PDA

View Full Version : RT PRO vs X Valve

chadlh
12-31-2006, 10:46 AM
I've been shopping around for a used Automag for a while but haven't been able to find one that I like used. Most of the ones I do find up for sale are center feed so would cost to much to upgrade. Do to my limited finances I'm thinking of maybe looking at something older like an RT PRO. I did a search and wasn't able to find out the differences between the RT PRO valve and the X-Valve? I'll be using it for woods ball so won't need a super fast valve but I do like buying something that's sort of worth the money first time around. What I'm having trouble with is finding angled feed necks. I would have like to buy a new Tac One warp left but can't afford that. Has anyone tried the angled feednecks using a Q-Loader? Is there a way of cutting them shorter so as to make it a slimmer layout?

Thanks for any ideas you have.

If anyone is wanting to sell one let me know. I'm just wanting an RT PRO...left angled feedneck and maybe a blade trigger.

Chad

Papa_Smurf
12-31-2006, 10:56 AM
the x valve is aluminum, so its lighter.

rtp valve is stainless, but is the same on the inside.

i think the difference is about 3 ounces.

i have a classic rt, pm me if interested

going_home
12-31-2006, 11:43 AM
the x valve is aluminum, so its lighter.

rtp valve is stainless, but is the same on the inside.

i think the difference is about 3 ounces.

i have a classic rt, pm me if interested

The Emag valve is exactly the same as an Xvalve except its stainless steel.
The RT Pro valve will not take a ULT kit like the Emag and Xvalve will.

MANN
12-31-2006, 11:45 AM
The Emag valve is exactly the same as an Xvalve except its stainless steel.
The RT Pro valve will not take a ULT kit like the Emag and Xvalve will.

not all emag valves will accept the ult. Only the newer ones. :D

chadlh
01-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Is there anyway of tuning it for lighter pull or adapting the ULT to the RT Pro. Don't mind working at it but I wouldn't mind keeping my options open. It's such a tough call seeing as for a little more I can by the ULE Custom warp left, ULT and also have a cocker threaded mainbody. Just wish there was a bigger gap between something that would fit the bill for me used and buying something new. Guess that wouldn't be bad if I wanted to resell a newer marker after buying it.

SR_matt
01-02-2007, 09:23 PM
i thought the original RT's were the ones that didnt take the ults but the rt pros did (but it wouldnt surprise me if i had it mixed up)

-matt

FARMER00
01-02-2007, 10:13 PM
just use the vert feed adapter with the q loader

Miscue
01-07-2007, 03:45 AM
ULT will work on RTP valve.