PDA

View Full Version : Pulse RF question

jenarelJAM
12-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Okay, I just got a pulse for xmas, and installed the rf chip last night. We looked at the installation video and kinda installed it a different way, splicing it into the wires between the board and solenoid instead of soldering it to the leads on the back of the board. The problem, is that we installed it on a viking, and the big gap in the tray area that we put it at first had too much surrounding metal for the signal to get out. So we moved it down into the grip, just above the battery, and it works, but every once in awhile, the pulse misses the signal. Now we're thinking of making the wires longer so we can put it below the battery, so that it won't be so close to the underside of the body, and hopefully will have a straighter shot to get to the loader.

So, my question:
Has anyone else installed the rf chip on a Viking, and where did you put it to get it to work?

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
12-28-2006, 06:28 PM
its much safer to get the destructive customs rf chip
http://destructivecustoms.com/home/rf-drop-in-harness
Pricey but works

rkjunior303
12-28-2006, 06:30 PM
read over on the aka portion of PBN.. apparently, jared might have discovered draxxus has made a bad run of RF Chips...

jenarelJAM
12-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah I saw the harness, but didn't really feel like spending the $23, and waiting for it to ship. I didn't void the warranty(I think) because I didn't solder to the board, I just spliced it in on the wires to the solenoid.
I'll check the aka section of pbn, thanks. I almost never go over there.