PDA

View Full Version : How fast can you shoot?

bryceeden
01-05-2007, 08:16 PM
How fast can you actually shoot in a game? Assuming NPPL legal. With my Timmy I'm lucky if I can break 13 for any more than a short burst which I know is rather slow but I was wondering what everyone else can do.

don miguel
01-05-2007, 08:19 PM
:p as fast as I can pump. ;) as for my mag, the on/off pin bounces causing reactive double firing, so for that one, I can get it to do around 25, it will chop like a mofo, and brake a couple orings, but it sounds cool. :p

jenarelJAM
01-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I've been goldwaved around 12 I believe. That's with my right hand. My left is way slower, like 8.

MoeMag
01-05-2007, 08:24 PM
...fast enough.

I know this is a can o worms but hey.
I can max out empire b-b2, halo b-v35, Pulse w/rf. I havent gold waved myself but maxing out loaders I'm sure of, I have witnesses.

VFX_Fenix
01-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Entirely not fast enough for some people apparently. Personal best was on a stock Angel LCD which clocked my best ROF at 14bps, I'd wager I'm much closer to 9 or 10 durring actual game play if not even lower.

jenarelJAM
01-05-2007, 08:59 PM
...fast enough.

I can max out empire b-b2, halo b-v35, Pulse w/rf. I havent gold waved myself but maxing out loaders I'm sure of, I have witnesses.
Ramping?
If not, I definately want to see a vid. Eyes off, pulse, and I want to see a chop. :D

Pneumagger
01-05-2007, 09:00 PM
On a pneuframe I can hit 14 alot over a chrony just about any. I goldwaved my self @ 14 sustained once also with a peak ROF of 16+. I also got an Xmodded emag counter up to 16 once also... but I don't know how accurate that is.

I'd wager I'm much closer to 9 or 10 durring actual game play if not even lower.

Yeah.. I'd have to agree with that. Sure, I can hit higher ROF's. But my eyes are closed and one hand's completely off the gun walking hte trigger. I'll bet I hit no more than 9 BPS in a game, unless I decide to post up and waste the rest of the paint in the last game of the day.

bryceeden
01-05-2007, 09:13 PM
On a pneuframe I can hit 14 alot over a chrony just about any. I goldwaved my self @ 14 sustained once also with a peak ROF of 16+. I also got an Xmodded emag counter up to 16 once also... but I don't know how accurate that is.

Yeah.. I'd have to agree with that. Sure, I can hit higher ROF's. But my eyes are closed and one hand's completely off the gun walking hte trigger. I'll bet I hit no more than 9 BPS in a game, unless I decide to post up and waste the rest of the paint in the last game of the day.

Thats kind of what I was wondering about, I can do like 17 on my Xmod E-mag but its the same thing, one hand off the gun(I do keep my eyes open though) not exactly game realistic. Then again in most games I slide my hand down and only have one finger on the trigger after the initial break out. I was just wondering what peoples actually in game estimate is. I know mines alot slower usually really only 5 or 6 most of the time(one finger) but I rarely need to hose out alot of paint.

bryceeden
01-05-2007, 09:16 PM
...fast enough.

NPPL legal? That means no ramping no trigger bounce no nothing but your actual fingers, if you can shoot that fast completly on your own you sir are amazing! And I also would like to see a video.

MoeMag
01-05-2007, 09:32 PM
NPPL legal? That means no ramping no trigger bounce no nothing but your actual fingers, if you can shoot that fast completly on your own you sir are amazing! And I also would like to see a video.

Sorry no vid. but if anyone knows how to post a mp3 or a wav lmk. I just messed with the trigger (this is just the trigger noise, no electronics or anything on my dm3) and recorded it and you could clearly make out 3 finger pulse then the time needed to reset and another pulse. All in all with a a few burps I counted out... well alot. I will let the file speak for itself if it can get posted.
EDIT:
I swear that this is raw data, of just the trigger stop making contact on my gun frame. you can see the three finger pulse fairly well even though its very consistent. I will send anyone the sound file via e-mail if you really want to hear it.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/triggergraph.jpg

On a further note. At the start of the recording I did a few trigger pulls to analyze the noise. The trigger makes a noise on the “fire stroke” (hitting the microswitch) and on the “return stroke” (hitting the return trigger stop). The fire stokes occur in the –25db to –35db. The return stokes hit at about –40db at the max. taking this into account not every peak in the 14-15 range is a shot. However many of the shots are close enough together that the trigger did not have time to return and make that noise which usually happens on my last shot in a series of 3 due to the time to reset my fingers and start the next sequence. Taking this into account it looks like I’m getting about 23-24 sps, which is what I stand by when I’m actually shooting. Which I might add out shoots just about every hopper on the market, and is undistinguishable from full ramp on a gun set to monitor paint with eyes. Not to mention I kept it up for nearly 9 seconds equalling well over an entire hopper. I guess Im just used to stopping after a hoppers worth to reload, I wasnt even thinking about how long I should shoot for.

