PDA

View Full Version : My how the times are a changing

mobsterboy
12-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Im not picking on blazestorm, but i just was backlogging through some old files and found a post of his a long time ago

I'm not odd...

I'm just not the same...

I get looked at funny when I old like a 5 year old cocker and all these other kids got their alias timmies and eblade cockers... then when I get in the 50 and wastem all they're like wtf? how could a cocker shooting 5bps do that?!

Today was my first day playing with my revenge, and I ding dang loved it, best shooting gun on the field by far, friend was having problems with his DM4, other with his 04 Viking, Eblade cockers and other timmies (even a naughty dogs (owned by mapp of ND) timmy was having problems) but not the revenge, put some diablo-blaze through it at the chronoy, matched the freak insert and went out playing for the first time in 9 months.

I really doubt I'll ever go electro, just because of the sheer amount of problems I see in half of them, If anything I'll just get a hAir-triggered mag when they come out
(I underlined that myself, he didn't) and if my memory serves me right, he is the same guy who was a major gunwhore and had a thread about his dragon timmy, when it was like 1600 brand new and before almost anyone else on this forum (again blaze, not picking on ya, just using you as an example)

Now this got me to thinking, how many of you have said something like this years past and now changed over? Why or why not? and feel free to quote yourself and a date, and why you changed your mind? Also, what "qualities" did you think you were changing over to? and What was your "cherry popping" gun, if im allowed to say that

punkncat
12-31-2006, 07:53 PM
I shot mech for a long time, and swore I would never change over. I am not really sure what triggered me to try something different. I think it had to do with ramping when it became common in open play. That coupled with me getting in a bit worse shape I decided to go electro to level the field some. I still didn't use ramping for a while, and even though I currently own markers that will ramp I don't use it.

I am a changed player. I love electronics, eyes, and processor contolled function.

This was my first real electro pneumatic marker. Converted from a mag and cocker user. Probably the reason I like E markers so much. I still regret selling it.
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/259/259802/pages/674767/Matrixpics003(Small).jpg

dahoeb
12-31-2006, 08:19 PM
i've tried making the switch from mech to electros. and i keep switching back to mech markers, i just don't feel the same connection with electros as i do with mechs. The only electro i REALLY enjoyed was my viking i think, probably cause of its solid feel and simplicity.

captian pinky
12-31-2006, 08:42 PM
i almost bought that gun punkncat haha i shoot sniper2 most of the time although i have a dm framed mag that will shoot psp and a dm5 i just perfer to shoot pump makes the game challenging until i start loosing then i whip out a mag or 2 or 4 haha

VFX_Fenix
12-31-2006, 08:48 PM
I recall in my formitive years as a player that I'd never go electro. Mostly because I felt I'd never need the ROF or trigger pulls that electros offered. Granted at the time I was rolling with a 1st gen Spyder TL and was an ace at the one shots from across field, however I got the bug to buy something new. At the time (Circa 2000-2001) the Intimidator was new, as was the Matrix, the Angel was the standard for all other guns, and all of them were way out of my price range. I wanted to upgrade to a "big kid" gun so to speak but I shyed away from the problematic 'Cocker and fineky 'Mag. About the only place left to go was to ICD, so I said, eh, what the heck and sold my TL and bought an ICD Bushmaster 2K along with my co-worker at the time who bought the LCD version of the same gun.

At the end of a few months of playing with my new Bushmaster I decided I really didn't like it. It shot okay, but it wasn't my thing, so I traded it in for a pre-order on an A-5. After playing happily with the A-5 I got the bug again around 2004. I bought my dream gun (Black non-C&C Angel LCD) at that time (and I suppose it still is to this day). I ended up selling it and bought a set of E-Mag lowers to go with my RT Custom I'd bought earlier that year and really haven't looked back since.

I found a gun that I absolutely love in the E-Mag and that's about the end of it. It wasn't really for any reason, I still think I'm more than fast enough with a mech gun for the way I like to play. I still play with my other guns when I do get to the field. It really wasn't for anything else but to try something different I guess.

onedude36
12-31-2006, 08:50 PM
i've tried making the switch from mech to electros. and i keep switching back to mech markers, i just don't feel the same connection with electros as i do with mechs. The only electro i REALLY enjoyed was my viking i think, probably cause of its solid feel and simplicity.
I still have that gun :D Ive been considering the possibility of selling it if you want to buy it back.. :cheers:

PumpMag
12-31-2006, 10:16 PM
My teamates kept hinting that I "need" an electro.

