PDA

View Full Version : has anyone used monster balls?

nathanjones008
12-28-2006, 09:03 PM
i am low on cash playing a tourney this saturday,(rec ball) i have a automag ule rt /with a dye proto barrel (12 in) . has anyone used monster ball? are they good ? decent ? or horrible. these balls are cheap 30 bones for 2000. every paint i use, diablo naightmares, formula 13, big ball all too small. i am wondering if monster ball or any cheap one will fit my barrel and do a decent job.

thanks in advanced.

nate :dance:

Sammy Sandbag
12-28-2006, 09:08 PM
i am low on cash playing a tourney this saturday,(rec ball) i have a automag ule rt /with a dye proto barrel (12 in) . has anyone used monster ball? are they good ? decent ? or horrible. these balls are cheap 30 bones for 2000. every paint i use, diablo naightmares, formula 13, big ball all too small. i am wondering if monster ball or any cheap one will fit my barrel and do a decent job.

thanks in advanced.

nate :dance:

Used about 2,000 of these last week.... They sucked horribly.

nathanjones008
12-28-2006, 09:11 PM
what was your barrel set up? where the balls too small? or was it a ball / barrel match and the still sucked?

thanks

Sammy Sandbag
12-28-2006, 09:20 PM
what was your barrel set up? where the balls too small? or was it a ball / barrel match and the still sucked?

thanks

I personally didn't have a ball barrel match, but others did and were getting the same poor results. I shot them out of 4 different guns (98, a pump, a Blazer, and a 98 with a flatline barrel.) I think maybe they were just really unbalanced and would curve in every conceivable direction. You'd also get some that were very hard, others your could squeeze as hard as you wanted and they wouldn't bust.

I was just picking up whatever was cheapest at Walmart, and they had only one case of Monster, so I grabbed it. Since we needed more, I also got a case of the other brand carried there. I don't recall the name, but it was a red box. The balls were red with a pink fill. Those did much better and were like $5 more a case.

surfbum
12-28-2006, 09:21 PM
i have a CP .689 classic barrel on my automag
i've used moster balls before, mostly for rec ball
with my x-valve and lvl 10 i only break a couple balls max out of a case

accuracy wise, they definately shoot better out of my CP barrel than my viking's javalin but either way i hit what im aiming for

they definately arent the best paintballs for sure, but if you are strapped for cash they arent too bad

mini ben
12-28-2006, 09:45 PM
they blow hard and just piss me off when i get like a billion bounces it's jsut so annoying .. go to firstcallpaintball.com and check out the paint it's very good

FARMER00
12-28-2006, 10:35 PM
dont know if u have it in the states but i like whitebox about 30 canadian so about 20 USD for 2000, but, they are really small like even in a .684 they are a bit loose but yeah for the cost i like it

btw whitebox is .68 not .55 its just cheap small paint

The_Don_83
01-03-2007, 12:34 AM
The monster balls suck... my friend got a case for x-mas and brought it over. We used two plastic crap guns (not sure the name), Tippman 98 custom, ULE Custom Automag, and a Spyder. Balls were going everywhere! :wow: Up close I could hit what I needed within 1/3 of the field, but couldn't hit what I wanted (without 10 shots) across half of the field.

I did also try the Wal-mart Visable Impact paintballs which wern't too bad.

Sammy Sandbag
01-03-2007, 12:38 AM
I did also try the Wal-mart Visable Impact paintballs which wern't too bad.

Those are the ones I was talking about. Yeah compaired to the Monsters, they were pretty good.

turbo chicken
01-03-2007, 02:02 PM
ok the el cheapo paint question ... There I a walmart near my house that is always sold out of monster balls ... so i know when they do have them they are pretty fresh...

If you get a fresh case you should do fine ...In the post above i think it may have been more of an old paint issue more than the type of paint. I have used monsterball/academy elcheapo paint almost exclusively for the past few years (until i started to play pump again then good paint became a must)

Is there a difference between a $30 case of paint vs $40 ... sure but the real gamble is where you buy the paint from. Do you want to be sure that the paint is fresh or possibly old?

I have got some bad cases but I was able to play and had fun.

You really should check with the local PB store though i bet they have some white box somewhere.

hmudd13
01-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Two guys I play with use monster all the time with no problems.
One shoots a Tippy 98c, and the other, a stock classic mag.

Lots of bounces are the only complaints they have.

Personally I was buying Game Face Scorch from Wally world as garage balls.
I liked them so much I use them in all my pumps and any of my other markers when I can't get Marbs. :D

BD_Paintball
01-04-2007, 12:37 AM
worst paint ever made, they are super small and rock hard. i shot a guy over 15 times while i was about 30 feet away and not one broke. they also dont have a uniform size and some are very badly dimpled.

turbo chicken
01-04-2007, 08:46 AM
....and some are very badly dimpled.

a sure sign that the paint has been sitting a while and is old ...

Chronobreak
01-04-2007, 09:31 AM
first of all i urge everyone to NOT buy paint from wal-mart since they do nothing for the sport or to help it grow(provide place to play or get gun tech) etc

second monster ball is OIL based and stains, not to mention if it is left to the elements(rain) it begins smelling very very very bad

BD_Paintball
01-04-2007, 12:49 PM
a sure sign that the paint has been sitting a while and is old ...
or a sure sign that the paint is crap from the factory.

turbo chicken
01-04-2007, 01:30 PM
or a sure sign that the paint is crap from the factory.

leave anykind of paint sitting packed as tight as that stuff is in the box for more than a few weeks ... it will have flat spots in it .....

Does monsterball deform more easy than PMI Premium... probably ... but i'd be willing to bet that flat spots on any type of paint is due more to the packaging that the manufacturing.

Mongoose
01-04-2007, 01:42 PM
orderpaintball.com has really good deals on paint..

Lohman446
01-04-2007, 02:59 PM
You have ball detents, paint matching is overrated. Its better to shoot undersized paint so the occassional "odd" larger sized one does not blow up

scion
01-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Game Face Visible Impact is the new version of scorch.

Lenny
01-05-2007, 02:25 PM
We used two plastic crap guns (not sure the name), Tippman 98 custom, ULE Custom Automag, and a Spyder.
I think those are called "Ions" these days.

:rofl:

/Sorry. I couldn't resist.

don miguel
01-05-2007, 08:45 PM
I think those are called "Ions" these days.

:rofl:

/Sorry. I couldn't resist.

correct-o-mundo. before you know it, shockers are going to be that way too.

CONFIRMEDKILL
01-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Personally I like scorch... cheap, good fill, and good shell