Piranti
01-05-2007, 09:37 PM
When I had my emag with the original Trigger, if I did a certain move I could easily get 25+. Raking a single or double fingers up and down on the bumps on the trigger :p Normal Walking eh maybe 12 if I am real lucky and have the trigger exactly how I need it to do that.

Farnja
01-05-2007, 09:45 PM
If the 8-9 balls in a second don't hit the target i doubt the 10-15th will either... I agree, it's hard to get more than 9-10 in a game unless your sole purpose is cranking out balls...

FARMER00
01-05-2007, 10:02 PM
on my mech mag with a benchmark 2 finger frame about 5-7 on my pmi i maxed it out at the 13(thats what it is capped at)

warbeak2099
01-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Consistantly? 11-13bps. I have reached 21bps before but I can't sustain that. No one can.

wjr
01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
On my mech mag I shot mabye 3 bps at most. On my blazer I can probably get 5 or 6.

I hope to get in the 10 range with the cyclone fed pneumag I'm making.

CKY_Alliance
01-06-2007, 12:24 AM
According to my friends Ego: 15-17 left and right handed..and i cannot roll on his trigger near as fast as i can on my proto...im gonna try and get a video,so i can get some goldwave action.

Glickman
01-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Consistantly? 11-13bps. I have reached 21bps before but I can't sustain that. No one can.

debounce is at what though? ;)

im at the same, pretty consistant at 10bps
lefty, im a damn consistant 4bps :clap:

GT
01-06-2007, 12:32 AM
:p as fast as I can pump. ;) :p

What pump do you own?

txaggie08
01-06-2007, 02:45 AM
How fast can you actually shoot in a game? Assuming NPPL legal. With my Timmy I'm lucky if I can break 13 for any more than a short burst which I know is rather slow but I was wondering what everyone else can do.

according to pr-t mode on the emag i can pull a pretty consist 13-15. Thats about right, I usualy can top the board out on my imp with eyes off(thats 15).

Skoad
01-06-2007, 03:06 AM
probably however fast im shooting in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rairGLdurQ). Just my old dm4 (tadao, pre-modes). Halo busted a ball at the end so eyes got blocked and shot funny. Dunno how fast it is.

edit: i don't even know if youtube video works, keeps flipping out when i try to go view it.. ohwells

phizz
01-06-2007, 03:29 AM
I'm about 9 single finger and about 8 trying to walk the trigger ;)

Maggot6
01-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Does noone remember the AO BPS challenge? I think it was Lohman that challenged everyone to live up to their word and shoot as fast as they could for a prize, forget how much money...

The winner has his title under his user name (68MagOwner), and if I remember he only shot like 13-14 (ok, maybe 15.8) bps...

Edit

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=175620&highlight=Lohman+BPS

Lohman446
01-06-2007, 07:46 AM
And as with most things talking about BPS the P was silent for a lot of people. I had heard a lot of awe inspiring numbers before the contest, during a lot of people had a lot of "technical" issues to not post a video.

mobsterboy
01-06-2007, 10:01 AM
hehehe
Lohman, you sly dog you. I see what you did there

FA22RaptorF22
01-06-2007, 10:15 AM
i can walk almost 15 on my emag trigger.

turbo chicken
01-06-2007, 10:26 AM
With the PGP maybe 2 BPS

i peaked one time at 16 and another at 18 ... i have never ever repeated either of these... they were both a fluke and will probably never happen again.

i can hit 14 in burst on a crono every once in a while but i can only reach that a couple of times in a test. And it is in short burst

i have done a hopper test and averaged 9.?? BPS so manytimes i can't count so I'd say my actuall field speed would be a consistant 9-10BPS

I have cronoed my self with the minimag w/benchmark single trigger @ 8 bps peak and 6-7 average in hopper test.

Old mech spyder fanning the trigger 10 BPS

This is why i will never pay more than 150.00 for an electro ... i doesn't matter what i shoot ... illl still be around 10bps ...

master_alexander
01-06-2007, 12:33 PM
no ramping, emag. cant beat a hall sensor :)

14 with right
16 with left

im right handed, and i dont understand what went wrong there..

(i have an advantage, ive played piano for 10 years.)

bryceeden
01-06-2007, 01:28 PM
no ramping, emag. cant beat a hall sensor :)

14 with right
16 with left

im right handed, and i dont understand what went wrong there..

(i have an advantage, ive played piano for 10 years.)

Wow, I may have to take up the piano, I'm lucky if I can hit 6 left handed for short bursts.

Pneumagger
01-06-2007, 01:46 PM
My left is way faster than my right, But I can't aim lefty so I shoot crosshanded out of the left side.

But, yeah - many right handed guitarists will shoot faster with their left hand.

nate2k191
01-06-2007, 02:00 PM
emag is easy to walk on semi (with x-mod) i can hold 15 and go to 16-17 sometimes. x-valve w/ ult can go 5-8 probably

fullofpaint
01-06-2007, 05:44 PM
raking my DM5 with the stock trigger idk how fast but I'd say 17-20, pretty sure it was bouncing but I never bother to check. Realisitically, 12ish.

