PDA

View Full Version : Boise St

grEnAlEins
01-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Did anyone see that last play?!?!?! OMG!! AWSOME!! :wow: :cool: :D :hail: :shooting: :rofl: :spit_take :ninja:

afortuna
01-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Just watch that game from the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter on. You'll see some amazing football played by a non-BCS team against Oklahoma.

Sammy Sandbag
01-02-2007, 01:04 AM
That had to be one of the more spectacular finishes to a football game I've ever seen. Good job Boise! We need a playoff system!

grEnAlEins
01-02-2007, 01:04 AM
We need a playoff system!
:cheers: QFT

You just cannot beat a game like that. What a finish! An SOL play in OT! WOW!

Pneumagger
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
We need a playoff system!

The BCS generates so much money it's rediculous - NCAA will hold onto the BCS as long as it can.

Yes the playoff system is best... but it'll never happen unless you shorten the regular season to allow time for playoffs. Administrations will never allow thier football teams to carry 5 more weeks over into the following semesters, and it's not profitable to start the season a few weeks earlier - a few weeks before people even move onto campus. People need to remember they are students first, and the current schedule basically takes the entire fall semester already.

All that increasing the total number of games in a scholastic environment will do is lower grades, increase injuries, and persuade an even higher percentage of premature NFL draftees.

All this for what? For insignificant profit increases and your peace of mind at the end of the season?

/Although I could forsee some sort of playoffs for smaller D3 schools that only have 10 game seasons and finish up earlier.

wes
01-03-2007, 12:14 AM
/Although I could forsee some sort of playoffs for smaller D3 schools that only have 10 game seasons and finish up earlier.

D2 and D3's have a very effective playoff system. But there is no way in hell Boise State could have made it through the playoffs. Playoffs take such a hard toll on your body and the team. People get sick of one another and teams begin to fall apart, especially after a long season. The only reason D2 and D3's work so well because the athletes aren't on athletic scholarships and just play for true love of the game. Say what you will but the playoff system would never work out to anyones "Cinderella Story" standard.

Sammy Sandbag
01-03-2007, 12:22 AM
All this for what? For insignificant profit increases and your peace of mind at the end of the season?

Ha... Thanks for filling in the details for me, but I made no mention of what type of playoff system is needed, just that there needs to be something other than the current system. You are right though, the current bowl system (not just BCS) is too much of a money maker for the schools to let go of easily. But they could easily implement some sorta final four format. Also, what about reducing the amount of out-of-conference games most D1 schools play. There's no need for Florida to play Western Carolina.

BD_Paintball
01-03-2007, 12:30 AM
i saw it on sportcenter, it was pretty sweet and i love their blue turf even though they were not playing on it.

The only reason D2 and D3's work so well because the athletes aren't on athletic scholarships and just play for true love of the game.
they may not be on "athletic scholarships" but i know some of them are on "academic" scholarships. my sister got an "academic" scholarship to play softball.........

emumikey
01-03-2007, 08:03 AM
That coach from Boise St is going to need a shopping cart to tote his rocks up and down the sideline next season...

Ole Unka Phil
01-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Fantastic game. I did not plan to watch it all but it was like watching a train wreck. Glad I did stay up and watch it. Good show Boise. Knocked off Goliath. They are for real though. In spite of the few trick plays in the end, they played the Sooners almost straight up most of the game.

Lohman446
01-03-2007, 12:56 PM
i saw it on sportcenter, it was pretty sweet and i love their blue turf even though they were not playing on it.

they may not be on "athletic scholarships" but i know some of them are on "academic" scholarships. my sister got an "academic" scholarship to play softball.........

Agreed, I know a few people who had "academic" scholarships to wrestle...