So I bought a lightly used Emag for semi-tourneys about a year ago.

But for the past 2 years, I usually play pump.

Just yesterday, I decided to bring out both my PumpMag and Emag for a rec game.

I ended up playing pump all day. :shooting:

nathanjones008
12-31-2006, 10:48 PM
i have used mech guns most of my paintballs years. i started off with a spyder compact 2000, then a mag. then i bought a bushy 2000( big mistake) its worked sometimes, then i bought a 01 shocker( big mistake) this thing was a huge gas hog and the electronics messed up. the whole time i had these guns my mag was a back up(which never gave out on me once) i have competed with players will all types of guns, angels, cocker matrixes and s forth. with my new ule custom rt, i compete with people with electros. i can pump 10-12 a sec. for a mech which is pretty good.

I played yesterday and it was very misty also at times there was a very light rain. since the weather wasnt good. many people couldnt play because of the moisture. i was so grateful to play! my brother nd his friend was working on their guns( shocker and matrix) they seem to work on them way too often, this is my mentality or the way i think is if you can find a mech that is great that can compete or shoot nearly as fast as electro and is as accurate as one, them go mech less headaches and more play time period. the best thing about my mag is when i get my flatline reg is i can turn my pressure up and shoot even faster. also i have had my mag for five years. yes mech mags can be more expensive as electros but they last so much longer. you get more bang for your buck. i think i will remain mech for a long long time.

p.s.(disclaminer i am not trash talking electros just i like mech better, thats just me. :clap:

bryceeden
12-31-2006, 11:23 PM
I use to trash talk elecros alot and really enjoyed using my ULE RTpro in tourneys and bunkering the kid with the super upgraded E-blade(this was back when those were way popular) But then a took a few years off not playing at all and when I got back home and could start playing again my family bought me a timmy. I really like it in some ways but in alot of ways I want my RTpro back so I split the difference and am going with an E-mag. I don't know, I really like the fire power of electros but I still don't know if its really all that nessesary but I don't really plan on going back to mechs any time soon.

Lenny
01-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Well, I fell into the whole speed craze myself and I actually killed it this past summer.

First there was a Spyder. That was my first semi. I (being a noob) loved the insane ROF difference over my previous marker (Blade), and it gave me a huge advantage against my other noob friends (who mostly shot Talons, Tigersharks, and the like. There was one Stingray). Then they all switched to semi-autos after seeing my new ability to light them up. I thought I had to stay faster than them. I got a Sprint egrip for it and was once again ruling the field.

Mind you I played almost never at regulated fields.

The E-Spyder lasted me for a while, but then my friends began to catch up. All the discount eguns came. The E-99's, the newer Piranhas, etc. So, we all had ourselves a fast shooting gun. I decided I needed something better. That's when I got my first Automag. I paid $250 for it with a Boomstick and a Benchmark and loved it. I bought a Lvl 10 a week or so after. I could shoot as fast as or faster than my new-to-electros friends and could brag about my inability to chop.

Then I sold that and went for the latest and greatest. I just recently broke that mindset. I'm now just more of a gun whore/collector. I have four Automag projects planned (but I haven't budgeted yet for 3 of them), I have a few Autococker projects as well.

Recently, though, I've been loving pump. My Trilogy Sniper is working beautifully and I've been having the time of my life (even though it was always fun to begin with).

So... I guess I've changed. :D

txaggie08
01-01-2007, 02:25 AM
Oh lord.....

When i started out somewere between 95-96 ish(it was the christmas before dad died, and im trying o do the math....little drunk still), The cocker and mag(mech) were still the hot thing. I started on a BE pump(wich ive vaguely considered trying to get another.....), Then was hot to trot because i got hold of a mag with a on target products scepter style barrel and a benchmark single trigger frame. That gun, wich is lying next to me as I type(although a little worse for my "tinkering" days), Has been my primary through many years of on and off playing.

I almost bought a shoebox shocker once, but never could get the money to do it. Hell I shot(and got lit up by) one the double digit serial numbered timmies(he had a pre-order one). Now that im a little older and have my own money to waste, I've finaly stepped off and grabbed a set of xmag lowers, and ill have myself an e-mag come tuesday :D.

