PDA

View Full Version : invert mini or proto rail matrix

nathanjones008
01-03-2007, 11:43 AM
hey guys. i am about to purcahse one of the fine markers. a invert mini or a proto rail. i am wondering if any of you guys have used any of the guns either testing them or using them in a game. if you have used both of them which one do you perfer. also what you do not like about them.

thanks.

p.s these markets cost exactly the same 399.00

Outlaw5
01-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I have tested and fired the Mini invert extensively and I believe this to be an exceptional marker. This is what a new AGD marker should have become. I have completely disassembled this marker and its ease of maintenance, size and ROF is all you will ever need. I have fired the Proto rail and it is also a great marker but I believe the maintenance will be alittle more involved. Additionally, the Mini needs no upgrades. A barrel kit would be the only thing if that is your preference but that goes with any new marker. I think you would want to upgrade the feed neck and possiblily the grip frame of the Proto rail as the trigger has a bit of side to side play. (the Mini has far less side to side play). Well, you should shoot both prior to choosing but that is my .02. Good Luck. "Outlaw5"

hey guys. i am about to purcahse one of the fine markers. a invert mini or a proto rail. i am wondering if any of you guys have used any of the guns either testing them or using them in a game. if you have used both of them which one do you perfer. also what you do not like about them.

thanks.

Pneumagger
01-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I think the mini is the better gun... but I'd wait a few moths until they get all the bugs out.; There seems to be more mini's with glitches than the PMR.

Plus in a few months there will be aftermarket upgrades for the mini.
Personally I am waiting for a short drop forward, or a less hideous reg/asa.
I would actually love to use a manifold maxflow, and just run the air into the bottom of the frame.

geekwarrior
01-03-2007, 12:14 PM
I haven't shot a Rail yet, but I own a Mini.

The Mini is light, fast, easy to maintain, tiny, with little to no kick, and very quiet. Comes with a cool case, spare parts, tools, very cool. I love shooting it. Go to pbnation, the Invert forum, and watch some of the tech vids in the stickies. Very easy to break down and maintain.

However, at this moment they are hard to get a hold of, so you might be waiting awhile. Rumor on the nation is that they are holding shipments on more Mini's until the production bugs have been worked out. Some of the Mini's (mine included) are having a few board issues, tunring off randomly and draining the battery overnight. They are currently working on fixing this.

So if you decide on the Mini, you might be waiting a little while to get on. That might not be a bad thing as they will have the bugs worked out by than. (hopefully)

The upgrades i would maybe get is a new trigger (a little side to side play in the stock), but thats about it. Maybe an aftermarket board down the road, if I'm feeling rich.

I think it is/will be a great marker, with alot of upgrades available in the near future. Great marker, especially for the price. I have heard good things about the Rail to, but I personally like the Mini alot better. I would suggest shooting both to see which you like.

nathanjones008
01-03-2007, 12:24 PM
i heard that you can put a drop forward on a mini. so some it is annoying to others a good drop they do not need a drop forward. all i asking is, is it impossible to put a drop forward on the gun? that is the only t :clap: urn off.

geekwarrior
01-03-2007, 12:41 PM
i heard that you can put a drop forward on a mini. so some it is annoying to others a good drop they do not need a drop forward. all i asking is, is it impossible to put a drop forward on the gun? that is the only t :clap: urn off.

at this point, no you cant put a drop on it, but i'm sure in the very new future you will be able to.. I pesonally don't think it needs a drop. I have a 68 on it, and for me it's perfect. But thats personal preference.

Pneumagger
01-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Jay made an air-thru drop for the PTP Pneuframe. I say it's time to whip that out again Jay.
PTP with the first real Mini aftermarket FTW!

Lohman446
01-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Personally I'm waiting for an Invert

I ordered an Ion to hold me over until then....

rkjunior303
01-03-2007, 01:21 PM

you couldnt stay away for long, eh?

Lohman446
01-03-2007, 01:23 PM
you couldnt stay away for long, eh?

I made a deal that allows me to play in the lowest brackets (bascially I have to play with the least experienced players each tourney) locally. It should help me not be around the people that annoy me as much.

