PDA

View Full Version : Bringing my emag in to get tech'd and given the once over..

warpfeedmod
12-29-2006, 02:16 PM
It's an older AGD Emag with the 1.3 software I believe? (or was it 1.2 that was stock? I can't remember now the thing is that old). I've been playing with it since then and not had any issues, I just have been having problems with the Level 10 lately and wanted to have AGD give it the once over, re-tune the level 10, etc. I figure who better to do it then the pros right? Just wondering if they will upgrade the software to whatever the more current AGD release is? Or if they'll leave it or can I request to NOT have it updated?

I've not had an issue with the marker since I got it and dont forsee me needing to have ramping or whatever new modes are added, just wondering if theres any benefit to having it upgraded or not?

Thanks in advance for the input!

FiXeL
12-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Im not sure if AGD actually upgrades the software on your board. But if they did, they would probably upgrade to 3.2 and that one doesnt have any other modes than semi (like most previous versions)
If you really want more firemodes, you should get xmod. > www.niedtech.com

If you are having troubles with the lvl10, you can consult the forum, that's why it is here. :)
Since you didnt specify your troubles with the level 10, i cannot advise on a solution, but if it is bolt stick, try replacing the bolt carrier o-ring and maybe change carrier size. Also swapping out bolt springs might be a good idea.

athomas
12-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Your firmware is probably 1.37. AGD updated firmware doesn't have ramping modes either, just better handling of current operational parameters. If you want ramping, you need the aftermarket Xmod firmware.

If you have a bolt stick issue with your level 10, you should learn to fix it yourself. AGD will set it to a generic operation which may or may not work for you.

When adjusting your level 10, remove all the shims. Then use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. When changing between carriers, always use the same powertube oring.