PDA

View Full Version : Spydermag tuning?

tac one
01-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I got my Spyder frame for my Tac One automag and I'm able to rapid fire about 10 to 12 bps with the spyder frame, but then the trigger goes limp with no air pressure. If you wait about a second or 2, you can hear air pressure build up and the trigger pops out ready to fire again. It does it all the time. The frame I have is the spyder rocker trigger.

HELP!! :cry:

Pneumagger
01-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Pictars.

Lube the ULT on off.

SR_matt
01-02-2007, 08:33 PM
it coudl also be that the pin is not getting pulled back all the way when it shoots. its so close to shooting its not even funny but it still hasnt triped.

that happened on my friends mech mag and once we adjsuted the trigger on his UMF it worked ok.

-matt

tac one
01-02-2007, 09:37 PM
it coudl also be that the pin is not getting pulled back all the way when it shoots. its so close to shooting its not even funny but it still hasnt triped.

that happened on my friends mech mag and once we adjsuted the trigger on his UMF it worked ok.

-matt

How did you adjust it?

The_Don_83
01-02-2007, 11:54 PM
I had the same type of problem with my ULE Custom. I would shoot and the all of a sudden I would lose air pressure and the trigger would go limp. I called up Roman :headbang: on the Airgun Design Tech phone line and told him the problem. It was the spring I was using. I was using a longer silver spring compared to the red or gold (yellow-ish) spring. If you’re using an x-valve it should be red or gold (yellow-ish).

The only thing different from this issue to yours is that I’m not using a spyder trigger so I’m not sure this helped…. Good Luck! :cheers:

SR_matt
01-03-2007, 03:20 PM
idk exactly what to tell you since its a spyder mag frame, but if you can make the pin get pushed farther that might help it

-matt

BigEvil
01-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Can I assume that its an xvalve we are talking about here? Either way, cram as many shims as you can into the ult. I even shaved the pin on the one I built long long ago.

If you have a mech frame available, make sure the ult and valve are functioning properly with it. Then go from there.

tac one
01-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Yes it is an X-valve. I already put enough shims. Anymore, it won't fit in the body. I'm going to try the spring because it is a silver one in it. I'll try see with red or yellow.

Thanks....

Give me more soutions please. You guys rock! :headbang:

flyingpootang
01-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Sounds like the on/off may be a little tight. Remove it and check for free movement and dirt. Oil it well as well as checking to see if the o-ring is not binding.

baddogsrus
01-06-2007, 03:00 PM
You might want to try adjusting the carrier (i.e., experiment with larger carriers). The bolt might not completely seat against the bumper and not allow the sear to reset. This happened with my X-valve.

LinearGoose
01-06-2007, 04:02 PM
This happens with hyperframes if I recall. Sort of the same except yours is a spyder. I think to fix it all you need to do is change your spings and maybe lube up the ult.

chettacheez
01-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Use the gold spring, go up a carrier size, and clean out your valve

tac one
01-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Use the gold spring, go up a carrier size, and clean out your valve

What do you mean carrier size?

SR_matt
01-07-2007, 08:46 AM
the level 10 carrier that is in side your powerr tube. go up to resources and level ten guide on any page here and it will walk you through some of the tuning, im pretty sure the indepth instalation part will help you understand all of that.

-matt