Had to take a break
Came close to strangling someone

geekwarrior
01-03-2007, 01:30 PM

wise choice on waiting, seems theres a few bugs to be worked out. I'm sending in my Mini to have my board replaced. :(

...i actually am going to have an Ion as a back up. Have a Lucky 5.1 on preoder :clap:

Lohman446
01-03-2007, 01:40 PM
wise choice on waiting, seems theres a few bugs to be worked out. I'm sending in my Mini to have my board replaced. :(

...i actually am going to have an Ion as a back up. Have a Lucky 5.1 on preoder :clap:

Mines on order but its one of those no hurry orders.... Well, not being patient, I asked him to put me together an Ion / Tank / Loader for this weekend... when the invert gets here, well chances are my GF or sister will inherit the Ion setup

First 3-man rookie is going to be me, sister (never played or even watched), gf (watched twice)

etjoyride
01-03-2007, 02:08 PM
^ I'm sorry ;)

I hope either you're as good as i think you are or your sister and GF get some awesome beginners luck :p

Lohman446
01-03-2007, 02:09 PM
^ I'm sorry ;)

I hope either you're as good as i think you are or your sister and GF get some awesome beginners luck :p

We're gonna get destroyed.... It was always my team that made me look good

nathanjones008
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
for those of you that have minis what set up do you have?

thanks

paintballfiend
01-04-2007, 12:58 PM
No v.s threads!!!!

:rofl:

Rudz
01-04-2007, 01:07 PM
dp fusions?

FA22RaptorF22
01-04-2007, 01:12 PM

thanks.

p.s these markets cost exactly the same 399.00

A mini is better. Its based off a mag...the trix isn't.

iambored
01-04-2007, 02:43 PM
o rly?
Since when were spoolers made off of mags?

FA22RaptorF22
01-04-2007, 02:46 PM
electro-pneumatic xvalve....kinda..

i hate them...

Arstron
01-04-2007, 02:50 PM
dp fusions?

$25 cheaper, excelent customer service, no microswitch like the mini (optical trigger sensor), break beam eyes, 8 modes with a max of 25 bps (limited by the board), and you can get roughly 1500 shots off of a 68/45 right out of the box (after setting the regs). Its work looking into. ;)

BigEvil
01-04-2007, 02:50 PM
I know we have nothing new from AGD to talk about except the latest rumors, but does it strike anyone else odd that here on the Automag forum everyone is talking about every other gun BUT mags LOL

Oh, MINI - without a doubt, but WAIT!!!

rkjunior303
01-04-2007, 03:19 PM

maybe you should learn about something before you open up your mouth about it.

Lohman446
01-04-2007, 03:22 PM
maybe you should learn about something before you open up your mouth about it.

What fun would that be?

paintballfiend
01-04-2007, 03:28 PM
What fun would that be?

QFT!!!

paintballfiend
01-04-2007, 03:30 PM
What similarities does the Mini have with a Mag, other than it kind of looks like one?

geekwarrior
01-04-2007, 03:35 PM
What similarities does the Mini have with a Mag, other than it kind of looks like one?

a spring returned bolt, and a valve that can come out the back with one screw, hall sensor...thats about it. :rolleyes:

fullofpaint
01-04-2007, 06:32 PM
i own a mini and my friend got a PMR. *'d have3 to say a mini, the PMR felt very cheap to me with all the platicky parts especially the trigger. But both shoot about the same; small kick, decent on air, fast, easy to maintain. I'd say trey to find saomeone who has one and shoot it and see how you like it

Lohman446
01-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I bought a PMR today actually rather than the Ion I had asked the shop for, seems to shoot well, fast, and I expect normal matrix efficiency (ie, not great). Not to mention that it, the 45/45, Pulse loader, and two cases of paint all came out to far less than I paid for a Minion last year

My invert is still on order

The PMR feels as sturdy from frame to body as any of the Matrix's I have owned (which is to say you thought with enough force you could split them). I noticed obvioulsy an LPR missing, and the marker is noticeably loud. That being said, it functions fine, has good options on the board for use (PS this is a tiny board, may be used for other things) without being too complex. The frame also feels like a UL frame, at least in dimensions (no I did not measure) It is also very noticeably smaller than a PM6.