PDA

View Full Version : Skanline Customer Service

clockworkmiller
12-31-2001, 05:40 PM
Im just posting this because I figure I should get it out there. For those of you who order from skanline.com (based in Costa Mesa, CA), be very careful when dealing with their customer service. And for those who havnt yet, I would suggest going somewhere else, where you can get better deals and better support.

This is because their customer service reps accused me of doctoring order forms and then yelled at me, and then later at my mother. They over charged me by about 300 dollars, and I was calling to see how they could have made this mistake. I worry that it may go to small claims court, but In the end, they dont have a leg to stand on. Thanks for listening to my little rant, and take my advice, you'll be safer in the end.

LaW
12-31-2001, 05:43 PM
I had a similar experience with canceling an order about a year ago...they wouldn't cancel it and I eventually had to dispute the order with my credit card company. In my opinion a shady business.

Bonx0007
12-31-2001, 06:15 PM
What did you buy from them?

clockworkmiller
12-31-2001, 06:21 PM
My big bertha hand cannon =).

The Tippman model 98 custom "sniper".

IceCool32
12-31-2001, 06:22 PM
*Wipes brow* Thankfully I decided against buying that Dye Automag from them, you know......the all silver one.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate happenings. This will surely stop me from any future buisness with Skanline. They sound like a bunch of donkeys(you know the bad word that starts with Jack and ends with the word you can't beat the language filter with).

clockworkmiller
12-31-2001, 06:30 PM
Ice - smart choice. If you shop around a little, You can probably get that gun at a better price, and better quality, especially if you get the intelliframe instead of the dye double trigger.

samvalentine
01-01-2002, 02:33 AM
i ordered a gas line from them and it needed a special elbow to work. it was odd ball and the end that bolted on to the elbow was over sized. the picture showed a normal gasline.
im never ordering from them again.

damageinc54
01-01-2002, 03:26 AM
I too had a big problem with them. I was ordering some JT pants from them and a black DYE sticky grip. The pants they sent were the wrong size and the sticky grip was clear when I ordered black. The invoice showed the exact stuff that I ordered but they sent me all the wrong stuff. I call up their custom service line and explain the problem. The guy tells me that since the invoice is right the items I received must be correct. He tells me that maybe I should check the stuff out again. At this point I was already mad about the incorrect order but now this idiot is really starting to make me boil. I say look buddy, I can tell the difference between a black and clear grip and the pants you sent me are a 36 when I ordered a 34. So he finally gives me a return number. I send the stuff back. I do not get a refund on my return shipping to them. They resend me the order and this time they get the grips right and the pants are the right size but a different style than what I ordered. I call them back up and they tell me that they were out of stock on the pants I wanted so rather than make me wait they just sent me a different style without my consent. Needless to say I have not and never will order from them again. Besides, their prices are too high anyway. By from somebody else and save yourself the headache!!!