I've taught more than a couple of punks that shooting that fancy little "insert popular e-gun here" doesnt mean this old classic cant still find its mark!

don miguel
01-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I went from 18bps to as-fast-as-I-can-pump. :D

mobsterboy
01-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I went from 18bps to as-fast-as-I-can-pump. :D

don miguel: When I saw that you posted, before I even read it, I PROMISED myself I wouldn't flame you...but your post is so far off from what I was asking that you deserve flaming. Im talking about our beginnings when we played mech. Does that ring a bell? Either edit your post or delete your post. God you know, I was gonna give you a chance for the New Year, but you really are just as dumb and homo as everyone thinks, and I wont even think twice to flame you from now on.

REDRT
01-01-2007, 11:10 AM
My markers are old. I just keep reinventing them. Most of my gear I upgraded in 04-05 so it is good as long as it lasts. The only thing that ever seems to change for me is the faces on the field. And my interest in the whole thing.

Dubstar112
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I sold him my Impulse! bwhahaha. Thats funny.. that was in 2003.

warbeak2099
01-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I went to mags for the explicit reason that I was ditching electros forever. My mag is now a spydermag with a Tboard and soon to have lazer eyes. Stuff happens...

Glickman
01-01-2007, 05:35 PM
im a matrixpheliac.

speedy. quiet. (recently) light. reliable.

all around beautiful piece of work.

behemoth
01-01-2007, 05:46 PM
but..blazestorm could shoot like, 18bps LEGALLY SEMI.

remember?

Lohman446
01-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I can tell you exactly how my switchover went. The E-mag was a simple step up from my mechanical. Then I was standing there having problems with it one day (one day of many) after not ever teching it just right and I walked in and ordered a Shocker.... when the "nerve board" was just a rumor I ordered a new Shocker with the rebound board. Once there, moving around some with what marker I was playing with was a minor concern.

sunfisher89
01-01-2007, 06:49 PM
I just love mech. guns because you can understand them. I'm a tinkerer at heart and all the electro's center around the board. There just isn't much you can do with them. But you can do so many different custom things with mechanical guns and it's easier to me to troubleshoot the problems because it has to be a physical object that went wrong, not a signal. The turning point for me was when I was using my Illusion more than my Diadem. I went from pump back to mech. play and that's just where I've stayed. I just fell in love with autocockers.

buzzboy
01-01-2007, 07:01 PM
I started back in early 04. All everybody had were mech spyders, tippy's and a couple espyders. For the longest time I played with the Tippmann Pro/Carbine. I was the king of the woods field. I could play for hours of very little paint and get lots of eliminations. Then everybody started to upgrade so I bought the BKO. Alll the BKO did was make me angry. It didn't have eyes and I didn't have a fast hopper so it chopped like a [female dog]. Then I swore to go back to mech for ever and got a minimag. That thing was great and I kept up fine on the speedball field but I tried to pneumag it uncessufully so I had to get rid of it. By this time I had done a lot of research and knew that an EPneu was for me. Now I have the viking and couldn't be more satisfied. Though now I really wish I stilll had the P/C to go out and oneball some woodsball.

buzzboy
01-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I started back in early 04. All everybody had were mech spyders, tippy's and a couple espyders. For the longest time I played with the Tippmann Pro/Carbine. I was the king of the woods field. I could play for hours of very little paint and get lots of eliminations. Then everybody started to upgrade so I bought the BKO. Alll the BKO did was make me angry. It didn't have eyes and I didn't have a fast hopper so it chopped like a [female dog]. Then I swore to go back to mech for ever and got a minimag. That thing was great and I kept up fine on the speedball field but I tried to pneumag it uncessufully so I had to get rid of it. By this time I had done a lot of research and knew that an EPneu was for me. Now I have the viking and couldn't be more satisfied. Though now I really wish I stilll had the P/C to go out and oneball some woodsball.

gus13
01-01-2007, 07:37 PM
when I started two guys on my team were using AMG's another was using either his Black Magic, or Vertabrea(sp?). another used a spyder compact, ummm....then there was the bonebreak angel, and then a Mag. I started with a tippman 98, then went to an A-5 with all the fun little ups to make it more scenario style ( retractable butt stock, BT-16 barrel, that super bolt thing I can't remember what it was called,) from there I went mag, My first was the Center Feed mini,

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/evilgus13/minimag.jpg

then I got my Buddies off him when he picked up a VF Tactical,

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/evilgus13/BlackJackals.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/evilgus13/shaun.jpg(I like this pic)
so I used that for a long time, I was always the guy saying how much I hated electro's and would never get one.....ever :rolleyes: . then just a few months ago I broke down and got the promaster(s) and I actually quite like shooting them, very comfortable and pretty reliable so far.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/evilgus13/YinYangPromasters.jpg

(I love being able to show off these pics its all still new to me!)

turbo chicken
01-02-2007, 10:42 AM
I remember saying i'd never go back to pump ...

