PDA

View Full Version : Tac-One won't shoot.

J4rg1n
01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I just got my Tac-One last month but since I've had it my gun won't shoot. I took my gun to our paintball field and the repairs guy said my trigger pin wasn't pressurizing enough (I have trigger pull resistance when the gun is gased but the pin isn't being pushed out as much as it should). I tried to take out some spacers in the ULE kit like the repairs guy said but still no luck. I'm using compressed air so thats not the problem. I'm thinking either I don't have the PSI high enough (I don't want to mess with it and over pressurize the gun) or that I'm missing parts or I don't have them arranged right.

geekwarrior
01-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Is your tank high or low pressure? needs to be high and you need at least 800psi in your tank

Do you have the stock on/off? may want to give that a try first

Have you tried turing up the velocity?

Piranti
01-04-2007, 03:47 PM
On a mag the only way to overpressurize it is to hook it directly upto a 3k+ PSI tank Like some scuba's or Commercial Air tanks. The valve is rated for 3k psi. Is your tank a low pressure tank on the gun? Mags like pressure, the more the better :D . Measure the on/off pin length, that could also be too short. The other thing to check as well is your field strip screw too tight ? you should be able to unscrew it easily with your fingers. It should be snug and not require alot of force or an allen wrench to remove it. The sear Pin might also be out of adjustment. Can measure the lengths of that and the on/off pin the proper specs can be found somehwere in this forum. ( I am too lazy to search fr it offhand :p )

Hope this helps.

J4rg1n
01-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah I've got a high pressure tank, I've installed my stock trigger pull kit also but it did'nt work so right now the ULE is in, I have my velocity down right now so I don't screw something up. Right now I'm taking out my ULE and putting in my stock trigger setup. I'll see what happens.

geekwarrior
01-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah I've got a high pressure tank, I've installed my stock trigger pull kit also but it did'nt work so right now the ULE is in, I have my velocity down right now so I don't screw something up. Right now I'm taking out my ULE and putting in my stock trigger setup. I'll see what happens.

that'd be the first thing to try...and dont be afraid to turn the velocity up like my man piranti said. Air will start blowing out the back of the valve if it gets to high, but it wont hurt anything.

As for the trigger/rod, the trigger isnt suppose to be resting against the rod, there should be a little space inbetween...

Pneumagger
01-04-2007, 03:53 PM
I just got my Tac-One last month but since I've had it my gun won't shoot. I took my gun to our paintball field and the repairs guy said my trigger pin wasn't pressurizing enough (I have trigger pull resistance when the gun is gased but the pin isn't being pushed out as much as it should). I tried to take out some spacers in the ULE kit like the repairs guy said but still no luck. I'm using compressed air so thats not the problem. I'm thinking either I don't have the PSI high enough (I don't want to mess with it and over pressurize the gun) or that I'm missing parts or I don't have them arranged right.
Your repair guy is a retard :cheers:

Try turning up the velocity. Mags don't activate with the velocity too low.

Try a shorter LX spring.

Be sure you have an HP tank (although an LP @ 400psi should still be able to cycle the gun weakly)
See if the gun can cycle with CO2. JUST TEST FIRE IT ONCE OR TWICE - DON'T SHOOT FAST WITH THE Co2.

Try an RT on/off

Adjust trigger rod if the trigger rod if needed.

SR_matt
01-04-2007, 04:16 PM
with the kit in and it wouldnt shoot did the pin stay back or did it pop back forward?

if the pin is just not letting it fire but staying back load up the ult shims

if the pin stayed back you can also try to slap your gun on teh side or back (not lightly you need to b**** slap it for lack of a better term) and if it fires the pin is just not getting pushed back enough.

-matt

J4rg1n
01-04-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm pretty sure my tank doesn't have enough air in it. When I had it filled I tried fix the gun and I got the bolt to fire because the gun made a very loud pop (don't know if thats a good sign). But now that my tank has been used in fixing it's lost most of it's air due to venting so even though I turn the regulator nut all of the way to the left nothing happens. I'll fill my tank sometime and see what I can do.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Ken Majors
01-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Use plenty of oil and do all the stuff they said^^^^up there

geekwarrior
01-04-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty sure my tank doesn't have enough air in it. When I had it filled I tried fix the gun and I got the bolt to fire because the gun made a very loud pop (don't know if thats a good sign). But now that my tank has been used in fixing it's lost most of it's air due to venting so even though I turn the regulator nut all of the way to the left nothing happens. I'll fill my tank sometime and see what I can do.

Thanks for the help everyone.

yeah, you need at lest 600-800 psi left in your tank for it to cycle