PDA

View Full Version : New C02 on/ff valves

Pacifist_Farmer
01-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm trying to find a 9oz. C02 tank with an on/off rather than a Pin valve. I've checked my usual online retailers and two actual stores to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have found 20oz. tanks with on/off's and plain on/off's but no assembled tanks in my configuration.

GT
01-02-2007, 01:26 PM
You are probally going to have to purchase them seperate. For some reason I remeber it was an option for any CO2 tank from pbgear?

turbo chicken
01-02-2007, 03:10 PM
I'd be willing to bet that your local PB store has one "in the back" ... always ask at your local store ...

Pacifist_Farmer
01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Well part of the reason I'm trying to find an assembled one, is that the last store I asked at told me that they stopped carrying them because they had horrible leaking issues.

Hopefully if I purchased an assembled tank leaks would be warrantied to some degree.

DaFin
01-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Careful with the Pure Energy push button valves. I have 3 and 2 of them developed leaks within 1-2 days of play which my local store was all the more happy to charge me to fix Cha-Ching!

And this right after I tossed my old out of hydro bottles with nice screw type valves that had served me faithfully for soo long...

SR_matt
01-02-2007, 04:15 PM
^^ were those pmi tanks leaking from the pins or from the valve/tank threads

most of the on/off tanks your gona see have been assembled after the orignal tank was bought. one plus at least is that you can get an anti syphon tube set to your marker.

o ya i just rememberd you can get a piece that screws on to your tank and then has a normal tank threading on the other side that is basicaly an on off just liek you would have on a tank. i cant find them now but we had one laying around at the field i used to work at.

-matt

MANN
01-02-2007, 08:05 PM
are you wanting a new one?? I have had this bottle laying around for a few years. It worked once upon a time with a kapp type drop down. It has an on/off on the tank, and some type of peice attached to it to fill it/ observe the current pressure (also has output port that is to the left of the guage). I have tried to take the black thing off the top, but had no luck (didnt want to mar it). I no longer use CO2 and have no use for it. I think I have some 20 oz with on/off laying around also.

If your intrested I will fill my 20lb tank, and try it out. if not it will go back in the junque (good junk) pile

Pics :D

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/mannsports/th_IMG_1479.jpg (http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/mannsports/IMG_1479.jpg)
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/mannsports/th_IMG_1478.jpg (http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/mannsports/IMG_1478.jpg)

The guage is 0-4K i think. I have only used CO2 with it tho. I have no idea what it was originally suposto go with/be.

3DSteve
01-02-2007, 08:12 PM
This is the adaptor that goes between your pin valve and ASA to make an on/off
http://a-1paintballstore.com/Smart-Parts-Pre-Set-Smart-Valve.html
and here's an assembled 12oz. I know it's not what you're looking for, but it's close.
http://a-1paintballstore.com/12oz-Tank-with-On-and-Off-Valve.html

91Foxtrot
01-02-2007, 08:18 PM
I have a PMI with the push-button on/off. When I bought it, the guy filled it for me with no issues. I have had it filled two times since. Neither of the two fillers had ever filled them before, and I couldn't give them any tips on how to do it properly. The first guy filled it and it was leaking pretty bad. I just screwed it into my marker and played with it. At the end of the day, I turned off the valve, and it sealed fine with no leaks. The last time I had it filled was at the end of the day, and it leaked out until empty.

I have been meaning to write to PMI and ask how it should be done.

SR_matt
01-02-2007, 08:19 PM
o ya i forgot that SP made a newer one of those inline ones. the one we ahd was aon old brass thing

why may i ask do you want an on off tank? i mean i see the uses but with an on/off asa it kind of is almost pointless now. just my view of it though

-matt

captian pinky
01-02-2007, 08:33 PM
palmer makes an on/off valve

Pacifist_Farmer
01-02-2007, 08:42 PM
why may i ask do you want an on off tank? i mean i see the uses but with an on/off asa it kind of is almost pointless now. just my view of it though

-matt

You certianly may ask.

The tank is going into a 15 deg. asa, just like most foregrips. The 15 deg. asa I have does not have the male pin necessary to engage the pin in my tank's pin valve, thus I need either one of those smart parts adapters (thanks 3DSteve) or an actual on/off valve.

