PDA

View Full Version : Finally did it...

warbeak2099
12-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes! Finally got my girlfriend to come play paintball with me. I had her brother and my sister come along too. You know, taking noobs with you and teaching them how to play and watching them have tons of fun is really cool. My gf's brother loved it and he sad, "I'm hooked". My sister was like an amazon woman lol. She got really into it and had a lot of fun. She was so pissed when this guy in the back right got her out. "If only I didn't have this peice of crap rental!" My girlfriend was like, "my headache is gone! This really relieves stress!" This was after she shot someone out of the back left.

But there was one difficulty. My sister is deaf and she couldnt hear the ref telling her that the hit didnt break. So she called herself out. Anyone have any deaf siblings or friends that they play with? What are some special techniques you use?

I also had a great time. My Spydermag shot amazingly. I love you Luke. This is the best mod you could ever do to a mag and it's relatively inexpensive. Do yourself a favor and send Luke an e-mail. He is the man. My new Vlocity Jr. completely restored my faith in Viewloader. Even on low batteries it worked alright. I don't remember hearing a single chuff the whole night. All around positive experience. I am definitely bringing my gear back to college. My RA plays and said he would let me keep my crap in my room without getting in trouble. Excitement is flowing through my body.

Triangle
12-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Good to hear about the overall positive experience, boss.

FARMER00
12-30-2006, 10:14 AM
ive had my gf come out a few times, she loves it

VFX_Fenix
12-30-2006, 11:28 AM
There was an NCCS team, I believe they were called "Silent Death" or something like that. Every member was of deaf culture and they did remarkably well. The only issues that were had were when the refs didn't know they were deaf. So long as the officials on the field know there's a deaf person on the field, and that person knows the hand signals for out, clean, etc. things are generally okay. Also knowing to look to the ref if there's one around or checking themselves is another handy thing. Generally the less they need a ref, the better, this is also true for most paintball players.

If paintball is going to be something a little regular in her life, I'd sit down and teach her what the hand signals are for out and clean at least. Then just be sure to talk to the guys in stripes on the field before games to give them a head's up.

wow, 1000th post... :cheers:

warbeak2099
12-30-2006, 12:44 PM
There was an NCCS team, I believe they were called "Silent Death" or something like that. Every member was of deaf culture and they did remarkably well. The only issues that were had were when the refs didn't know they were deaf. So long as the officials on the field know there's a deaf person on the field, and that person knows the hand signals for out, clean, etc. things are generally okay. Also knowing to look to the ref if there's one around or checking themselves is another handy thing. Generally the less they need a ref, the better, this is also true for most paintball players.

If paintball is going to be something a little regular in her life, I'd sit down and teach her what the hand signals are for out and clean at least. Then just be sure to talk to the guys in stripes on the field before games to give them a head's up.

wow, 1000th post... :cheers:

Yea I've heard about them. I think it would be pretty cool to teach my sis the game. She's got a cochlear implant so she can hear. It's just harder when there is all that noise. We don't sign to her since sign language is far too limited and does not encourage speach but instead encourages grunting. Instead we use something called cued speach. It is a signing system that uses syllables instead of different signs for individual words. It encourages auditory communication. I think I could come up with some cued signals for paintball. Cool idea.

Anyone have like a family type team?

txaggie08
12-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Yea I've heard about them. I think it would be pretty cool to teach my sis the game. She's got a cochlear implant so she can hear. It's just harder when there is all that noise. We don't sign to her since sign language is far too limited and does not encourage speach but instead encourages grunting. Instead we use something called cued speach. It is a signing system that uses syllables instead of different signs for individual words. It encourages auditory communication. I think I could come up with some cued signals for paintball. Cool idea.

Anyone have like a family type team?

I have trouble with my hearing in much the same way(I'm loosing mine instead of having it partialy restored).

I would definetly look into some basic hand gestures with this though. To many safety issues with this game to not be able to communicate IMMEDEATLY something important. I know we've agreed(the friends i play with) on specific behavior patterns(gun up , hands up for out) so there are no mistakes.

I'm glad she, and the rest, enjoyed it!