-2006, 05:08 PM
i like your chouse of name callings
twat, wanker. lol not many people use those any more (i still do)

don miguel
12-27-2006, 05:12 PM
unfortunately I have to do that because my mag will double fire or leak sometimes if I don't i will have troubles during the game. But no probs w/ ss25 at all. :)

lasrsktr
12-27-2006, 05:19 PM
unfortunately I have to do that because my mag will double fire or leak sometimes if I don't i will have troubles during the game. But no probs w/ ss25 at all. :)

then Don you need to tune your gun....

I was present for this little outburst as well... What a tool... and it was just a ball or two that was shot... we are talking a succession of 15-20 balls...

But guys like that are jut paint slingers... Piranti and i were up front... and he was in the back not really doing to much.... Oh well...

BTW my mags kick ***, but a little note.... hellfire and lvl 10 do not mix :rofl: :rofl:

Piranti
12-27-2006, 05:22 PM
lol yea that hellfire was breaking when dropped from 2 feet above the concrete. just plain dropped no extra force was exerted. had one break at 1 foot drop level.

geekwarrior
12-27-2006, 05:24 PM
come on, its necessary to do that before each game, thats why the pros do it.

its right up there with huddling in a circle and gettng in as many 4 letter words in as possible before the 10 sec mark.

mobsterboy
12-27-2006, 06:51 PM

its right up there with huddling in a circle and gettng in as many 4 letter words in as possible before the 10 sec mark.

you forgot the :dodgy: right after your post

REDRT
12-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Personally I love it when they do that. Normally they forget to refill their hopper which is the best, but running low on paint or air due to it is a close second.

/ Name calling rocked :headbang: Maybe you should work for the Donald? :D

lasrsktr
12-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Personally I love it when they do that. Normally they forget to refill their hopper which is the best, but running low on paint or air due to it is a close second.

/ Name calling rocked :headbang: Maybe you should work for the Donald? :D

its nice when they are on the opposing team... but when they are working with you... and might have to reload at a crucial time... :ninja:

REDRT
12-27-2006, 07:26 PM
its nice when they are on the opposing team... but when they are working with you... and might have to reload at a crucial time... :ninja:
True, but how much help could a guy with an angel really be in this case? At best a target so he didn't need paint anyway. :spit_take

Lohman446
12-27-2006, 07:39 PM
lol yea that hellfire was breaking when dropped from 2 feet above the concrete. just plain dropped no extra force was exerted. had one break at 1 foot drop level.

You don't say

IAO 2005

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2007_rs.JPG

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2008_rs.JPG

I had a liquid line above the feedcup in the Halo I was using

scion
12-27-2006, 07:46 PM
^looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool^

mobsterboy
12-27-2006, 07:56 PM
^looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool^

a simple LOL will suffice, thank you

lasrsktr
12-27-2006, 08:10 PM
You don't say

IAO 2005

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2007_rs.JPG

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2008_rs.JPG

I had a liquid line above the feedcup in the Halo I was using

I was lucky... I shot maybe 250 of them... and i broke maybe 20 of the balls most were barrel breaks but a few broke in the breech. :cuss:

Caboose
12-27-2006, 08:38 PM
I must say, I do agree with the angel user. I always shoot before the game starts (it's allowed here...) but we (refs) always wait until the gunfire stops before calling the game (we're intelligent?).

Anyways, you never know what might happen on the way from the chrono to the field... Plus, it reminds me to turn my hopper/air on. I always shoot until I see the drivecone spin in my VLocity, even though I know it's on because the switch is in the "on" position. But yeah, if it's not allowed, that's just stupid that people disobey rules.

paintballfiend
12-27-2006, 09:00 PM
OCD maybe? Like you have to touch each paintball before you load it. :rolleyes:

mobsterboy
12-27-2006, 09:31 PM
and darn you Piranti, why didnt you give the rest of AO a chance at your dallara? :mad:

Piranti
12-27-2006, 10:07 PM
huh ?

Oh, the Dallara, well i really was not going to sell it but geek has infected me with gun whoreism... and got an offer I could not pass up, and got my mag nearly finished where I wanted it to be.

jenarelJAM
12-28-2006, 06:05 PM
I tend to shoot one or two into the dirt, 10 seconds or so before the game starts, just to make sure all the different parts of my gun are working together, make sure I don't have a pressure spike from my gun sitting for awhile, etc., but shooting off a string of 20 is just a stupid waste of paint. The guy was just a show-off. I hate guys like that. Just because you have a nice marker doesn't mean you're special. Probably close to half the people on the field can do the exact same string of ramped shots. He just wants to impress the first-timers, he's a loser.

