PDA

View Full Version : CCM Series 6

going_home
12-30-2006, 06:01 AM
Looked at the ChipleyMachine.com website and theres nothing on it
at all about the Series 6 pump but theres one on Ebay already.
I dont get it. Is it that their webmaster is that slow or maybe on vacation ?
Seems like they would have rolled it out on their site if they are shipping
them already.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chipley-CCM-Series-6-Pump-New-in-Box-POLISHED-BLACK_W0QQitemZ170062337448QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1604 8QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

:tard:

don miguel
12-30-2006, 09:13 AM
them already.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chipley-CCM-Series-6-Pump-New-in-Box-POLISHED-BLACK_W0QQitemZ170062337448QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1604 8QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

yeah really, I would have ordered one. IMHO I hate the gloss black, it looks gross in the pic, keep it dust black. :cheers:

scion
12-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Probably looks "gross" because it's dirty and fingerprinted. But I agree, dust is nice.

SR_matt
12-30-2006, 10:15 AM
they are not out for sale yet, they are still pre order and they have, from what i have heard, 15 prototypes left at CCM.

they are very very nice guns, i know some one who was able to get his hands on one and WOW :wow: its a sexy sexy sexy piece of work

-matt

don miguel
12-31-2006, 06:46 AM
they are not out for sale yet, they are still pre order and they have, from what i have heard, 15 prototypes left at CCM.

they are very very nice guns, i know some one who was able to get his hands on one and WOW :wow: its a sexy sexy sexy piece of work

-matt

just a question, isn't it just a J2 body w/ '25 internals? plus some new pieces like the pump handle attachment, and the in line asa, and more ups here and there??

SR_matt
12-31-2006, 09:33 AM
im not really sure to be honest, i havent really seen j2's and ss25s up close. it does have pretty much everything you could want out of the box though unless you like a drop forward with your asa.

from what i rmember of the j2 bodies it is pretty close but it just looks plain mean (at least the matte finnish my friend's has on it is)

-matt

don miguel
12-31-2006, 09:42 AM
it does have pretty much everything you could want out of the box
-matt

your definately right about that no question, the only prob is that CCM "had to discontinue the carbon fiber barell kit" - melissa, do you guys know why? mabe stiffi is threatening to sew? IDK.

SR_matt
12-31-2006, 09:49 AM
hmmm really, no more CF kits? ill sell mine for 400 :p

-matt

don miguel
12-31-2006, 09:49 AM
hmmm really, no more CF kits? ill sell mine for 400 :p

-matt

how about 600? :p

SR_matt
12-31-2006, 11:25 AM
if your offering ill over night it to you.

but back on topic does any one know what parts are different compared to a standard cocker? is it just slight size differances or so they have more substantial differances?
-matt

don miguel
12-31-2006, 11:42 AM
if your offering ill over night it to you.

but back on topic does any one know what parts are different compared to a standard cocker? is it just slight size differances or so they have more substantial differances?
-matt

for that price, it should be next-30-seconds shipping.

going_home
12-31-2006, 11:44 AM
for that price, it should be next-30-seconds shipping.

Don you are the one that offered the price. :tard:

Davinci
01-01-2007, 06:44 PM

-matt
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-2/653550/Series6.JPG

Please excuse the crappy pic, but they are out and available. Mine is dirty from a day of New Years balling. :headbang:

The Series 6 is based on a standard style full size 'Cocker body with extreme amounts of milling. It use their standard CCM cocker valve with their updated valve stem (aluminum stem with o-ring face). Uses their standard set of springs for pump markers (extremely light and smooth, but crap efficiency IMHO). They have equipped these with their all Delrin bolt, comes standard with their 86* Auto trigger frame and their new updated pump kit (Uses a new main guide rod, and lower "anti twist" rod is integral to the vertical ASA.

It comes equipped with a Rail, Bottom line, and a barrel (two piece aluminum with one sizer) straight out of the box (but no macro :( ). Milling on this marker is extremely light and very nice IMO. The anno work is top notch and the polish is beautiful (I'm not a huge fan of CCM dust).
My S6 shot beautifully once I got some good paint in it. The Auto trigger is smooth (ask Lee ;) ). Overall I am extremely happy with this marker, the only downside is the efficiency (but I can remedy that :cool: ).

