PDA

View Full Version : backyard field

where am i?
01-01-2007, 10:13 PM
I plan on making a speedball field in my back yard. And I am planning on using a snapcage
http://www.snapcage.com/ because I have a small backyardand my house is very close to it. And I need help with the bunkers. Im not sure what type I want and what size, so I need your help. Also I dont want to spend like a grand on bunkers. Thanks for your help.

fullofpaint
01-01-2007, 11:11 PM
uhhhh, you'd need like ten of those to have even like a 3 man field, they're very small, if that's the same snapcage that they have at NPPL events to show different markers.

CKY_Alliance
01-01-2007, 11:20 PM
uhhhh, you'd need like ten of those to have even like a 3 man field, they're very small, if that's the same snapcage that they have at NPPL events to show different markers.

Ye the one they had at MAO was super small..only about 12-15 feet long and 6 ft wide..

where am i?
01-01-2007, 11:42 PM

Yea as I said my yard is small. It is probily going to be 1 on 1 or 2 on 2

CKY_Alliance
01-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Yea as I said my yard is small. It is probily going to be 1 on 1 or 2 on 2

They aren't even big enough for a 1 on 1..they are big enough for 2 bunkers and snap shooting...bout it.

warbeak2099
01-02-2007, 01:07 AM
That maze thing is cool. Expensive though. Cool new concept for a field. A huge maze of snapcages. That would be fun as hell. But it ain't happening in your backyard unless you have around $5k to cough up. I could see some outdoor field making one though.

Sammy Sandbag
01-02-2007, 01:10 AM
24’ L x 8’ W x 7’ H

Yeah....

Glickman
01-02-2007, 02:36 AM
why not just buy your own bulk netting, metal poles, and some heavy weights for the poles, that way its not permanent

txaggie08
01-02-2007, 03:07 AM
hey glick, ive been trying to find a place to GET that netting, any ideas?

Swampy
01-02-2007, 03:17 AM
http://www.paintballnetting.com/onlinestore/detail.cfm?ID=3&storeid=1

Glickman
01-02-2007, 03:28 AM
http://www.paintballnetting.com/onlinestore/detail.cfm?ID=3&storeid=1

yep

or try these guys, i believe they do the PSP

http://kpropaintballnetting.com/

txaggie08
01-02-2007, 04:37 AM
Thanks to both of you. A 75x75 enclosure for 550 dollars is not a bad deal at all(that would be square obviously it could be longer and narrower but hey....)

I miht have to put in the second places request for info form to...

olinar
01-02-2007, 06:05 AM
idk if anyone here plays cs but that maze think it just like iceworld.i would love to play like that,itd be so much fun and allow a wide variety of game outcomes.

Swampy
01-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Granted CS is a good game but fy_iceworld wouldn't seem to work to well and end up being a waste of space.

where am i?
01-02-2007, 10:00 AM
why not just buy your own bulk netting, metal poles, and some heavy weights for the poles, that way its not permanent

No, netting is like 600 bucks itself then you got to get the polls and thoes are free. So I would be spending more money then I have! And I wasnt asking about the field people I was asking what type of bunkers I should get.

Pneumagger
01-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Go find a local grocery store or other local accessable industrial place and get a friend with a pickup. Behind the store you will find wooden palates. hey typically throw them away, and they make excellent speedball bunkers.

Just stake them into the groud and hide behind them. Some pallates may not be 100% solid. Or just buy plywood sheets.

Anything "airball" related will cost you about $100/bunker plus you will need a blower to fill them.

wjr
01-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Go find a local grocery store or other local accessable industrial place and get a friend with a pickup. Behind the store you will find wooden palates. hey typically throw them away, and they make excellent speedball bunkers.

Just stake them into the groud and hide behind them. Some pallates may not be 100% solid. Or just buy plywood sheets.

Anything "airball" related will cost you about $100/bunker plus you will need a blower to fill them.

There's one problem with that.

Most wooden palates have gaps between the boards, thus not offering the best cover.

If you can, try and find the palates the postal service uses. They're just a solid sheets of sturdy plastic and are a bit larger then your standard wooden palate. I've even seen several fields that use them.

punkncat
01-02-2007, 07:35 PM

This is an excellent idea. Be sure that you ASK before taking anything. Its not uncommon to find spools behind electrical contractors as well. It is really easy to find the cheap shipping pallets, get more than you need and cannibalize some pallets for the wood to nail over the others and fill holes.
We actually leave a few slots and holes in spots to make it easier both to be shot and shoot through. Our backyard games are strictly no bunkering and we prefer slightly weakened bases to accomidate it.

Nice thing about the pallets and spools is that when you finally (or your parents) get tired of it, a good bonfire eliminates the bunkers.

don miguel
01-02-2007, 08:20 PM
conor it's just an enclosed shooting range. Mike just got a chrono staqtion for xmas, we could use one of those snapcages for a chrono station at NSTAR. NO MORE FRERAKIN NIPPLES ON CORY'S HEAD! (huge inside joke don't even comment on it). ;)

Pneumagger
01-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Dude... why don't you have DM fund the project?

don miguel
01-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Dude... why don't you have DM fund the project?
DM= poor white kid. :(

Robbie
01-02-2007, 08:38 PM
go to a tile store and get pallets from them,,,, the gaps are a lot smaller maybe an inch,

Pneumagger
01-02-2007, 08:42 PM
DM= poor white kid. With PS3 and ss-25 and Micromag :(
Fixed...

I feel your pain. :rolleyes:

I = poor white kid also :p

wjr
01-02-2007, 08:44 PM
DM= poor white kid. With PS3 and ss-25 and Micromag

you forgot the HDTV.

Farnja
01-02-2007, 08:49 PM
If you live in the country, look for agriculture signs, advertising seed or something. Post 3 of those on the same sign posts they use and you'll get great, 6 ft. tall,3 foot wide bunkers for next to nothing. Very syurdy, but easy to take up and down, I had a field just like this in my sideyard for a few years...