PDA

View Full Version : Help with my used RT pro

Minion781
01-02-2007, 12:52 AM
I just recently purchased a used RT pro and it came with a few extra barrels. The problem im having is that 2 of the barrels have so tight a fit into the gun that I cannot actually twist lock it. I went by the local store and they recommended sanding down the barrel. I'm a new automag owner and just wanted to get a second opinion. thanks

Piranti
01-02-2007, 01:01 AM
May want to check the screw that holds the body to the rail/frame first. It may be in too tight and require a Washer as it will poke up through the steel body and rub catch the barrels. Another thing is to lube the orings on the barrels that will make them slide in a bit easier.

Minion781
01-02-2007, 01:24 AM
gave that a shot and still didn't work. The smart parts barrel and J&J barrel go in alright but the dye barrel won't even make it to the part twist lock assembly

Dubstar112
01-02-2007, 01:37 AM
The twist lock assm itself is adjustable. There should be a little screw on the bottom of it. Take some tension off of it. Do the other barrels lock in a little tight?

BigEvil
01-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Twist lock? Put some oil on the barrel orings, they probably are swollen. Change them when you get a chance.

ghostdog2019
01-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I had this problem with my J&J Edge kit with brand new orings. I actually had to bring out my dremel with a polishing tool and lightly shave down the oring at the nubbin. Then with a little oil smoothed over the orings the barrel slid in no problems at all. If when you go to push the barrel in the orings get caught and start to pull and twist then you defenitely need to oil the orings and might have to go as far as I had to.

Hope that helped
-Mike Brothman