I'll get better pics later, any other questions please feel free to ask. (yes I have had this marker already torn down to its bare minimum :eek: .

SR_matt
01-01-2007, 07:21 PM
hmm wow matte vs gloss makes a huge differance in thsi marker. my friend's looks some what sharper i guess is best description (not nesecarly meaning liek wow that looks sharp but like edges)

ccm said they have not had the offical release yet so thats what im going on, there might be some "prototypes" /beta models out but none of the offical production run.

-matt

going_home
01-01-2007, 07:40 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-2/653550/Series6.JPG

Please excuse the crappy pic, but they are out and available. Mine is dirty from a day of New Years balling. :headbang:

The Series 6 is based on a standard style full size 'Cocker body with extreme amounts of milling. It use their standard CCM cocker valve with their updated valve stem (aluminum stem with o-ring face). Uses their standard set of springs for pump markers (extremely light and smooth, but crap efficiency IMHO). They have equipped these with their all Delrin bolt, comes standard with their 86* Auto trigger frame and their new updated pump kit (Uses a new main guide rod, and lower "anti twist" rod is integral to the vertical ASA.

It comes equipped with a Rail, Bottom line, and a barrel (two piece aluminum with one sizer) straight out of the box (but no macro :( ). Milling on this marker is extremely light and very nice IMO. The anno work is top notch and the polish is beautiful (I'm not a huge fan of CCM dust).
My S6 shot beautifully once I got some good paint in it. The Auto trigger is smooth (ask Lee ;) ). Overall I am extremely happy with this marker, the only downside is the efficiency (but I can remedy that :cool: ).

I'll get better pics later, any other questions please feel free to ask. (yes I have had this marker already torn down to its bare minimum :eek: .

I like the fact that gloss is now available but am not particularly impressed by the milling.
And the gloss is roughly 75.00 more, well I do like it, but not that much.
And it looks like the guage port is gone that was above the LPR on the left side on the SS25.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0002-2.jpg

don miguel
01-01-2007, 08:08 PM
i'm still not diggin the gloss. :(

Davinci
01-01-2007, 08:10 PM
i'm still not diggin the gloss. :(
Good thing it's not your marker :p :D

trevorjk
01-06-2007, 06:40 PM
does the s6 only come in gloss black or dust black?

or is this picture also a color option from the factory?

what other colors are optional from the factory?

http://ccmowners.com/adrien/markers/ccm_prototype/dir/ccm_prototype-2.jpg

RRfireblade
01-06-2007, 06:47 PM
That's an early proto , few changes on the final version from that but regardless. Any color you want as long as it's black. ;)

trevorjk
01-06-2007, 06:56 PM
That's an early proto , few changes on the final version from that but regardless. Any color you want as long as it's black. ;)

ha ;)

i knew it was a prototype and all was just curios if black was my only option or not. thanks for the reply

Davinci
01-06-2007, 07:18 PM
ha ;)

i knew it was a prototype and all was just curios if black was my only option or not. thanks for the reply
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k141/nitetigra/swoop.jpg
Umm, I think you'll be happy to see that.

I'm sure there is already a line waiting for those colors, but they will be available.

going_home
01-06-2007, 07:42 PM
ha ;)

I like the prototype better.
At least it had the guage port still.

SR_matt
01-06-2007, 07:46 PM
umm not to be rude but how can you tell if the current model has one or not when 1 you saw the right hand side of the current bodies and the port was on the left hand side and 2 it was on the asa which wsa not shown in that pic.

and any way a gauge port is an easy fix, takes well under an hour. pull off asa, go to drill press, drill, get a tap, tap it out, clean, reattach, done.

-matt

Davinci
01-06-2007, 07:49 PM
umm not to be rude but how can you tell if the current model has one or not when 1 you saw the right hand side of the current bodies and the port was on the left hand side and 2 it was on the asa which wsa not shown in that pic.

and any way a gauge port is an easy fix, takes well under an hour. pull off asa, go to drill press, drill, get a tap, tap it out, clean, reattach, done.

-matt
Matt,
I posted a pic of mine viewed from the left hand side about 5 posts up...No gauge port.

To be honest, it's not really needed, but it is a nice touch if you just have to feed your "gadgetude".