MANN: thanks but I think I'll pass

It says palmers has -1 in stock.

SR_matt
01-02-2007, 08:49 PM
o that makes perfect sence

hmmm depending on what gun your putting it on you could get a cmi 2000 reg and that would also help keep liquid out

-matt

FARMER00
01-02-2007, 10:10 PM
badlands.com has them but they are from canada

Pacifist_Farmer
01-03-2007, 07:34 AM
badlands.com has them but they are from canada

hmmm...thats promising, they have new 12 oz. tanks with the pure energy on/off, thats the push pin if I'm not mistaken.

That would be a more manageable size than a 20 oz.

I tried to pull the valves last night, key word is tried. My 9 oz. tanks pin valve doesn't have wrench flats, and they are both loctited in place. I'm still not real comfortable with using a torch on a thin walled pressure vessel, so my search continues for a new on tank on/off.

13thlegionnaireCapt
01-03-2007, 08:31 AM
hmmm...thats promising, they have new 12 oz. tanks with the pure energy on/off, thats the push pin if I'm not mistaken.

That would be a more manageable size than a 20 oz.

I tried to pull the valves last night, key word is tried. My 9 oz. tanks pin valve doesn't have wrench flats, and they are both loctited in place. I'm still not real comfortable with using a torch on a thin walled pressure vessel, so my search continues for a new on tank on/off.

if you are attempting to remove your valve..it is fairly easy with a few tools..lol..first of course if you have reservations about doing it .don't.. take it somewhere..(safety message)
a shop vise, a 2 or 3 inch wide leather strap and a smaller strap wrench and a duck bill etc to make sure there is no air or c02 in your tanks..possibly a propane torch if needed

wrap the tank with the leather strap and clamp the strap in the vise(make sure the strap is tight on the tank) next screw on the duck bill to vent tankand keep it on with pin valve open(as heat if needed to extract your valve, will sometimes make some pressure in the tank).

ok now you are ready to attempt the reg/valve removal..some(most if not all) valves are reverse threaded so got to try it to find out..if you cant move it either way, it is prolly loctited, but you can heat it slightly to "unlock" it, no need to heat it for a long period or extreme temp..just alittle heat is required, once heated unscrew it with the other strap wrench.

after removing the valve, i would suggest a thread chasing to remove any leftovers from the loctite and rinse the tank out with water to get out all the debris that may have fallen in it and then let it dry upside down.

get your new on/off ready put your loctite etc in a strip across the threads and when the tank is dry, screw it on and let it sit for 24 hrs and mark it with the safety align marks(just something i do so you know if your valve is unscrewing when it is not supposed too!)

hope I helped ya out to try to do your valve swap out..

Pacifist_Farmer
01-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Thank you, that was a very good write up of the process.

I am familiar with how to remove tank valves and good care and maintenance of tanks, but it is always refreshing to hear some one confirm that your doing it right.

What I attempted last night was a half hearted attempt, I am still much more interested in a new tank.

13thlegionnaireCapt
01-03-2007, 12:36 PM
no prob..and sorry if i offended..guess i should have asked if you knew the process first...but i tried..lol

FARMER00
01-03-2007, 12:39 PM

not pushpin its a push on/off, you press the button once and the co2 will be let out then u push it again and its off. you dont need to screw it in like a pin valve. not as good as the 32* or smartparts ones but that is all i can find for you

Pacifist_Farmer
01-03-2007, 02:34 PM
no prob..and sorry if i offended..guess i should have asked if you knew the process first...but i tried..lol

No offense taken, in fact it was refreshing to read a good post, especially the way it has been around here lately.

not pushpin its a push on/off, you press the button once and the co2 will be let out then u push it again and its off. you dont need to screw it in like a pin valve. not as good as the 32* or smartparts ones but that is all i can find for you

Correct, I used the wrong terminology ("pushpin"), the on/off is a pin style as opposed to a rotary style. I appreciate the find.

SR_matt
01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
13thlegionnaireCapt, you said tank threads are reversed? are you sure, i know O2 and pipe threads are usually reversed but i dont ever remember seeing a tank vavle with reverse threads to attach it.

-matt

Swampy
01-03-2007, 08:38 PM
I got two of them if you want them pm me.