PDA

View Full Version : I need advice about ASA on/off

RavishingEddie
01-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Ok I have to get something that bleeds the air out of the hose of my Emag, but it cannot be one that has the front turning knob like the CP on/off. It is kind of complicated to explain but my set up only allows me to use a push button or the 1/4 turn knob type ASA.
Here are the ones that I am thinking of getting. Can you guys tell me what are the cons of these types of ASAs? Do you guys know any other ones made by someone other than Hybrid? I have always used CP on/offs but my setup does not allow me to use one. :(

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/paintballgate_1931_73518134

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/paintballgate_1931_71321702

SR_matt
01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
the second oen will bleed off, only problem is the need of a rail to put it on, you also have to screw the tank in under psi so its a little harder but not a big deal

-matt

RavishingEddie
01-03-2007, 05:13 PM
the second oen will bleed off, only problem is the need of a rail to put it on, you also have to screw the tank in under psi so its a little harder but not a big deal

-matt

So even if I have it in the off position the tank will still be hard to screw in? :( I already have the rail so that is no problem for me.

robnix
01-03-2007, 05:17 PM
So even if I have it in the off position the tank will still be hard to screw in? :( I already have the rail so that is no problem for me.

No, I've used those Hybrid push buttons before. They're very nice and easy to use.

RavishingEddie
01-03-2007, 05:41 PM
No, I've used those Hybrid push buttons before. They're very nice and easy to use.

Cool, Thanks guys. I am looking forward to getting one now.

etjoyride
01-03-2007, 06:00 PM
I have a hybrid push on/off, extremely easy to use, also if you decide you want a 1.4 turn one later on there is a decent SP one.

CKY_Alliance
01-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Function has a pushed button on/off as well....

robnix
01-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Function has a pushed button on/off as well....

Had one on my emag. Nice and very easy action plus it's a direct mount. No Bleed though.

rkjunior303
01-03-2007, 07:42 PM
even the systemx sliders werent bad either.., just had to oil the oring in the pushbutton once in a while

RavishingEddie
01-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah those others seem good, but when you have a mag you have to have a bleeder. I frequently remove the Xvalve to clean and I hate having to hear a pop from the pressure when I seperate the quick disconnects.

CKY_Alliance
01-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Had one on my emag. Nice and very easy action plus it's a direct mount. No Bleed though.

I thought the new ones had bleed?..maybe not..

Smart parts has a quarter turn one as well, not sure if it has bleed or not.

don miguel
01-03-2007, 08:50 PM
is the whole "bleed" thing real, or a scam? how does a "bleed" valve "bleed" air? I have a cp on/off bleed, and a CCM on/off w/o bleed, and there dosen't seem to be a big difference between them. They both gush air out after I turn them off, one isn't different than the other. im confused!

SR_matt
01-03-2007, 10:01 PM
i mean as apposed to the on offs you screw the tank in then turn the air on as apposed to like a duck bill type asa.

they are nice asa's just wanted to but that out there that its not as easy to screw the tank in as a screw type on off

yes don the bleed valves bleed air by desing the others bleed because the on off has been unthreaded past an oring that seales it

-matt

d4m4don3
01-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Ok I have to get something that bleeds the air out of the hose of my Emag, but it cannot be one that has the front turning knob like the CP on/off. It is kind of complicated to explain but my set up only allows me to use a push button or the 1/4 turn knob type ASA.
Here are the ones that I am thinking of getting. Can you guys tell me what are the cons of these types of ASAs? Do you guys know any other ones made by someone other than Hybrid? I have always used CP on/offs but my setup does not allow me to use one. :(

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/paintballgate_1931_73518134

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/paintballgate_1931_71321702

Only thing I don't like about the hybrid pushbutton is you'll eventually have to take the thing apart if an O-ring goes bad sorta like the dynaflow, although the flow has a better pushbutton.

SR_matt
01-04-2007, 03:22 PM
i havent actualy seen the hybrid push buttons go bad (also its not to complex, you un scrrew it and there are a couple orings (if that many) on the piece that slides back and forth.

its not to comples
-matt