SR_matt
01-06-2007, 07:54 PM
wops i didnt notice that, i stand corrected and i appologize.

persoanly i like a gauge to tell me what im putting to the valve. hmm for some reason the thinking of putting a gauge port in reminds me that a drill press is comming shortly so i can bore out my foregrip to have higher resevoir size thus higher flow (yes im a LP freak and ive had great luck with efficenty with it to :p )

-matt

trevorjk
01-07-2007, 01:06 AM
davinci. so im guessing CCM is going to be offering, gloss black, dust black, red, blue, polished? and raw?

SR_matt
01-07-2007, 08:43 AM
i doubt CCM will send it out raw because the bodies have lazer etching done on them with the CCM logos after that have been anoed. (that was the reason i couldnt get a raw feedneck). but either way from ym experances if you want to reano anything its better to have the part already anoed because the metal is very smooth (usually smoother than you get when a piece is "raw") and he color comes out better.

but i could always be wrong again ;)

-matt

hs2000
01-07-2007, 11:40 AM
just a question, isn't it just a J2 body w/ '25 internals? plus some new pieces like the pump handle attachment, and the in line asa, and more ups here and there??

Nope, it's way smaller and lighter then the J2, and it doesn't use SS-25 internals.

your definately right about that no question, the only prob is that CCM "had to discontinue the carbon fiber barell kit" - melissa, do you guys know why? mabe stiffi is threatening to sew? IDK.

Did you here that from Melissa? Last thing I heard they're not shipping the S6 with a carbon fiber barrel kit to keep cost down, but they will still be making them. You can still buy them on the website at least.

You can call CCM and order one, their shipping them out. I want a gloss black one, but when I saved up the money I'm going to ask for mine WITHOUT the laser engraving.

SR_matt
01-07-2007, 11:47 AM
i really doubt you can do it w/o lazer engraving, i couldnt even get a feedneck raw because it wouldnt have the lazer engraing on it

-matt

hs2000
01-07-2007, 11:48 AM
^there's no harm in asking

going_home
01-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Last thing I heard they're not shipping the S6 with a carbon fiber barrel kit to keep cost down, but they will still be making them. You can still buy them on the website at least.

Check again, the only CF barrels on the site are for Phantoms.
My guess is they arent selling them any more and the Phantom barrels are all thats left.

don miguel
01-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Did you here that from Melissa?

yes because I wanted one when I ordered my SS25, but she told me they were discontinued, and offered the aluminum one, but I said no, and got w/o a barell.

SR_matt
01-07-2007, 09:13 PM
no barrels up there any more, onyl the sizerrs and bag

-matt

don miguel
01-07-2007, 09:17 PM
no barrels up there any more, onyl the sizerrs and bag

-matt
you still senning your kit for 400$ ;)

Davinci
01-08-2007, 08:55 AM
We've got a couple left in stock. ;)

(and they're not $400 either :p )

p8ntbal4me
01-08-2007, 09:36 AM
them already.

Ive noticed they hv been moving the products around alot more than they used to have the web page layed out. I spent 45 minutes trying to find the CCM pump kit with the auto trigger mod to it. It was never listed on the pump kitspage,... I think they stufed it under accessories (genereal) and not under a specific gun.

d4m4don3
01-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Ive noticed they hv been moving the products around alot more than they used to have the web page layed out. I spent 45 minutes trying to find the CCM pump kit with the auto trigger mod to it. It was never listed on the pump kitspage,... I think they stufed it under accessories (genereal) and not under a specific gun.

No, the autotrigger assembly is part of the 86 degree griprame. So technically it's not just a pump kit so it got stuck in the grip frame section.

p8ntbal4me
01-08-2007, 01:02 PM
No, the autotrigger assembly is part of the 86 degree griprame. So technically it's not just a pump kit so it got stuck in the grip frame section.

CCMs autopump kit for the 86 degree frame was not always a kit that had to include the existing frame they sell with it.

Remembering back when their home page had a CCM cocker on it and you could click the trigger and "fire" the gun, they offered a kit that was bolt on with internals. I never got one because I didnt know much about it internaly (I still dont) and it did not include any trigger frame.

I read somewhere that the 86 degree frame and the 45 degree frame they offer now with the kit already installed was made as a unit because it was easier to "bolt on and go" rather than troubleshoot it. Im looking for the review now,......