PDA

View Full Version : On/Off Leak

Farnja
12-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey, I acquired a mag that had an audible leak from the on/off. Replaced the o-rings, etc, didn't seem to help. Finally I teflon taped the where the two halves come together (top and bottom) and that seemed to fix the problem. Seemed like a strange fix to me, since the on off is sealed by o-rings, i thought. In any case, since the leak was coming from these threads, It seems to me that a new on/off set-up should solve the problem. (Even though it's fixed now, the idea of teflon being permanent in there doesn't let me sleep easy)

does this make sense to you guys?

Thanks, FarnJa

don miguel
12-28-2006, 05:06 PM
IDK about teflon tape, definately buy a new one. :D what valve do you have? what type of on/off are you using? this might help diagnose the problem.

Farnja
12-28-2006, 05:28 PM
RT Valve, 2 o-ring (ULT Capable). Stock on/off...

IDK about teflon tape, definately buy a new one. :D what valve do you have? what type of on/off are you using? this might help diagnose the problem.

athomas
12-30-2006, 01:18 PM
The tape is probably removing side to side play in the assembly which is helping to keep the oring in the proper position to keep it from leaking. It may work for a while but is a temporary fix for your problem. Find the real problem. It has to be one of the two bottom (small inside or larger outside) orings.