But I swear I know a kid who can hit 17-18 and his gun would pass the robot. He honestly has no life and just sits at his computer and walks the trigger all day on his gun.

buzzboy
01-06-2007, 05:49 PM
On legal semi on my Vike I can just outshoot a revy. With a little bounce she can almost outshoot a halo :D

BD_Paintball
01-06-2007, 05:54 PM
legal semi i get about 13-15 maybe more on short bursts.

p8ntbal4me
01-06-2007, 10:32 PM
I can get 17Cps out of my Micro E-Mag. (I know, I know,. videos please!)
Im working on a project now and Goldwave plus video is not something I have time for.
My other emag I can get 14-16Bps actually pullling the trigger, hybrid, no R/T Bounce, single finger fanning it. Not accurate for playing,... but its what the XMod says Im shooting.

Anyone that has an emag that DOES NOT have the XMOD,.... its worth your money! I sat on it for some time, got another emag and then bought it to try. I am now kicking myself for not having it earlier! 20Bps with an emag turns heads! Til they figure out its a mag,... then the comments come rolling in! Seriously,.. buy the XMOD,..... its worth it.

Lohman446
01-06-2007, 10:43 PM
$20 to the first person to supply me a video that meets the requirements of the AO BPS contest and, per those rules, sustains a verifiable 17BPS plus. Come on guys, we've heard it, lets see it.

bryceeden
01-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Anyone that has an emag that DOES NOT have the XMOD,.... its worth your money! I sat on it for some time, got another emag and then bought it to try. I am now kicking myself for not having it earlier! 20Bps with an emag turns heads! Til they figure out its a mag,... then the comments come rolling in! Seriously,.. buy the XMOD,..... its worth it.

I second that

jenarelJAM
01-07-2007, 04:43 PM
$20 to the first person to supply me a video that meets the requirements of the AO BPS contest and, per those rules, sustains a verifiable 17BPS plus. Come on guys, we've heard it, lets see it.
I second THAT :clap: I loved that bps challenge. It was really fun getting everything together to take the vid, posting it up, and seeing how fast I really was. I didn't win anything, but it was worth it.

/1000 posts!

gus13
01-07-2007, 06:58 PM
I got the best ROF out there; one ball per face! :D

Triangle
01-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Leatherpants had the fastest fingers I've ever seen.
I wish he was still around.

/i bet he's eating a sammich right now

mobsterboy
01-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Leatherpants had the fastest fingers I've ever seen.
I wish he was still around.

/i bet he's eating a sammich right now

Couldn't BlazeStorm hti 18 bps true semi?

Triangle
01-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Couldn't BlazeStorm hti 18 bps true semi?

Blazestorm was a fifteen year old idiot.
He was nothing but talk.
Whatever gun he was currently shooting was 'the best' and you were an idiot if you didn't agree.
I could go on and on about it.

I've hit spikes of 18-20bps standing completely still at the chrono, but in game running and gunning, I could care less how fast I'm shooting, so long as I make it to my Primary, post, and do my job on the field.

mobsterboy
01-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Blazestorm was a fifteen year old idiot.
He was nothing but talk.
Whatever gun he was currently shooting was 'the best' and you were an idiot if you didn't agree.
I could go on and on about it.

I've hit spikes of 18-20bps standing completely still at the chrono, but in game running and gunning, I could care less how fast I'm shooting, so long as I make it to my Primary, post, and do my job on the field.

could have fooled me, i thought he still is 15

bryceeden
01-08-2007, 08:22 AM
but in game running and gunning, I could care less how fast I'm shooting, so long as I make it to my Primary, post, and do my job on the field.

I would hope most people would agree, but I have alot of people who come in my store with huge bps claims where as it has been saud earlier the "p" is definatly silent or the gun's illegal and it got me wondering what most people really shoot at.

SpitFire1299
01-09-2007, 02:18 AM
15 with PSP ramping on. :cool:

NoForts4Me
01-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Let's see...1 second...

pumpSHOOTpumpSHOOTpumpSHOOTpumpSh...argh...

About 3-4 bps a second on me Sniper II.

p8ntbal4me
01-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Let's see...1 second...

pumpSHOOTpumpSHOOTpumpSHOOTpumpSh...argh...

About 3-4 bps a second on me Sniper II.

I LOVE my Sniper II. Other than the KP,... it is by far the most accurate pump I have ever shot. (Palmer makes a excellent pump as well (Super Stocker),... only shot it, never played with it)

RRfireblade
01-09-2007, 07:53 PM
34 , limited only by the Xvalve , no bounce . . . lefty.

Nuff said. :ninja:

Triangle
01-09-2007, 07:54 PM
34 , limited only by the Xvalve , no bounce . . . lefty.

Nuff said. :ninja:

Jay Fireblade,
You are a liar, and a cheat.

RRfireblade
01-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm going to need video proof of that.

Desega
01-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Proof of your own post? I don't get it. Anyway, I can hit anywere from 12-16 on a good day, according to an x-mod sensor.