PDA

View Full Version : leaking out of the barrel

nathanjones008
12-29-2006, 01:19 PM
i just bought a new ule rt mag. when i gas it up it wokrs fine( noleaks,) them when i shoot pull the trigger air leaks out of the barrel like crazy! do i need a larger carrier? its brand new, i think airgun tunes it up at the factory. if there is any advice it would be greatly appreciated because i am low on time, i do not have time to search the froums right now. thanks in advanced

FA22RaptorF22
12-29-2006, 01:27 PM
4. A leak from the front end of the valve or the bolt/breech area -

This could also be a number of things. Whether your running a level 7 or 10 set-up, I recommend checking those sections first.(also check the on/off pin(.712") If after you have checked those areas and know everything is installed properly, continue reading. A bad bolt spring(broken or not extending past the bolt, also remember cut side goes on bolt end), sear, trigger(2.125")/plunger(3.008") rod length can give you a massive leak down the front. There's also a two rare problems that can be wrong. If your running a level 10 set up, check your bolt bumper for wear, if the inner ring has begun to shred, pieces of it may be getting stuck in between the powertube and the bolt. The other problem may be a cracked powertube, if this is the case, you probably wont even be able to see the crack, but you will have to send the valve in to the factory to get it replaced(remember to call and get an RA number).

athomas
12-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Does you mag have a ULT installed?

AGD uses a generic setting from the factory which may or may not work for you. It could be simple bolt stick. After a shot, there is still pressure in the front chamber. If the bolt sticks, then this pressure will leak out through the vent hole. Try going with the next larger carrier size. Remember to use the same powertube oring when changing carriers.