My financial situation made me decide that limited paint was the way to go If I wanted to play as often as I wanted.

My reintroduction to pump was a line SI Bushmaster ... then a PGP2K

GT
01-02-2007, 01:59 PM
First gun was a TL+ then a M98. I actually one a tourny with the M98 and a flatline barrel. After that I saved up and bought an eclipse angel. It was a great gun but I was missing something. There is a level disconnectedness I feel with an electro. Its like playing your favorite FPS with no sound on.

After the angel I bought my first classic mag and then whore time; I have owned tons of other guns. Only electro I really liked was my eclipse shocker. I have always owned a classic mag just incase an electro would go down. Ironically the guns that caused me the most trouble were my 2 vikings.

I think electro guns teach leasons. For example I was using a BKO while my second viking was in the mill and anno proccess. When the viking finally came in it didnt feel any different than the BKO. Take the pepsi challange on any of the microswitch markers and they all feel the same. That is a little dishearting after you drop 1400 on a custom when a 300 dollar off the shelf gun is just as good.

The only guns i can tell that have a quality about them are mechs. If you are unsure go shoot a revenge or an EVO. Atleast 10 years ago I could justify the 1400 dollar price on a revenge or 1600 on a westwood. Now its all cheap junk with thin anno and substandard tollerances that gets pushed out of china for 500 bucks. Add on all the aftermarket parts that should come standard and parts kits you are back up to 1k real quick.

I just bought my first pump night before last, used AM Illusion. If I like it I have a feeling there will be a really nice Phantom or Carter in my future, and as always ......one classic mag.

GT
01-02-2007, 02:02 PM
. then just a few months ago I broke down and got the promaster(s) and I actually quite like shooting them, very comfortable and pretty reliable so far.

If I ever buy another electro again it will be a promaster. ICD makes great stuff for cheap. If you find an online dealer, some of the guys from pbn, you can get a promaster for less than 250. Cheap and fast!

behemoth
01-02-2007, 02:21 PM
If I ever buy another electro again it will be a promaster. ICD makes great stuff for cheap. If you find an online dealer, some of the guys from pbn, you can get a promaster for less than 250. Cheap and fast!

Are they that good?

I've ran into some money, and i'm still debating what to get. Something nice, somethig mid-range.

I was looking at Fusions for midrange, and 06 borgs for high end.

Idk what i want to do. I could always pick up a used dm or something.

:shrug:

I've got my pumps as my primaries. But i still need a semi..

wimag
01-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Are they that good?

I've ran into some money, and i'm still debating what to get. Something nice, somethig mid-range.

I was looking at Fusions for midrange, and 06 borgs for high end.

Idk what i want to do. I could always pick up a used dm or something.

:shrug:

just picked one up a couple weeks ago. I always liked ICD product and this does not dissapoint. Light, fast, very easy to maintain.

GT
01-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Are they that good?

Disclaimer: I have not tried the promaster, but the bko and b2k series was awsome; super light and fast, same efficiency as a mag. FYI, I believe that Simon (Manike) had a hand in the R&D for the gun.

Have you ever owned an illusion? I've got a few questions.

dahoeb
01-02-2007, 08:27 PM
I still have that gun :D Ive been considering the possibility of selling it if you want to buy it back.. :cheers:

haha thanks for the offer, but i'm not in the market right now ;)

RRfireblade
01-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Not sure of exactly when but I was actually shooting a Mag exclusively then ;) and in response the the Angel buzz beginning to wind up I swore I would never spend that much money on marker just cause it shoots faster.

So I bought a used Shocker around a year later cause I figured how could you miss with electro speed AND closed bolt accuracy for the price , used. :tard:

cyberave68
01-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Well my first gun was a Mag. 16" blue splashed smartsparts barrel, polished minimag body, wood grips. I loved that gun. Played with it for many years. Wasnt about to ever own a electro. So i said then. Thought it was cheating and took away from "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" to one case maybe one kill. Had to get a 06 Timmy last year to keep up with all the paint sprayers on the feild. When in Rome you know! So i still like my Mag better but i like my Timmy too. Never thought i would ever become a trader but here i am, I'm still alive.....