PDA

View Full Version : questions about automags

Samurai-joker
12-29-2006, 01:48 PM
ok first off you can laugh or flame if you want but i am not going to learn anything about these beautiful guns unless i ask. so here she goes. i have a few questions.

1. what is the differance between a xmag, emag, pneumag, and r/t?

i know that thier are all differant types of setups, from differant trigger frames to differant firing mechanisms. but don't know the differance between those, except that an emag is electronic.

2. when people say that the vavle has all the original stars left on the vavle or have 3 stars left, what does that mean?

I have no clue about this one.

any help would be much appreciated.

Madmarx
12-29-2006, 02:00 PM
ok first off you can laugh or flame if you want but i am not going to learn anything about these beautiful guns unless i ask. so here she goes. i have a few questions.

1. what is the differance between a xmag, emag, pneumag, and r/t?

i know that thier are all differant types of setups, from differant trigger frames to differant firing mechanisms. but don't know the differance between those, except that an emag is electronic.

2. when people say that the vavle has all the original stars left on the vavle or have 3 stars left, what does that mean?

I have no clue about this one.

any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome!!

Xmag - Fancy Emag
Emag - Electronic and mechanical trigger
Pnuemag - Air assisted mechanical trigger
R/T - High end mechanical Automag

Star system is for AGD factory rebuilds.
3 stars means 3 rebuilds.

Hope that helps

edit : Added link - http://www.airgun.com/products.shtml#compare

Samurai-joker
12-29-2006, 02:22 PM
thanks alot. i guess now all i have to do is determine which type that i am going to get.
which would you suggest personally? i am a woods/scenario baller so i need something that works good in the rain. that is why i am getting away from the high-end electronic guns. would like something that shoots fast, but if it is not in my price range then not biggie.

another question, i have been searching the web for custom mags (brand new). but the only shop that i can find is themagsmith. are thier any others? or any shop you recommend?

craltal
12-29-2006, 03:03 PM
thanks alot. i guess now all i have to do is determine which type that i am going to get.
which would you suggest personally? i am a woods/scenario baller so i need something that works good in the rain. that is why i am getting away from the high-end electronic guns. would like something that shoots fast, but if it is not in my price range then not biggie.

another question, i have been searching the web for custom mags (brand new). but the only shop that i can find is themagsmith. are thier any others? or any shop you recommend?

Go either with the R/T or pneumag. of course you can't buy a pneumag new it'll have to be made for you. Just remember your electronic hopper will still be susceptible to the weather.

There really aren't any other shops to get what you are looking for although you could always give Tunaman a shout. He can build you want you'd like and give you a real good deal.

SR_matt
12-29-2006, 03:25 PM
agd will put what ever u want on it (as long as its an agd part) if you want an after market part like a different fore grip you can just buy the gun w/o one from agd.

the only real after market parts that physicaly function with the gun are some frames but mostly hard to find depending on the model.

i suggest looking at an "rt pro" which at this point is any mag with an rt or x valve mostly built on ule bodies. oo and you will probably want a ult kit to lighten the trigger.

hope you find what you want

-matt

Samurai-joker
12-29-2006, 10:37 PM
well i do appreciate all the help. i did call AGD and get a price qoute on a r/t pro custom. I wanted verticle feed, X vavle, and level X bolt. I think the qoute was around 440ish. What i personally don't like about the r/t pro custom is the sight rail and the four grip rail thing. i think they look cheezy. Although i don't care about looks that much, with the amount of money i am going to spend on the marker itselt, i want it to look sleek and dangerous. ya, i know i sound like a women but oh well. found many used mags that look awesome. just haven't delt with trading and selling stuff before and kinda of reluctant to do so. but as soon as i get rid of my money pit ion, tippmann 98c, and cocker i will be getting a sleek and sexy mag ASAP. thanks again for all the help keep it coming if anyone has any idea's, suggestions, particular guns, or upgrades please let me know.

andrew

SR_matt
12-29-2006, 10:45 PM
if you dont want the rails tell them and they wont put them on. you can also get a diferent main rail so you dont have the holes in it that were meant to hold the sight rails on
-matt

chadlh
12-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Also if you are doing woodsball look at a Q-Loader. No batteries and it doesn't rattle when you run. If you don't like the looks maybe have a peak at the Tac One. That's the one I'm saving up for....

Chad

SR_matt
12-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Also if you are doing woodsball look at a Q-Loader. No batteries and it doesn't rattle when you run. If you don't like the looks maybe have a peak at the Tac One. That's the one I'm saving up for....

Chad
while teh q-loader has it pluses it also has just as many disadvantages that make it not shine out above other hoppers, at least IMHO. its a great design and a great idea but it is pretty tempermental
-matt

Samurai-joker
12-31-2006, 01:29 AM
well i have a little problem with falling. ya, i know i need to learn how to walk and run. cuase in the last 4 games i have busted 4-6 pods down the entire seem of the pod, from top to bottom with all the paint inside. i can't see paying for the Q-loader and then busting one of those pods. that would be quit expensive. plus i don't know if they would fit into my vest where the pods are on your chest (can't stand them on the back). As far as the tac-one goes it is a beautiful marker. I just would not use the rails on the body so i can't see paying for them. the magsmith has the pargigen classic or something (can't spell worth a hoot). That is what i plan on purchasing. does anyone know anybody that works thier that is on this forum? i was wondering if they can ad R/T to that marker? anywho thanks for the help. thier is a type of body for the minimag, or atleast that is the only thing that i have seen it on. i can't find a pic of it just ran across it in the b/s/t forum. something about a kid wanting to trade a minimag for an xbox 360. anyway the body on that thing is freaking awesome. i wonder where he got it at?

Samurai-joker
12-31-2006, 02:03 AM
ya i check out both the pro and classic. but i can't tell the differance between the two besides the foregrip. and the classic is 50 bucks cheaper.

SR_matt
12-31-2006, 09:37 AM
just so you know the onyl differeance between teh RT and the ULT onoff is that the ULT is lighter both give teh same amount of kick back to give you bounce/RT (IMHO) either way if you want the bounce/rt feature you need to get a tank that is adjustable to take up the PSI that is being input.

-matt

phizz
12-31-2006, 12:54 PM
you can buy minimag bodies for around $20-$40 used. I love the looks of them too but the disadvantage is that you need to have a twist-lock barrel. with the tac-one and ule bodies they are cocker threaded.

I love the looks of my minimag body, but I just recently sold a karta body and bought a tac-one body and longbow stock.

You might also want to look at micromag bodies. Cocker threaded, aluminum, and they look pretty tactical. One of my favorite mags that I own, but they can only be bought used... unless ptp has some left over stock around which I doubt.

SR_matt
12-31-2006, 01:04 PM
^^ just to specify you do mean PTP micromag bodies for the later bodies correct?
-matt