REDRT
12-28-2006, 07:35 PM
The hopper is full and all my pods are full, I'm good to go. I press the button on the halo, it flashes. I know it is on. I pull the battery pin on the Emag. The blue light of the Predator board is on. I know I'm good there (because I know it is full charged before each day and if it is on I know I'm good). I visually see if the mechanical safety is off and the mode selector switch is in E-mode. I'm either good to go or I correct it so I'm good to go. I also look to see if my air is on visually and at the total pressure/imput pressure guages. I see something like 4k and 800psi I'm good to go. Barrel plug out when it is time. All this in a second or two with out firing a shot. That is pretty much it. No need to fire the marker until it is time. ;)

When I used to ref I'd have players sit out a game for discharging there markers fooling around while not following instructions. Because I could and it is a safety issue. I'm giving/gave instructions not for my health, it's for peoples enjoyment and safety. A player blowing off there marker like that disrespects my position of authority and demonstrats to me they are not concerned with safety or anyone elses. Like when I teach hunter safety. A student many pass their writen, the practicle appitude test 100%, but the state gives me the right to fail anyone I feel isn't mature enough to handle the responsiblty of being a sportsman on or before test day. I sure take that seriously and 99.9% students do to. Too bad back to paintball things are not often taken seriously. :(

CKY_Alliance
12-29-2006, 12:58 AM

It is necassary...it can cause you to relize any number of things that could really screw you..like you air is not on, hopper isn't on, gun is not on, make sure gun is shotting correct,any number of things...

Huddling boost the Mur-al(sp?) it gets you pumped and makes you break out and play with everything you have... as far as the 4 letter words,in the huddle you usualy wanna get your anger/aggression across so everyone feels it and wants to rip the other teams face off..and some people express themselves by using those "4" letter words and feel it gets the emotions they are feeling across better...

Why does everyone have to be so narrowminded...****..maybe you are not ,but you sure as hell come off that way.

REDRT
12-29-2006, 01:23 AM
It is necassary...it can cause you to relize any number of things that could really screw you..like you air is not on, hopper isn't on, gun is not on, make sure gun is shotting correct,any number of things...
Should've been done already

Huddling boost the Mur-al(sp?) it gets you pumped and makes you break out and play with everything you have... as far as the 4 letter words,in the huddle you usualy wanna get your anger/aggression across so everyone feels it and wants to rip the other teams face off..and some people express themselves by using those "4" letter words and feel it gets the emotions they are feeling across better...

People have to swear and cus like a sailor to get pumped up to play aggressively? :rofl:

People I play beside normally have positive attudes and behaviors. Anger and aggression is for the young and foolish. :cool:

CKY_Alliance
12-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Should've been done already

People have to swear and cus like a sailor to get pumped up to play aggressively? :rofl:

People I play beside normally have positive attudes and behaviors. Anger and aggression is for the young and foolish. :cool:

With some ASA's and Electronic guns you can turn them off and not notice it..most people cut there hoppers off intbetween games and in the havoc to get to the designated field you forget to do these things until last minute..

Anger and Aggression makes for very good playing.

REDRT
12-29-2006, 01:45 AM
With some ASA's and Electronic guns you can turn them off and not notice it..most people cut there hoppers off intbetween games and in the havoc to get to the designated field you forget to do these things until last minute..
Maybe so, but a majority of players have there wits about them enough to know if their equipment is on.

Anger and Aggression makes for very good playing.
I'd say winning fair and square with out a big scene makes for good playing

CKY_Alliance
12-29-2006, 01:54 AM
Maybe so, but a majority of players have there wits about them enough to know if their equipment is on.

I'd say winning fair and square with out a big scene makes for good playing

**** happens..and I myself and many others like to make sure everything is good to go BEFORE i have 5 guns pointed in my direction..

What does playing with anger and aggression have to do with making a scene?Or Playing fair for that matter?

REDRT
12-29-2006, 02:33 AM
**** happens..and I myself and many others like to make sure everything is good to go BEFORE i have 5 guns pointed in my direction..
true enough, but i can't see if everything is ago at the chrono station what walking across the field is going to change in the state of ones marker? So why shoot half a hopper of paint (give or take) at that point?

What does playing with anger and aggression have to do with making a scene?Or Playing fair for that matter?
Anger and aggression clouds ones judgement if your not careful. It is very easy to loose oneself if it gets out of hand even for a moment. I've seen many of time people get so pumped up, so full of themselves so angery they cause a "scene" fighting on the field bonus balling someone to a bloody pulp. spouting off to the ref so everyone can hear them cus. Rules get bent, broke and just plan ignored. I see little hints of this every time I go to a tournament. Some times I see it full blowen and people are expelled. Believe me or not anger and aggression isn't the most healthy way to play the game. Most everything negative reguarding players attitude revolves around anger and aggression.