PDA

View Full Version : FLatline help?

txaggie08
01-04-2007, 06:12 PM
:tard: :tard:

Ok, I aired up the new emag with the flatline, obviously wasnt getting enough pressure for the valve to reset, so i cranked up the max flo(pulled the front screw off, adjusted the internal piece then put the frotn back on....thats how i was told to do it, probably did it wrong.). When i regassed it up, it blew the face of my lp gauge off, and the xvalve started venting like crazy. The valve will still cycle(although it doesnt seem to be doing so consistently, i think i have the wrong on/off pin....have the righ one coming), but my flatline is venting like crazy. Ive turned it WAY down, but it still is firing air out the front adjust.

Ideas?

txaggie08
01-04-2007, 06:47 PM
:tard: :tard:

Ok, I aired up the new emag with the flatline, obviously wasnt getting enough pressure for the valve to reset, so i cranked up the max flo(pulled the front screw off, adjusted the internal piece then put the frotn back on....thats how i was told to do it, probably did it wrong.). When i regassed it up, it blew the face of my lp gauge off, and the xvalve started venting like crazy. The valve will still cycle(although it doesnt seem to be doing so consistently, i think i have the wrong on/off pin....have the righ one coming), but my flatline is venting like crazy. Ive turned it WAY down, but it still is firing air out the front adjust.

Ideas?

aprently i WAS doing it wrong.

So what have a i done by tampering with that set screw under the adjustment? The maintenance thread is hotoless and doesnt exactly cover this issue.

pennywise
01-05-2007, 01:40 AM
The Flatline regulator works just like the reg on your Mag. If by "set screw" you mean the nut that goes around the threaded adjusting nut (at the front of your reg), then you loosen that to adjust the amount of pressure out of the tank (right, or in, for higher output). After you get your pressure adjusted, put the nut back on and hand-tighten it down. That is the only way to adjust your output pressure.

By LP gauge, do you mean the output pressure gauge on your Flatline, or another LP gauge mounted on your gun? New gauges aren't that expensive to replace. Also I have heard that the mini gauges aren't especially accurate, so take heed when using them.

txaggie08
01-05-2007, 01:51 AM
no i meant the set screw UNDER the main presure nut. IM not entirley shure but that might not be what going on but i dont know. i need to et some more air in the tank and tinker a bit.

By LP gauge i mean the output gauge(wich was brand new). It was a bob long 1000psi gauge.

pennywise
01-05-2007, 06:23 AM
Ahh...sorry man, I haven't had to mess with mine like that. What Flatline do you have: 3k or 4.5k? (mine's 3k)

All of my questions were answered by BlackVCG back in the day. I haven't seen him around in a while, but he might still lurk and respond to PMs.

Sorry for the lack of help!

txaggie08
01-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Ahh...sorry man, I haven't had to mess with mine like that. What Flatline do you have: 3k or 4.5k? (mine's 3k)

All of my questions were answered by BlackVCG back in the day. I haven't seen him around in a while, but he might still lurk and respond to PMs.

Sorry for the lack of help!

sok, mines a 4.5k . Its spluttering out of the reg almost like its firing, then just shooting a jet out. I think the set screw is to far out, but im not shure ive got it back in far enough or not....

pennywise
01-06-2007, 04:51 PM
If nothing else, hit up Tunaman--he'll either help via PMs or have you send it to him. Either way, he'll be able to get it working for you.

txaggie08
01-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I think what happened was this.

I backed the wrong crew out, and it was blowing air out the pop-off up front. The reg piston has also snapped.

I need to get a new reg piston, reassemble it, and i bet it works just fine.

pennywise
01-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Good luck.