PDA

View Full Version : Need help Ipod nano

smilestyler
12-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Does anyone know how the heck to load songs onto an ipod? The songs show up on the menu of the computer but they don't show up on the playlist on the ipod. Any advice??

sk8dood
12-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Does anyone know how the heck to load songs onto an ipod? The songs show up on the menu of the computer but they don't show up on the playlist on the ipod. Any advice??

You need to import the songs into iTunes. Then drag and drop into your iPod.

CKY_Alliance
12-28-2006, 12:59 AM

Put songs on itunes

Hook up Ipod'

Computer should recognize ipod

Little ipod will show up in the left vertical menu on itunes

right click little ipod

Click Update

Or

Set it to Auto-update

If auto anytime u hook ipod to computer when it is on it will update if needed..

I havn't updated mine in like a year , Only thing that may not be right is "right" clicking the ipod..the newer versions of Itunes may have the button else where.

~~should be no need to drag an drop songs..all though if they are mp3 and you get the computer to recongize the ipod as a mass media storage device in stead of you Ipods name then you can just drag and drop the files from you documents onto the ipod,but just do it through Itunes.

rkjunior303
12-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Install iTunes.

Then read the directions.

sk8dood
12-28-2006, 10:16 AM
~~should be no need to drag an drop songs..all though if they are mp3 and you get the computer to recongize the ipod as a mass media storage device in stead of you Ipods name then you can just drag and drop the files from you documents onto the ipod,but just do it through Itunes.

I was saying drag and drop in iTunes. Its the only way to put songs on an iPod.

rkjunior303
12-28-2006, 10:33 AM
I was saying drag and drop in iTunes. Its the only way to put songs on an iPod.

not true.

i use winamp exclusively.

Thordic
12-28-2006, 11:00 AM
I've never dragged and dropped anything in iTunes. I just update my library and then update my ipod and it moves the songs for me.

Although I can (just barely) fit my entire library on my iPod. I think I have about 150mb out of 20gb free. Time to buy a 30GB hd for my ipod :)

smilestyler
12-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks all. The itunes bit was the key I was looking for. My nephew got this for Christmas, but threw away everything with wrapping paper. We've got it going now.

ahellers
12-28-2006, 05:06 PM
ok heres another question. we have 2 Ipods, my wifes and mine. is there a way to have 2 different libraries on Itunes, so she can have here music on hers and I can have my music on mine?
t

rkjunior303
12-28-2006, 05:27 PM
ok heres another question. we have 2 Ipods, my wifes and mine. is there a way to have 2 different libraries on Itunes, so she can have here music on hers and I can have my music on mine?
t

not on itunes.

use winamp.

Hexis
12-28-2006, 08:47 PM
t

Yes, different users on the computer.

ahellers
12-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Yes, different users on the computer.
I tryed that but I cant figure out how to load Itunes on one user and not have it come up on the other.

Link for winamp? is it free?
t

Thordic
12-29-2006, 03:39 PM
www.winamp.com

Its a music player that has a vast array of add-ons available. The basic program is pretty simple but its capabilities are huge. Its been around for a long time now.

You'd need to download the program and then the iPod add-on.

ahellers
12-29-2006, 03:54 PM
looking at this page http://www.winamp.com/player/
the version that I want (to be able to rip music) has to be paid for. is that right?
t

maxama10
12-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Try manualy updating each ipod with the songs you want...

If not then use the seperate accounts and store your music in two different folders and not the shared folder.

From there import what you want into one itunes and what you want into the other iTunes and then just update the ipods on whatever account has the songs you want.