PDA

View Full Version : New found respect for Toys R Us

lopxtc
01-06-2007, 06:47 PM
I have a new found respect for Toys R Us now ...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/06/first.baby.ap/index.html

Denied the prize to the mom since she is not an American citizen. I can only hope that they keep this stance and not back down to outside pressure.

Aaron

robnix
01-06-2007, 06:54 PM
I have a new found respect for Toys R Us now ...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/06/first.baby.ap/index.html

Denied the prize to the mom since she is not an American citizen. I can only hope that they keep this stance and not back down to outside pressure.

Aaron

I guess that respect is gone now...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1110AP_First_Baby_Dispute.html

Decision reversed.

lopxtc
01-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Ah damnit ... figures.

Aaron

bornl33t
01-06-2007, 08:46 PM
"second rate citizens"?

They ARE NOT CITIZENS!!!! Why is this concept so hard to grasp. No citizen NO RIGHTS! buncha retards, yeah I'm passionate about the issue.

Glickman
01-06-2007, 08:58 PM
/waambulence

something urks me about this

you dont want to follow our laws when its inconvenient, but want the same legal rights?

bull...

i have respect for immigrants who come here making an effort to further themselves and become a part of a viable society, but this isnt the case.

91Foxtrot
01-07-2007, 01:17 AM
Uh, I might just be saying this because I am drunk, but unless you are one of the three couples - who cares?

By the time the kid goes to college, a 4-year degree is going to cost $12 million. $25,000 isn't going to cover your parking pass...

Eagle
01-07-2007, 10:16 AM
not only that, but while the parents might not be legal, the kid was born here in the US, which makes it a US citizen irregardless of parentage

lopxtc
01-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Because the rules of the contest stated that the parent entry needs to be a legal US citizen.

Aaron

not only that, but while the parents might not be legal, the kid was born here in the US, which makes it a US citizen irregardless of parentage

Eagle
01-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Because the rules of the contest stated that the parent entry needs to be a legal US citizen.

Aaron

gotcha

PyRo
01-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Ok, nothing to do with the contest but...
What is the point of that law anyway? To encourage illegal immigrants to have lots of children so they can become citizens?

Head knight of Ni
01-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Aaron

The money goes to the child anyways, right? So it's benefitting a legal US citizen.

Lenny
01-08-2007, 02:38 AM
"second rate citizens"?

They ARE NOT CITIZENS!!!! Why is this concept so hard to grasp. No citizen NO RIGHTS! buncha retards, yeah I'm passionate about the issue.
Umm... inalienable rights, dude. Read up on it.

bornl33t
01-08-2007, 03:37 AM
Umm... inalienable rights, dude. Read up on it.

Citizens dude, no citizen -no vote, no taxes, no rights. Read up on it.

pennywise
01-08-2007, 07:27 AM
irregardless
That is not a word. What you really meant was "regardless".

--Yes, I cannot stand when people misuse that "word"--and it happens very often. :mad:

BigEvil
01-08-2007, 07:55 AM
What is the point of that law anyway? To encourage illegal immigrants to have lots of children so they can become citizens?

This is the first thing that needs to be changed. It would be the #1 priesident BigEvil's agenda.

Its a shame that or leaders are yellow spined sacless blobs of pandering goo.

rmg
01-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle

Ok, nothing to do with the contest but...

Whether you realize it or not, non-citzens often come to the US just to have their children. I was in Philadelphia to get a passport, I meet a couple with a baby, they were from Ecuador. They told me they were only here so their kid was born as a US citzen. They made it sound as if it was pretty common place. They were heading home after they got all the paper work to prove their kid was a citizen.
I don't think that is quite right, but it happens, probably more than we know.