PDA

View Full Version : Anyone In Abq??

Kloki1971
12-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Rejoining the sport and want to know if there are any Maggers from the ABQ area?? The shops I've been to know nothing about Mags!

spike_ball999
12-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Rejoining the sport and want to know if there are any Maggers from the ABQ area?? The shops I've been to know nothing about Mags!

Dude, it's rare that you'll see anyone in NM know much about Mags. The guys at Hinkle's appreciated the fact that I had one, but they didn't know much. Most people at PBA were like "Wha?"

I moved to CO from NM. What field do you play mostly?

Kloki1971
12-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Dude, it's rare that you'll see anyone in NM know much about Mags. The guys at Hinkle's appreciated the fact that I had one, but they didn't know much. Most people at PBA were like "Wha?"

I moved to CO from NM. What field do you play mostly?

I'm just starting to get back into it. I'm reworking an old Mag I bought off of ebay. God they had torn this thing up! They said it was painted black with green blotches on it for camo, the green turned out to be out paintballs that were caked on to the body! They also chopped the body and rail down. Which is fine, except that they chopped the body too short and now the barrel only has one O-ring in the body so it sways back and forth. Anyway, I played a long time ago out in the East Mountains, but it doesn't look they operate anymore. I have heard about woodball up in bernalillo and of course I know about Hinkle's and PBA. Where do you play?

spike_ball999
12-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Well I used to play both Hinkles and PBA. Most of the time I was using my Piranha Evo. Only once did I use my mag. Never got a chance to play the new field in Rio Rancho, but I heard some good things about it. In other occasions I would play with Urban Survivors in Los Alamos.

Honestly, I haven't seen anyone except for you around AO from NM. Maybe you should come up to CO too. ;)

Kloki1971
01-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I'd like to check out the field in LA. Is it good? I wish there was some good woodsball around here, but I doubt I'll find anything other than pick-up.

spike_ball999
01-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I'd like to check out the field in LA. Is it good? I wish there was some good woodsball around here, but I doubt I'll find anything other than pick-up.

Well, his two original fields were good. Unfortunately, he had to close them because of a protected ground act through one of the tribes there. That was the last time I played with Stan and Urban Survivors.

I heard he starting going up around the Pajarito Ski hill area, but I'm not too sure on that since he still does winter games and for once this year, the Ski hill is actually open.

Check www.urbansurvivors.com for more info.

WOLLFFY
01-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Hey, I'm from Santa Fe and am always looking for more players. You guys hit me up anytime. ;)

spike_ball999
01-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Well, I'll be back to NM soon. Either on tour or just on a break. We should do an AO NM!

Kloki1971
01-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Well, I'll be back to NM soon. Either on tour or just on a break. We should do an AO NM!
Absolutely, My bro-in-law just bought one and his GF is bidding right now on ebay for a junker to fix up. So there's two more AO's to join up!

Kloki1971
01-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey, I'm from Santa Fe and am always looking for more players. You guys hit me up anytime. ;)
Any good places to play up there??

minimag86
01-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Icky I was in ABQ for a good while and yeah they are really terrible about mags.......eveyone looks at it and says whats that! And there is no place for parts localy. Too bad I moved to Cali your the 3rd mager I've heard of form NM.

Kloki1971
01-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Icky I was in ABQ for a good while and yeah they are really terrible about mags.......eveyone looks at it and says whats that! And there is no place for parts localy. Too bad I moved to Cali your the 3rd mager I've heard of form NM.

Yeah, basically all parts have to come from AO or ebay. That's the only places I've been able to really find to get things for them. The other issue is just finding other automaggots (I can say that because I am one!) to work with. Again that's why I turned to AO.